IGNORED

Say It Quietly, In Case Otb Is Listening...

MikeO

...but enough is enough I think. Just heard on telly that George Bests funeral is going to be live on BBC 1 in the morning! In the footsteps of Princess Di, Churchill and the Queen Mother. Don't think Bobby Moore had anything approaching this if I remember rightly and I don't want to reopen the argument but it seems way over the top to me.

Guest fozzie22
...but enough is enough I think. Just heard on telly that George Bests funeral is going to be live on BBC 1 in the morning! In the footsteps of Princess Di, Churchill and the Queen Mother. Don't think Bobby Moore had anything approaching this if I remember rightly and I don't want to reopen the argument but it seems way over the top to me.

If this is true,then yes its completly over the top..what we going to have elton john singing as well???

He was a great footballer but for frigs sake lets not elevate him to sainthood he had major flaws that ended in jail time.

When all is said and done i feel for his family and my heart goes out to them,but this is frankly sickning to waste licence fees cash on this,i perhaps could understand it in NI but nowhere else.

Its yet another indication of society worshipping at the alter of celebrity,and i'm sorry with so much wrong in the world today this is wrong,very wrong.

If this is true,then yes its completly over the top..what we going to have elton john singing as well???

He was a great footballer but for frigs sake lets not elevate him to sainthood he had major flaws that ended in jail time.

When all is said and done i feel for his family and my heart goes out to them,but this is frankly sickning to waste licence fees cash on this,i perhaps could understand it in NI but nowhere else.

Its yet another indication of society worshipping at the alter of celebrity,and i'm sorry with so much wrong in the world today this is wrong,very wrong.

My sentiments exactly

TRUE STORY

I was in bed this morning watching the BBC news at about 8:30. my 7 year old daughter came in and jumped on the bed (as they do), on the telly it was showing all the funeral stuff, showing the route, stormont, the cars (cant spell herse), and she said "who's funeral is that", I said "george best", she replied " WAs he a prince or a king",

" No, he was a footballer"

"Oh"

Edited by Zed

have to agree its well over the top in my opinion funerals should b a private time for familys to mourn their lost ones they shouldnt be on tv or splashed all over the papers if it was a loved one of mine i know i wouldnt want a camara in my face 24/7 thats for sure