IGNORED

Drogba

the good and bad of drogba summed up in 2nites game, hes a cheat, no denying that, buy fuck me the lad can play. the composure and control he showed for his goal, awesome! i really rate him as one of the best in the world, if only he could cut the other crap

i love the guy, hes class... theres no1 better at the moment, he can do it all...

but talk about him cheating, that disgraceful mexican shudda been sent off twice .... so glad carvalho kicked that little deco prick aswell, hate that twar

He can do it all, yes

Dive, fall over, fain injury, pretend he's been battered, throw himself to the groung

CLASS he definatly is not that for sure and never will be as long as he does all that play acting

A game between the two best clubs in Europe?, I don't think so.

Ok there were moments of skill and very attractive football and a few cracking goals, but the rest of the crap certainly put a shadow over the whole game for me. These "world class players" made fools of themselves with some theatrics which would have BK booking them for a season in the west end.

ATB

Mac

I think its embarrassing more than funny to be honest.

I played footy last night, got an arm in me face, I just carried on.

This doesnt mean I'm tough, far from it but it does mean that if a 17 year old can continue playing after a wack in the gob then why cant a big 15 stone man stay on his feet after a slight push. He goes down every game like hes been shot.

Hes a cheating horrible scumbag in my opinion and is an embarrassment to football, hes far from the only one though.

Quality player but a cheat all the same.

Edited by Ian

its a shame players like drogba, ronaldo, henry and the whole of Spainish football dive.

they have masses of talent and they dive anyway. there isnt any need for it as it ruins the game. they dont need to cheat to be world class players and win games.

i know people say things like arteta and AJ dive (although they sometimes do go down easily) but if they do i certainly wont be the first to defend them.

Whatever happend to..." GET UP YOUR NOT HURT "..?....That was the catch cry in my day.

Your own team mates would turn on you first.

Long gone those days Pat,sadly

It's sad how it's filtered down to kids also. Watching my lad training at school some of them are so theatrical...you can see them preparing their dive as a defender approaches them, they often get the timing completely off. The temptation is to laugh at the absurdity of it, but it's very sad. Christ if my dad had ever seen me do that :o . The only justification for me going down in his mind was a compound fracture of at least two limbs :lol: !

Drogba (and the rest) should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves...but sadly they're not...another case for retrospective video evidence punishment IMHO.

I agree with the above coments I wasnt allowed to be hurt when I played football and the result was a Tony Hibbert type left back emerging sadly without the talent but I hit hard and took them back.

I even played the seccond half of the only cup final I ever played in in my first year of senior school with a nasty stud gash on my thigh taped up with the tape I held my socks up with so the teacher didnt see it and sub me. Fook that hurt and we lost to cap it all off but crying like a little girl has never been in my nature.

I can understand the odd "slip" in the box for a penalty but going down like you have been shot with every challenge in the remote hope of getting someone sent off is a joke and ruining the game. Bring back the days when every Merseyside derby began with the most evil challenge of the season, those where the days when no RS wanted the ball first because they knew a "welcome to Goodison" challenge was following 0.2 secconds later.

I'd like to see Drogba & Robben trying to runn through Parkinson, Horne & Ebrell with a Ref' from the same era!

Goldy said......."I agree with the above coments I wasnt allowed to be hurt when I played football and the result was a Tony Hibbert type left back emerging sadly without the talent but I hit hard and took them back.

I even played the seccond half of the only cup final I ever played in in my first year of senior school with a nasty stud gash on my thigh taped up with the tape I held my socks up with so the teacher didnt see it and sub me. Fook that hurt and we lost to cap it all off but crying like a little girl has never been in my nature."

Yeah i like that sort of attidude, that would have got you a place in most teams in the Days when football was a sport. I never used to like playing alongside those people who went down hurt, i used to say aaw he's a big sissy we can do without him. Can only remember missing a couple of games through injury, and that was pretty late in my career 35 or 36 i was. I put a sliding tackle in on this bloke and got my leg stamped on, when i tried to get up my calf muscle was showing through my socks two nice little puncture wounds where his studs had gone in, I couldnt put any weight on it and the ref told me to leave the tie-ups in place and get to hospital, as it turned out our manager whipped me away in his car.

By the time i arrived at casualty my lillywhite sock was completely red with blood, and a cup of blood came out of my boot when it was removed, took three interior stitches in my muscle, and five outside to repair it and i still carry two nice circular scars to this day, a constant reminder of the one time i did get hurt.

I learned from my team-mates that the ref had checked his studs after i had gone and sent him off to change his boots... his studs, the Aluminium screw in type, had worn down so much he was just left with the pointed screws............. Very dangerous.

But on the whole, considering i used to bike it from one ground to another playing on saturday mornings and twice on Sundays, i never used to miss a lot of games, maybe i was one of the fortunate ones, or is it the Attitude that gets you through ??..............Maybe.

I wouldnt have stood for it, if my team mates went down like a sack of spuds every time they got tackled I'd have told them off for playacting, these divers today should be done by the Video Panel, same as they do if a foul is missed by the ref. I just think their a load old Tarts spoiling a MANS GAME.

Licker.........thoroughly pissed off about the way this Beautifull game is going downhill.

I wouldnt have stood for it, if my team mates went down like a sack of spuds every time they got tackled I'd have told them off for playacting,

Get Up you F@#$%G Pussy..!!!

But Then If ya did genuinely get smashed & by lord in the 70's - Erly 80's ya certainly did, your teamates would also be the first to take the number & dish a bit out on your behalf.

You would be a crumpled heap on the sideline unitl the MAGIC SPRAY kicked in & back like a rabid dog within minutes.

Damen that spray but, my Knees & ankles suffer today & im sure it played a sig part.

One Hero stroy I recall was smashing ankle in a game, Sponge, spray play on - Hlaf time more spray, 2nd half even more spray.

Sat night on the lager's which ended as a bender thru to sunday evening, disco fukin bunny, all the bad moves etc , draggin me lame foot around wif me for the ride.

Monday morning agony, up the docs, x-ray..Fractured ankle.

Pat.........Like Licker wondering what the fuk is happening to our game.

...and Craccer's rant about me, Zed and everyone else over the age of twelve has gone as well :angry: . Made me laugh :( .

Agree on Drogba though Ian...deserves all the "diss" he gets!

Is it becasue I is black

Innit

I think it was more you than me mike, im a nice and friendly chap :lol:

...and Craccer's rant about me, Zed and everyone else over the age of twelve has gone as well :angry: . Made me laugh :( .

Agree on Drogba though Ian...deserves all the "diss" he gets!

strange, because it was true...and i know for a fact that its not just me that thinsk that way