IGNORED

Van Nguyen Hanged

Guest Reg Reagan

sometime last nite... van nguyen of australia has been hanged in the singapore's jail chami for smuggling nearly £450,000 worth of heroin into singapore in 2002...

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13473155,00.html

How many scousers would get strung up each week if our laws were that tough?

Most of Kirkdale, Walton, Kensington, Noris green,.................. the list goes on. Capital of culture! Fucking ghost town one thinks!

Guest Reg Reagan

Kensington?

Kirkdale and Walton i truley understand though...

but look... do you believe in these capital punishments to foreigners?

well i dont...

Kensington?

Kirkdale and Walton i truley understand though...

but look... do you believe in these capital punishments to foreigners?

well i dont...

You obey the laws of the land my friend...

If you dont then you must suffer the consequences - this guy obviously knew the risks of smuggling heroin...

Not that I condone that taking of anybody's life - Its a shame that people have to die prematurely. Its horrific to even attempt to imagine what that poor guy was thinking when they put the loose round his neck. Captial punishment should only exist in extreme cases - such as mass murder or serial murder - and even then, the outcome of a death sentence should be decided between a panel of judges - not just one judge.

Its a shame, a dam shame - but think about it differently - his 400g of heroin might well have killed people back in australia.

(I know that smack heads are smack heads - but some of them are hooked and are wanting to get off it - but cant due to the addiction - its not anywhere near as easy as trainspotting would have us believe.)

Sad story this.>woulndt condone..but have some understanding..The Hung fella wasnt a smackie..His Bro was & this ald did the mule run to pay of his bro's henhcman..tuff break..but the consequnces of trafficking in S/E/Asia are very well known.

The ugly part of this for me was they way this kid's Mother was treated...nothing short of disgraceful....

Whatever crime committed...a Mother should be able to touch her sons face, hands & the right to a final hug before he was led out to the gallows.

11th hour change of heart ensured this wasnt the case. Bit cruel, his mum was well uno...just a mum.

Guest fozzie22
How many scousers would get strung up each week if our laws were that tough?

Most of Kirkdale, Walton, Kensington, Noris green,.................. the list goes on. Capital of culture! Fucking ghost town one thinks!

I LOL'd reading this i really did :P

But im afraid you take the risk with drugs simple as..

I understand your point Pat,but while he might not have been a smackhead,all he was doing was feeding it to other people..

Guest fozzie22
And with a sudden after thought realised the  Tragic state of his Mother & her appalling treatment is another STARK warning to potential young drug trafficers in it self.

Couldnt agree more mate,

Any criminal is selfish they think only of themselves and not of the loved ones they leave behind.