IGNORED

The Deal Is Done!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna take that with a pinch of salt, if the deal was done it would have been announced.

PS.....and who would you drop to put him in.?????  Nooo,  we dont need him.

I agree Toffeelicker.

Who would you drop to play him. Also he is injured at the moment and not sure when he is back.

People are saying he can sign but not play til Jan, is that cos he is injured and when he is expected back?

i have already made my opion clear about bringing roy in yes on a short term but if he cant play till jan then would be no point don't think he's out for that long but would welcome him just to give us another edge with a few irish links and neville easy access as wouldn't have to move think he may go for it

but we will see............

Sorry lads,

It was roy and not robbie, as the story goes roy & gary roomed together for Manure and roy is not interested in a house move at this point in time meaning Everton could be his first choice.

Plus the Goodison faithful are definatly not the "prawn butty brigade" he accused the mancs of being.

I still think he would be a good signing! :)

That is a big move in the betting.

It was 5/2 then 7/4 by the end of yesterday - and now favs. You would say it is a very strong possibility that Roy Keane will be an Everton player.

I am with most on the fact that do we don't really NEED him, but he is a handy player to have until next summer.

He is not what he used to be, but if he comes in on a month by month or even a 6 month contract until the summer. Nobody, can say he's still not a quaility Prem player and wouldn't be a good squad player. Man U who are still a top team still aren't as good without Keane as they are with him.

I know they have got rid, but that is more the fact is they have got to move on with what they have got, as Keane days in the Prem now have a short shelf life.

As Pat said a lot had there doubts about Neville (not me).

I would guess Moyes will have a good chat with Neville, Ferguson and Keane before he would sign him, and wouldn't do it on a whim and will do his homework properly . You know Moyes carefully, carefully when it comes to signing players.

I've never liked Keane, I think it's always been the times that i've seen him stamping on people and getting into bust ups that have put me off him.

BUT he's a great player, not as fit as he used to be or as mobile but he's certianly a top class player and like neville another player with a world of experience. He's a quality player who can pass well, battle well and control the pace of the game.

if we did get Keane, looking at our current team i'd probably drop Davies to the bench to fight for his place. He hasn't cut it for me so far this season, so much hype about him over the last few years but i've not seen anything to impress me so far.

I personally think he'll go to Celtic and would be tempted to put money on it, but as i'm unsure of how we came to be such heavy favourites i'm thinking maybe there's some substance to the rumours.

ROY keane would be a good addition at the moment - we really need someone to sure up the midfield whilst Neville is at left back.

Roy will definately do that. Every took the piss when McAllister signed for the RS but it turned out to be a very good signing - I reckon Keane would be good for us - it would allow Tim that little bit more room to push forward as he would not have to think about tracking back all the time to cover davies/osman.

I dont think that it would be such a bad thing. Doubt that he will be our manager though!

ROY keane would be a good addition at the moment - we really need someone to sure up the midfield whilst Neville is at left back.

Roy will definately do that. Every took the piss when McAllister signed for the RS but it turned out to be  a very good signing - I reckon Keane would be good for us - it would allow Tim that little bit more room to push forward as he would not have to think about tracking back all the time to cover davies/osman.

I dont think that it would be such a bad thing. Doubt that he will be our manager though!

Can anyone find any links to these rumours - there is nothing on any Everton website (except this one) and there is nothing on paddy power about it...

Can anyone find any links to these rumours - there is nothing on any Everton website (except this one) and there is nothing on paddy power about it...

Can't find anything apart from bit on NSNO that Paddy Power had stopped taking bets. But the bookies have got it from somewhere..time will tell I guess..

As he's a free agent does he still have to wait til Jan window to sign/play??

Paddy power are usually fairly good and don't generally stop taking bets.

I would guess this could be a very strong indication that indeed some sort of deal is already in the pipeline for him coming till at least the end of this season. Can't see him signing for a club abroad or in Scotland until the summer at the earliest.

Initially, I thought that you could sign and play free agents at anytime, but I have read Keane is not eligiable until January. So could also do with definative clarification on this - rather than thoughts.

Rowlo- The McAllister is a very good example of what a aging player can offer in the short term.