IGNORED

Learning To Drive

Andy

anyone else heard about what the government are planning on doing?about how driver should have a minimum tariff on learning to rive before they take their test?ive heard its from 100-120 hours minimum and the practical test is supposed to be split in 2 in order to accomodate different aspects of driving such as night driving, is anyone on here learning to drive?any opinions?im just lucky i passed mine the year before last as i would have been a lot angrier now than what i am, reason being that fayes learning to drive and shes not going to be particularly happy if all this comes into effect!its supposed to be to stop accidents with young drivers on the road but surely other measures could be taken rather than hit skint teenagers in the pocket that little bit more?

tell faye not to worry, this sort of thing will just blow over. even if it didnt and they decided to bring it in, then they would take about ten months before it would kick in.

they do this in a few countries in Europe i think i heard on the radio before, sweden was one i think i remember

EDIT;

starting to feel a little old now, 4 years, 9 months and about 3 weeks since i passed my test. Valentines Day i think it was

Edited by StevO

Don't know how/why 17/18 year olds bother with driving to be honest. My eighteen year-old is taking lessons...looked at cars (very good second hand market at the mo...really good deals to be had), but the insurance companies want thousands (for very little car)! Don't know how anyone, apart from those with very rich parents, afford it.

Try what I did..fail the test at seventeen, buy a motor bike, and wait 'til you're thirty-four to take the test again :lol: !

Edited by mikeo

Don't know how/why 17/18 year olds bother with driving to be honest. My eighteen year-old is taking lessons...looked at cars (very good second hand market at the mo...really good deals to be had), but the insurance companies want thousands (for very little car)! Don't know how anyone, apart from those with very rich parents, afford it.

Try what I did..fail the test at seventeen, buy a motor bike, and wait 'til you're thirty-four to take the test again :lol: !

same happened with my brother. we were using my mums new car for him to drive in. the insurance company had a really good learners policy which we all thought was great. as soon as he passed (1st time as well) the insurance said it was not possible to insure him as he was too young.