IGNORED

Ex Blue Ferrari Shuns Chelsea

The Italian international has been in impressive form for the Roman club this term and with Chelsea looking for defensive cover - Jose Mourinho reportedly looked into landing the 27-year-old former Everton man.

Ferrari's agent Gianni Corci confirmed Mourinho was a fan of his charge, but he insists a new deal at The Stadio Olimpico is his priority.

"Jose Mourinho knows Ferrari well and this is why, when Matteo played against Chelsea for Everton, he spoke very highly of him," Corci told Teleradiostereo Sport.

"Ferrari suits the English game, both for his technical and physical attributes, but it's clear he wants to continue with Roma.

"We have a strong rapport with the Giallorossi directors and plan to carry on this relationship.

"We want to extend our contract, although it has to be said matters haven't improved by much.

"Even if in Italy too there are prestigious sides interested in Matteo, who have made some interesting approaches, we are perfectly relaxed. Roma are in our minds."

Meanwhile, Francesco Tavano has completed his loan move to the club from Valencia.

Roma agreed the deal last month and have now finalised the deal with a view to a permanent deal in the summer.

I'd love to see him back this month if he's going anywhere.

I know I am sidetracking again, however, I had to laugh when Rhino turned up as a spectator in the Gwladys Street End shortly after leaving us, I think for Portsmouth. The crowd were fantastic, chanting Rhino over and over and wanting autographs and to shake his hand. Didn't he have to be moved by the stewards? lol

:)

I know I am sidetracking again, however, I had to laugh when Rhino turned up as a spectator in the Gwladys Street End shortly after leaving us, I think for Portsmouth. The crowd were fantastic, chanting Rhino over and over and wanting autographs and to shake his hand. Didn't he have to be moved by the stewards? lol

:)

They had to shift him at half time, I'v got alot of time for Unsworth he was a solid part of our defence during the dark days and watching his pie arse on the overlap past Limpar made me laugh every time :D

An evertonian for life methinks!