IGNORED

Avdm...not Again!

BLUE-TAC

Had a quick check in case anyone else had written on this topic-couldn't see owt so here goes...

Heard that AVDM missed the Chelsea game cos he got burgled again! He even moved house since the first time, the guy is cursed!

(like I say, sorry if it's been written about before).

Anyone know if this is true?

You know, it really pisses me off to no end.

VDM has up rooted and moved to our area to play for the club, and the scum of society choose to ransac his home and possessions, steal his Ferrari and more importantly to him, his dog.

Its just not on. Just because he is a footballer does not mean that he should be targetted, nor does it mean that he is not bothered by some thieving shitbag fingering his private posessions.

I just hope that a good 'ol heavy handed blue boy wearing a uniform kicks seven colours of shannon out of the RS thieving scum soon! Teach em a lesson! Strong words, but more than fair I am sure you will agree!

Christ............I cant believe what i'm hearing, This fella's not completed a game in 18 months, made about 10 appearances as a sub with some being for as little as 3 mins of time added on.

On His last two appearances he didnt show for the second half of one, and the other he was subbed with half hour to go.

And in the TT polls for those games he was voted motm. IF HE WAS SO GOOD WHY WAS HE SUBBED.

Sorry but i'm not as fickle as that, to me he is still a waster and a drain on this Club, and the sooner he's gone the better. If DM makes the same mistake this window as he did the last, by giving him another chance instead of getting rid, i will be very dissappionted.

PS.... i do feel sorry for his house being burgled, BUT... is that any reason for him not being able to play. ???.

Christ............I cant believe what i'm hearing, This fella's not completed a game in 18 months, made about 10 appearances as a sub with some being for as little as 3 mins of time added on.

On His last two appearances he didnt show for the second half of one, and the other he was subbed with half hour to go.

And in the TT polls for those games he was voted motm. IF HE WAS SO GOOD WHY WAS HE SUBBED.

Sorry but i'm not as fickle as that, to me he is still a waster and a drain on this Club, and the sooner he's gone the better. If DM makes the same mistake this window as he did the last, by giving him another chance instead of getting rid, i will be very dissappionted.

PS.... i do feel sorry for his house being burgled, BUT... is that any reason for him not being able to play. ???.

its not as straight forward as that, as you should know. he's not fully match fit, obviously because he hasn't played many matches. he was subbed because he was beginning to tire as any player would be following such a long spell out

and 2ndly on the burglary thing, at first i agreed but id rather he didnt i mean we were playin chelsea, if there was any doubt that his mind was going to be anywhere else we couldn't risk that, also he would have had to talk to the police and stuff, it must be very traumatic especially since its already happened once so i'd rather he had the day off than feature for us

I completly agree..i find the reverance surrounding this toerag astounding i really do

And bring burgled is no excuse for not playing..its a sad fact its probably happened to all of us at sometime or another be we just get on with life..my bet a hangover

You've got a strong enough case without exaggerating Licker. He played 72 mins against West Ham and 80 against Pompey. There's a big polarisation of views on the man Van and though I suspect you and Foz et al may well be right I hope to fuck you're wrong (and will make a Mourinho style apology if and when proved so :lol: ).

Mike...sitting comfortably on the fence..Devon B) .

Mike yeah i'm not absolutely certain although i keep records of most things, unfortunately i have to rely on my Memory for times of substitutions. So i could well be mistaken as i cant even remember what i had for dinner yesterday. :)

Still a bit amazed how one Swallow can make a summer for our supporters, who must have shorter memory's than me, praising someone who has fleeced this club out of £2 million pounds in wages so far and what has he given in return.??? 152 minutes (your times) of AVERAGE football....Not Superb, Not Brilliant, But average premiership football, and all of a sudden he's MOTM on two occasions.

If he ever plays again they could end up voting him Player of the Season. :blink::blink: what a joke.

Bill.......not sitting on any fence, but sitting in a chair at home. :D:D

I think he will be off.

Conisder this ( Not Defending - just presenting a time line)

New Country, Not playing, Domestic problems, Broken in / done over twice, Car & dog knocked off, his own fans think he's a Cnut ( Mostly) & been called an Alche.

Wouldnt suprise me if he's Fuked off already.

This is my last word an VDM, a bit of info i picked up from the Net

""In 2003, after scoring 11 goals from midfield, Inter Milan signed van der Meyde from Ajax for £4m. However a disappointing season saw Van der Meyde managing only 15 league appearances (from the subs bench).

In the summer of 2004, van der Meyde helped Holland reach the semi finals of Euro 2004. His inclusion into the squad was, however, not endorsed by Johan Cruijff who declared that as long as the winger is in the Dutch national team for Euro 2004, the team would not stand a chance to win the coveted title.

In spite of such criticism, van der Meyde managed to feature in 4 matches in the build-up to the semi-finals. van der Meyde was overlooked for the semi-final game against Portugal and after EURO 2004, when Marco van Basten took over as national team coach, he did not receive a call-up to the Dutch team again.""

As you can see he hasnt played regular football since 2003 at Ajax when he was 23 years old, thats nearly 4 years ago. It seems the spell in Italy might have been the start of his Downfall, which led to his problems ( whatever they may be). And then of course Johan Cruyff, and Marco Van Basten, come out with statements like that. :blink::blink:

Did they already know exactly what his problem was...?? anyway i will leave you to make your own mind up wether you will ever see the VdM he used to be, or the shadow of the player we have here now.

Thats my last word on him..............Maybe. ;)

I can see where your coming from Bill, and one swallow can't make a summer BUT

If he plays very well (which he did do) should he not be awarded Man Of The Match? A player can come on for 10 minutes change the game, can he not get man of the match as hes only played a couple of minutes?

If he plays well again (or again full stop :lol: ) I will have no worries about voting him Man of the match, you cant just disregard his performances because of his lack of football.

I'm as pissed off as the next person for the amount of money he has cost us, I still however believe hes a very good player and think hes a joy to watch WHEN he plays, sadly its not enough :(

His inclusion into the squad was, however, not endorsed by Johan Cruijff who declared that as long as the winger is in the Dutch national team for Euro 2004, the team would not stand a chance to win the coveted title.

Couple of things. Firstly Cruyff was nothing to do with the Dutch team, Dick Advocaat was the coach, so his opinion, if interesting, is only that of a pundit. Secondly the Dutch team were doing OK with VDM in it..he set up van Nistlerooy's late equalizer against the Germans in their opening game....when they dropped him to the bench for the semi against Portugal they lost, which blows Cruyff's opinion straight out of the water.

..and here's a Dutchman's (Johan Dersken, editor of Voetbal International) view on van Bastens abilities as a manager after the 2006 World Cup..

....I can appreciate the public support Cruyff loyally and gracefully offers to his protégé (van Basten), but he does not serve the Dutch people well with his noble actions.

Our team manager has become a charicacture of himself. A cold man, leaving a disasterous trail behind him. And there are no indicators that that will change.

Van Basten knows it all as far as football is concerned, and the other 16 million team managers in Holland all see it the wrong way.

So possibly not the best opinions to rely on.

Edited by mikeo

Your point being that two of Hollands best ever players Didnt know anything about VDM, :blink: they either played alongside him, against him, or had regular contact with him in Dutch Football.

C'mon Mike, he's been sitting on the subs bench for 4 years, Cant play ninety mins even when he's not been injured.

Does'nt that tell you something about him, He's abused his body for so long that he will never be fit enough to play regularly in any top league.

The man has been here 18 months, do you seriously believe that in all that time, its injuries that have kept him from playing. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Tell me you don't believe that Mike, I'm sure you have more intellect than that.

As I've said before Bill I strongly suspect that you're right...just putting another viewpoint into the mix, playing devil's advocate :D . Main reason being that if he's had a problem with the falling down juice that he's trying to get over then he deserves the benefit of any doubt (however small the doubt) in my book.

Edited by mikeo

The getting used to doing " Nothing " Thing In Italy is a point worth considering.

They dont play reserve Team footy & if say youre Injured or Frozen out, some ofr the clubs dont evene xpect you to attend Home matches, etc.

Just pick up thier 60k+ Packets a week & Roll up to training. Becomes habit forming & has been the demise of more than a few.

VDM Falls in to that category of Injured frozen out player @ a Massive club.

Just a humble pers opinion but Can see a finger pointing 2 that being a precusor of the Rot.

Food 4 Thought anyway ?