IGNORED

David Moyes Tactics Good Or Bad?

toolio

after watching the 3-2 home to defeat to chelsea as most evertonians i was left dissapointed good performance by the team apart from carsley, davies, and imo howard could have done better but what worried me was the fact david moyes waited until 91 mins to put the 2 james's on, when it was obvious vic and mik were nuckin fakered that ti me makes me question david moyes and it makes me feel like what the fuck is the point in that davie

anyone agree or disagree or know where im coming from

after watching the 3-2 home to defeat to chelsea as most evertonians i was left dissapointed good performance by the team apart from carsley, davies, and imo howard could have done better but what worried me was the fact david moyes waited until 91 mins to put the 2 james's on, when it was obvious vic and mik were nuckin fakered that ti me makes me question david moyes and it makes me feel like what the fuck is the point in that davie

anyone agree or disagree or know where im coming from

i thought Davies did well(probably his best in a blue shirt for me), and Cars broke up play as per usual. ill say time and again, you'll notice him when he isnt there (last season anybody?)

id have left Big Vic on, he was causing all sorts of problems for their defence, BT came on, what did he do? give away a free kick before even touching the ball. i would have taken off Osman for Jimmy Mc thou

Personally, I think that Moyes tactics are pretty good...however he does leave changes very late...sometimes too late to expect anything.

Sometimes he brings them on just to kill a bit of time AS WAS THE CASE OF BRINGING ON SUBS IN TIME ADDED ON. :blink::blink: And sometimes those he brings on, play worse than the players going off.

So .....no i dont think he's very good at tactical substitutions, But he's still learning. ;)

the goals by chelski were late in the game so he didnt need to bring on anyone earlier. and when he did compare what we had to bring on to chelski! the had a 100 million quid sitting on the bench!

i dont blame moyes for the loss but i do blame the players.

carsley is a seasoned veteran and to handle that ball as he did was incredibly foolish.

both late goals by lampard and drogba occurred because their markers gave them too much space and time. lampard especially had way too much time to setup his shot.

thats the kind of carelessness that you can't afford against talent like that. you have to stick to them like glue and harrass them as soon as they get near to the ball.

ive no doubt that moysey had a few words with them after the game. very strong words i hope.

if certain players had maintained their concentration we would have won that game!

Much 2 my suprise of late...Moyes teams have been pretty much what ends up on my sketch pad a cple hrs before matches.

Must be the injuries as Davey & I often differ on weekday lineup's.

Lately the tactics ahve been do the best with what one ahs.

A bit harsh to take to task under those restraints.

Be interestinmg to see when we have a full squad ( 1 day) of players to choose from, formations to field / change etc with cunning tactical ploys to implement.

At 2-2 against Chelsea, near the end of the game against Chelsea you don't really want to be bringing attacking players on. As they smell blood and will be going hell for leather for the win. You have got to try and hold on considering the players they have.

I wonder goal by Drogba a few minutes from the end, doesn't give you much time to get players on the pitch. I imagine he got them on as soon as he could once we lost the 3rd goal. So can't really poo poo his tactics on Sunday.

When it was 2-2 we thought we'd done it and would have all gone home happy

We were undone by a fantastic shot, which no keeper in the world would have got

For both the 3rd and 2nd goals Howard was in his six yard box. You have sometimes got to hold your hands up (NO PUN INTENDED) and say we were done. Yes, the defence could have closed down more.

But I thought the team, game & crowd were fan-fuckin-tastic. I only hope theres a few more games like that WHICH WE WIN

As for tactics, we were ahead twice and playing the current champoins with not many options on the bench, although I would have brought Mcfad on for Arteta about 15mins to go as he would have got stuck in as always

NIL SATIT NISI OPTIMISM

I think that in some respect, Moyes should be respected for the decisions that he made pre-game against Reading.

Despite the fact he had picked his squad, and formation, he was able to adapt at last minute when Stubbs pulled a muscle in the warm-up. Personally, although I don't think that Naysmith is the answer, nor the best, it benefited us as he played both Lescott and Yobo in central defence, which is their strongest positions. Many of the recent mistakes that Yobo has made is due to the fact that he has been playing out wide - which he seemingly struggles to do successfully.

;)