IGNORED

Everton V Arsenal Part Ii

Zed

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe he sent him off for supposedly calling Poll a cheat after he refused to give us a penalty. Faddy has said he only swore at him though, and Im more inclined to believe Faddy myself. Anyway surely Faddy calling him a cheat doesnt warrant a red card? I mean you see Rooney swearing right in the refs face every week and he doesnt get booked. Where is the fucking consistency.

You can't accuse Poll of pandering to the larger teams but he definately likes to make himself the centre of attention. Maybe he's trying to reassert himself after all the critisism. I can't think of anyone being given a straight red simply for verbal abuse even when Keane or Rooney was screaming "fucking wanker" in his face.

That said McFadden doesn't really need to give it out it's not part of his game and with his abysmal record in a blue shirt he shouldn't be putting his tantrums ahead of the team. I can't stand the prick tbh and if it means Anichebe or Vaughn getting a chance then it's a bonus. That's two piss poor refereeing decisions in two matches which have cost us the game we must be due some love, roll on Villa.

Funnily enough, I remember Poll saying in an interview a few months ago he doesnt mind swearing and abuse from footballers during a match, its expected - he just gives it back to them. It was direct quotes in a few of the nationals as well not some Sun jackanory. Now this...definately a bruised ego I think and his is bigger than any other ref in the Premiership lets be honest.

Piss awful defending from the corner they scored from which is disappointing when their first team had god knows how many corners against us at the Emirates and never looked like scoring! But it was never a corner in the first place...Tim kept the ball well in play, and Adebayor was lucky to be on the pitch after his tackle on AJ that he didn't even get a yellow for (not sure from ETV whether that was before or after the yellow he got for the tackle on Arteta).

And whatever Faddy said it seems to me he said it as he was running past Poll...not as if he spat it in his face from six inches away..wasn't even looking at him. I'm really pissed about this one :angry: .

Having said all that we should be able to take Arsenal reserves even with ten men.

And this is the reason we're light years away from the top 4 clubs..fucking light years :blink:

Are you forgetting that with 11 men on the pitch we held Arsenal's first team to a 1-1 draw, away from home, only a couple of weeks ago? This was never going to be an even contest from the moment Poll wanted his next 15 minutes of fame (or should that be infamy?). With a full compliment we could have won that game, christ, Faddy was sent off in the 19min and it took them until the 83rd to score, and then it was from a set piece.

I completely and utterly Blame Poll for last nights defeat, there is very little that a player could surely say to a ref in this day and age that he hasn't heard before and if he reacted in that manner all the time Rooney would be permanently banned. Poll has not only cheated us out of a fair attempt to progress in a cup competition for another year, he has also hindered our attempts to maintain our league position on Saturday as those remaining 10 players that gave their all on the pitch last night have to play again on Saturday.

I'm not one of those who is going to defend McFaddy, cos ive been shouting in my posts about players aiming abuse at referees, and disputing every decision. On this occasion maybe a yellow would have been sufficient,

My complaint is, will he show Red or Yellow cards the next time he is surrounded by players disputing a dodgy decision, or muttering some abuse as they go past. Its the inconsistancy they show, which riles players and supporters alike, and its time the FA showed some concern about the Refs who invariably create these situations, because they have double standards towards certain teams, and something has to be done before we have a serious riot, not by the supporters but by the players kicking fook out of the ref. :o

If its not controlled it could be heading that way.

That was the worst refereeing display I have ever seen and the chant of "your not fit to referee" was fully dserved IMHO.

Gutted we have been robbed by the man in the middle again and my faith in the "swings and roundabouts" theory of refereeing is taking a battering at the moment.

Shout of the night from the whole Gwladys Street "world cup and you fucked it up" !

Are you forgetting that with 11 men on the pitch we held Arsenal's first team to a 1-1 draw, away from home, only a couple of weeks ago? This was never going to be an even contest from the moment Poll wanted his next 15 minutes of fame (or should that be infamy?). With a full compliment we could have won that game, christ, Faddy was sent off in the 19min and it took them until the 83rd to score, and then it was from a set piece.

I completely and utterly Blame Poll for last nights defeat, there is very little that a player could surely say to a ref in this day and age that he hasn't heard before and if he reacted in that manner all the time Rooney would be permanently banned. Poll has not only cheated us out of a fair attempt to progress in a cup competition for another year, he has also hindered our attempts to maintain our league position on Saturday as those remaining 10 players that gave their all on the pitch last night have to play again on Saturday.

Poll is a tosser but we cant keep blaming the refs for all bad results,we're deluding ourselves if we do,no i hadnt forgotten about the other week,good result in fact but as i said we're simply not good enough to go anywhere near the top 4 clubs we dont have the money its a simple as that.

We need massive investment that wont come while BK is charge arsenal to me arent that good a side ,they are in a process of rebuilding but as you said it took them most of the match to score,but thats the thing they did score,we didnt for whatever reason and they won the match.

Refs are human and they make mistakes,some more than others granted but we have to stop this nonsense about the whole worlds out to get us,it makes as supporters look sad and bitter..in fact it makes us look like RS fans.

Oh and it was Faddys fault for the sending off,lip to refs is not allowed,so HE is to blame for the result,NOT the ref if youre looking to blame someone.

The AJ penalty/diving issue has now cost us two victories in my opinion, and wrongly so. I think this week we have got a lot to be angry about. Out of the cup and missing a chance to go third in the Prem. A couple of incorrect ref desicions that may have a massive impact on our overall season. I am bouncing.

Poll is now a joke in my opinion - He was a utter fool in the World Cup. The incident at the weekend with Chelsea is unbelivable, and the sending off of Faddy in my opinion is frustration on Polls part, very unproffesional.

I am getting the feeling Poll would like to see himself as some sort of infamouse celeb. Will we be seeing him on 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here' next few year. Wouldn't suprise me

^^ that sounds about right!

To be honest lads it was my fault we lost i didnt wear the Everton Wristband my other half got me for Christmas, its been a lucky charm for us.

i am truely sorry :(:D

if we get past the fourth round then we will win the League Cup, because we always get the hardest draw.

I'm not blaming the Ref for all our bad results - JUST THIS ONE. So we didn't get a penalty against Fulham, that's football, we lost to a deflection, that's football. In this day and age swearing at a referee, that's football. I don't condone it, but it's the game these days, example: Man U v Southend, Rooney didn't get a decision, turns to Uriah Rennie and in full TV close up points at him and say's "F*ck off you" - as plain as day, no one bats an eyelid, now please tell me what do you think Faddy could have said that constitutes a red? (no Faddy gay jokes to be added here, please!). Faddy misses games because of something he allegedly said, does Poll get repremanded for allegedly telling Ashley Cole that "Chelsea needed to be taught a lesson." No. My annoyance is that Poll was a big influence in us going out of a competition and not a thing will happen to him. Inconsistency in the refereeing is ruining the game as a spectacle. I will quite happily come away from Goodison on a saturday and hold my hand up and say fair enough, we've been beaten by a better team, but not if we've come away to a defeat that has been inflenced by a very bad refereeing decision. Poll doesn't have to explain his actions to anyone, so he has no undue worries about his actions on the pitch. Any ref that can give a player 3 yellow cards, must surely be scrutinized before being allowed to referee in our top league again. I agree that ref's are only human and make mistakes, but how many does Poll have to make before someone takes action? I'm getting annoyed with him just typing this......GRRRRR!!!!!

^^ that sounds about right!

To be honest lads it was my fault we lost i didnt wear the Everton Wristband my other half got me for Christmas, its been a lucky charm for us.

i am truely sorry :(:D

if we get past the fourth round then we will win the League Cup, because we always get the hardest draw.

same here except i wear a belt with a gibson les paul (guitar to the rest of you) and everytime i wear it we never lose. i apologise as well.

No lip to refs..simple as but i agree it should apply to everyone

Maybe so but they're all grown ups in a highly charged atmosphere....hardly gonna say, "I say referee old chap, sorry to bother you but I think you may have made a mistake". But like everyone says it's about consistency, which is sadly missing.

Maybe so but they're all grown ups in a highly charged atmosphere....hardly gonna say, "I say referee old chap, sorry to bother you but I think you may have made a mistake". But like everyone says it's about consistency, which is sadly missing.

Not the point rules as ever are rules but i agree you have to have consistency with it.

Poll is a twit, always has been so it didnt suprise me, I cant be arsed ranting on, doesnt change the result.

Terrible defending from the corner, should have stuck tighter to the big lad who scored.

Some great performances out there though I thought, Ok we got beat by some kids, fucking good kids though!

Johnson could have scored but no ones perfect!

Defence was immense after mcFly got sent off, special mentions for Yobo and Valente. Two things that where superb:

- Yobo's run then great ball with the outside of his boot, what a ball

- Valente's tackle - The whole gwladys street nearly cried with joy at that challange!

Another cup gone though but no point crying over it, lets sing our hearts out saturday and pick up 3 points up against the Villa!

Come On You Blues!

I feel I must add my little contribution, but I fear all I would be doing is trotting out something that has already been said.

All view expressed here have been well put and fairly intelligent..................and Poll is a c*nt.

ATB

Mac

Bugger Bum Arse

Missed the game as Ive been in Sunny Sheffield

Poll is a knob as we all know, A straight red, come on.

One things reffs hate being called is a cheat though, call them anything else, how many times has this twit fooked us over

Gutted

If we dont win against Villa then were fooked END OF

How many games have we not won for now

He might be looking at it from another angle Goldy.

4 Wins in 11 games, only 1 win in the last 7. Not exactly championship form. ;)

True but progress from last year and it only takes the shooting boots to start firing again and we can beat anyone!

Personally I'm loving this season but as the signature says "always the optimist".