IGNORED

Victorious

who do members of the forum think would win ..............

CATTERICKS SIDE OF THE 60s total football, school of science side...

OR

KENDALL'S TEAM OF THE 8Os, Howards, hard as nails & fit as fook side..

I'M LUCKY, COS I SAW THEM BOTH. but i still can't make a decision on who pleased me the most.

who do members of the forum think would win ..............

CATTERICKS SIDE OF THE 60s  total football, school of science side...

OR

KENDALL'S TEAM OF THE 8Os, Howards, hard as nails & fit as fook side..

I'M LUCKY, COS I SAW THEM BOTH.  but i still can't make a decision on who pleased me the most.

Although still an ankle biter throughout the 80's, meaning i was still one of my daddys tadpoles in the 60's i will have to put my money on Kendall's boys.

My reasoning, Everton throughout my time as No. 1 supporter ( ;) ) have always been a relativly poor excuse for a football team; However we have proven time and time again that on any given Saturday guts, guile & fittness will always overcom flare, skill & style.

So to quote our 95 cup final song the answer for me is "Kendall's boys in 84"

:)

Hmmmmmm...Unfair question Bill....I caught the end of the School Of science era...butw s juts a wee bairn.

Lived thru the eighties like was yesterday.

Fair to say that football was indeed a different game to again as it is now to when both these teams were @ their peek.

The 60's side contained World Cup winners ( this cant be scoffed @) as well & again the 80's side provided a wealth of talent to annother decent world cup run.

Powerfull precison V's Authentic Artistry..

A happy cunundrum though..Ill savour both.

Guest fozzie22

The 80s side for me..mainly for one reason they toppled the RS who at the time had only to turn up in august to win the championship,plus they played some bloody good football too.

After long deliberation and many thought provoking happy memories, i have to go with the total football side of the 60s, the school of science.

I worked this out by comparing player for player, and only 4 players from the 80s would have got into the 60s team in my opinion.

In goal Big Nev Southall..... the best keeper we have ever had. just pips Gordon West.

Centre half "Rats" Ratcliffe... would be ahead of big John Hurst. and play alongside Brian Labone.

On the left Kevin Sheedy.. could open a tin of beans with his left leg.

On the right Trevor Steven... the complete player could tackle, beat players, had pace, and could score goals.

So if you can imagine mixing those players with players like Tommy Wright and Ray Wilson two England fullbacks, the midfield of Harvey, Kendall and Ball,( the best m/f 3 ive ever seen) with Alex Young and Joe Royle up front. JEEZ what a team that would have been.

So there you have it, plus the sheer joy of watching top players all performing together, and playing football as it should be played. IMMENSE PLEASURE. The 60s just win it for me.

Edited by toffeelicker

i am quite envious of most blues in a way. Me dad was still a kid when Everton where on top of their game in the 60s and i came too late to see the great team of the 80s. The only succsess i have seen is the FA cup win and last seasons high finish!!! Lets hope they can start gettin their finger out coz i wont to tell me kids about the great times when i was young!!!....all that said i wouldnt want to have supported any other club, after all i was chosen to be a blue :)

Guest fozzie22
i am quite envious of most blues in a way. Me dad was still  a kid when Everton where on top of their game in the 60s and i came too late to see the great team of the 80s. The only succsess i have seen is the FA cup win and last seasons high finish!!! Lets hope they can start gettin their finger out coz i wont to tell me kids about the great times when i was young!!!....all that said i wouldnt want to have supported any other club, after all i was chosen to be a blue :)

Damn your youth :)

just as a postscript to this thread just look what we had to put up with in the 60s.

1960/61.......final placing.....5th

1961/62..............=.............4th

1962/63..............=.............1st..........Champions

1963/64..............=.............3rd.........Charity shield winners.

1964/65..............=.............4th

1965/66..............=............11th.........FA cup winners

1966/67..............=.............6th

1967/68..............=.............5th..........FA Cup finalist

1968/69..............=.............3rd..........FA Cup semi

1969/70..............=.............1st..........Champions

ONLY ONCE out of the top 6, and in that year we won the cup. on top of that every year after 1962 season we played in Europe, Either the European cup winners cup, Inter cities fairs cup, or European cup.

We shouldnt have had to put up with rubbish like that should we,!! :P you dont know how lucky you are these days. :P:P:P

Hey, and all for 4 shillings (20P) a game. :D Jeez i used to get my season ticket for less than it costs for a programme these days.