IGNORED

Fucking Microsoft!

thebluenose

My PC died last week (ive been using my dads PC). but the person who did my PC a complete restart (as it was the only way) and it managed to solve the problem. however i had to reinstall windows XP via a customer service representitave over the phone (as Internet cant be installed until i reinstall windows)

anyway i ring up the customer service department when a bloke who was from an indian call centre answered the phone. now that didnt really bother me but the fact that the person didnt speak hardly any english made me insane. he couldnt understand what i was saying.

now i understand why microsoft have an indian call centre. but it annoys me when these guys dont know any english. the guy didnt even give me the ID number which registered windows.

Not if you have reinstalled a number of times.

It then asks you to validate over phone & get a new product key.

Ive had this heaps o times, espec with my earliest build which is 4 yr old now.

Worse though this end...It goes to an Australian Call centre...They cant speak english either...!!!

G'day Cobber Billy gates Down under here mate, what can we be slabbin 4 ya today.

( nah ive alwas found em ok this end..A wait but ya expect that)

Anyone who's got a spare PC should give Linux a go.

nothing to lose as it's free.

I mainly use a Windows PC, as it's supplied by work, but I like messing with Linux on an old machine of my own, and there's very little you can't do that windows can. Gaming's probably where the biggest difference is, but I've got my 360 for that anyway.

I bought a pc from dixons for my mum two years ago 13 months in (typical) and the motherboard dies. So I tracked down the same motherboard model, bought it and installed it only to find the xp serial doesn't work.

After explaining this to the indian customer service guy he said he'd ring back after the weekend. How annoying is that? Natually I was a bit pissed off etc. he was saying he didn't understand the problem properly and he'd need someone to call me on monday. I hung up in disbeleif.

Fifteen minutes later the phone rang it was someone from England with a serial number ready for me to put into the computer.

The MS customer service is well and truly bizarre.

To add insult to injury I now realise I could have took back the computer and had it changed because the warranty was 12 months but my mum paid for protection for a further 12 months. Typical.