IGNORED

Faddy's Side Of The Story

Randomness

From Evertonfc.com

James McFadden has insisted he did not use the word 'cheat' to referee Graham Poll prior to his red card in the Carling Cup defeat to Arsenal.

The Scotland international was dismissed early in the opening half of the fourth round clash at Goodison.

The straight red card came seconds after referee Poll had refused Everton a penalty following a challenge on Andy Johnson by Phillipe Senderos.

The referee halted play following words with McFadden and presented him with a straight red card.

After the game McFadden joined manager David Moyes in the press conference to pass on his account.

He said only: "The ref didn't make the decision in the instant before it.

"As I was running back I swore at him and I have been sent off for it."

Moyes added: "What I have been told is the word 'cheat' was used and now James McFadden has come to you and said his bit."

The manager resisted the temptation to add further comments over the incident, explaining: "I am going to try and answer no questions about the referee if that is possible. I know it is a big issue in the game but James has come up and given his account."

Its irrelevant - you cant swear at a referee in the best of circumstances and you certainly can not use foul language to describe a decision he has or hasn't made.

So whether he called him a cheat or said it was fucking shit is not the issue - Faddy should know better really!

APart from that...Poll did engineer our defeat. We had no chance - not only with ten men but the gunners had a twelth man in the form of the referee.

He may have pulled them up for the really dirty challenges but they got away with everything else - and we didn't. Every aerial challenge that was slighty questionable - we got pulled they never. Every 50/50 - we got pulled, they never. Every shout for hand ball - we got pulled, they never.

Poll - or is it liverpoll - he hates us, we hate him. He apparently hates chelsea, they hate him. He fooked up last night. He fooked up at the world cup. Its time to go....

the wrost one though is when mart poom made a good save from aj. if poom didnt get a touch on it it would have been a goal. canme off poom for a corner but no its a goal kick.

im sick and tired of this twat. i had an ace night as it was the first game i went to without me dad and i saw a friend of mine for the first time. the only thing that ruined it was that ref.

he fucks up in every game. theres no way he can that bias without some sort of payment. however i agree with the faddy sending off. you shouldnt swear at the ref no matter how shite he is.

I think a straight red is far too harsh a punishment . Considering most of the time f-ing and blinding goes totally unpunished.

In a scots acent - saying 'f*cking shite' sounds very much like 'f*cking cheat' (try it in a scots accent you'll see waht I mean) - I wonder why Poll "heard" the word cheat - I guess its becasue he thinks that thats what evrybody is thinking off him after what he said to Ashley Cole at the weekend.

Has been in the media spotlight all week and should not have been allowed to ref last night game. And it is Everton and the supporters who have suffered most.

This bloke is going from a fool at the World Cup to a discrace in my opinion.

But is saying "Fucking shite" dissent (yellow) or foul and abusive (red). Have the players got a list of allowed words? If I said Fucking shite to my granny she's say it was foul and abusive but if a bloke says it in a factory it's just part of everyday English. A football pitch is a workplace for grown men...but with grannies and kids in attendance. Dunno. Still fucked off we lost the game whatever :angry: .

I every time a player swore he was sent off when not happy with a ref desision - then most games would end up as three or four a side.

You don't have to be a expert lip reader to see F-ing and blinding goes on all the time.

Any sencible ref - would have pulled Faddy to one side and said - 'thats enough of that, any more and you are in the book or off the pitch'. That's all that was needed last night. You have to have a bit of commpn sence in these things.

But Poll being Poll - is the big man out there and now demands more spotlight than the football game itself.

Why hasnt Rooney so much as ever been booked for his constant swearing in ref's faces? There is no conistency at all, especially from Poll. He ruined that game before it had even really began. What really gripes me is that Adebayor should have been sent off for a two footed challenge on AJ, but all Poll did was talk to him. I hate that man with a passion, and if i ever seen him face to face id murder him.

Guest blueboy122

yer totally agree with all of u there was a number of dangerous challenges in that game from the arse.adeboyor was a disgrace if aj didnt get out the way i would have feared for his footballing carrer disgusting referee but great preformane aj well done keep ur work ethic up and the whole back four rocked last nite yobo lescott outstandind to full backs were brilliant well done blueboys keep ya heds up!!!! fa cup here we cum we can get that trophy back on the rite side of merseyside!!!

Any sencible ref - would have pulled Faddy to one side and said - 'thats enough of that, any more and you are in the book or off the pitch'. That's all that was needed last night. You have to have a bit of commpn sence in these things.

How true, but not for the first time all we are talking about is the ref

The cheating fucking shite

Isnt this the ref who said about Dunc " keep an eye on him" when he came on as a sub

NOT BIASED MY ARSE

Cant condone Jame's conduct, though wont condem him either.

I think we all understand as mostly ex ( wannabees) players the frustrations felt.

Got Plenty in my time for the same & in them days you could swear a tad & even tackle.

God help the next player whom actually makes a real tackle & swears @ the same time...He may just get a life ban.

Sky Sports News are pissing me off aswell, they're going on about the rules so therefore Faddy should have been sent off but they fail to mention that other players havnt been sent off for it (barring Nolan, but he got 2 yellows rather than a straight red)

We can all lip read what Rooney screams at ref's every week so surly he should be serving another ban if we're playing to the letter of the law!