IGNORED

Everton Fans

Rafa-Dodd

Everton are currently sitting pretty in the Premiership in 7th place. How do you see the rest of your season going?

Unless we manage to bring some players in right at the death of the window then can see us falling away into midtable mediocrity, hope that I am proven wrong and the players that come in do a good job for us, without AJ gonna be very tough if we try and play 4-5-1 as Biffa's heart seems to have left the club already, as i hope he does in the summer. Hope that they bring in Fernandes and havent shown the hand too early not sure why we do that surely best to wait till everything is wrapped up before annoouncing it?! enough ranting in answer to the question 10th.

Who been your most important player(s) this season? Why the sudden turn around from last season - when you were struggling?

Being from the Midlands and with lots of Wolves mates I went to the odd game of theirs last season and when i heard we had signed lescott in the summer i was over the moon and was sure he could make the step up and fortunately he has not disappointed, IMO he is unfortunate there are so many good English CB's at the moment but he must be banging on the door with Ledley and JT struggling with fitness and Rio IMO not the player he was

Liverpool are currently moving ahead with their stadium plans as are Everton. What are your views on the proposed move to Kirkby?

Do it Goodison is iconic but she needs replacing now.b]

Another season gone and no sign of silverwear for the Goodison faithful? Why do Everton seem to struggle in the cups and how important would it be to the fans to have a good cup run?

Not really sure we are geared for the one off occasions more of a side geared to grind out results and i think that is more suited to league football than in the cup

The 3 - 0 loss at Goodison was a bitter pill for many Liverpool fans to swallow. What are your memories of that day?

Unbelievable the great thing was we were outplayed for large periods and still beat the shite 3-0!

Liverpool are on the verge on £450m takeover with the DIC Investment Group? What are your views on the take over? Will it make Liverpool stronger? Would you like Everton to be subject of a takeover?

Good news for u lot but Rafa has up down record in the market money doesnt guarantee success straight away took chelsea a few seasons under Roman. We aint got a chance in hell while BK is there.

Your view on the Liverpool squad this year?

On paper seem to have a good strength in depth but still a long way from being able to mount a title challenge..

Do you think the rivalry between Liverpool and Everton is too fierce now? Matchdays are quite dangerous now in the city centre.

No

Your best and worse derby memory?

Got to be the Carsley derby for me capped a great season. 3-1 last season with Pips OG

And finally how do you see this derby going? Will Liverpool be out for revenge? Will Everton shock Anfield?

Might seem insane but i have a feeling we will roll you 2-0 will score early through Arteta and then Lescott will get his goal, ill just register myself for the asylum but thats my feeling!!

Thanks RD a good post and hope my feelings come tru!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everton are currently sitting pretty in the Premiership in 7th place. How do you see the rest of your season going?

I think we'll finish in the top 10, we have seemingly been plagued by injuries this season and there is no sign of them coming to an end. There have been very few games where we have been able to select our best eleven. I can't see us finishing any higher than we are now.

Who been your most important player(s) this season? Why the sudden turn around from last season - when you were struggling?

It's down to luck, some decisions go against us, some go for us. We are playing worse football than last year but more results seem to go our way.

Liverpool are currently moving ahead with their stadium plans as are Everton. What are your views on the proposed move to Kirkby?

It's a shame that the club are considering Kirkby. The only reason they are considering it is because they have been offered £50,000,000 worth of land from Kirkby Council to help finance the project.

Another season gone and no sign of silverwear for the Goodison faithful? Why do Everton seem to struggle in the cups and how important would it be to the fans to have a good cup run?

There's no reason for it, we are simply not a cup team anymore. However.. saying that we are the last team to win it outside of the 'big four'.

The 3 - 0 loss at Goodison was a bitter pill for many Liverpool fans to swallow. What are your memories of that day?

It was alright, I guess. ;)

Liverpool are on the verge on £450m takeover with the DIC Investment Group? What are your views on the take over? Will it make Liverpool stronger? Would you like Everton to be subject of a takeover?

I'm not too impressed with the development. I can't see it making Liverpool any stronger but it will enhance your brand reputation. The reason I say it won't make the club any stronger is because you have had a lot of transfer funds in the past and just because the money is now coming from a different source it doesn't guarantee success.

Too Spanish! I'm envious over the Sissoko debacle, he looks very good. Hopefully it's just a flash in the pan though.

Do you think the rivalry between Liverpool and Everton is too fierce now? Matchdays are quite dangerous now in the city centre.

The friendly derby days are gone. There is an element of thugs and sheep who follow them from both clubs.

Best.. Johnson scoring his second in such bizarre fashion.

Worst.. Don Hutchinson's goal in the last minute being disallowed because the referee didn't want Everton to win.

And finally how do you see this derby going? Will Liverpool be out for revenge? Will Everton shock Anfield?

I think Liverpool will win easily.

which is the one with the four-sided TV screen in the middle of the pitch? i quite like that one.

Frankfurt, 48,000 capacity, nice ground

2325144257.jpg

598449560.jpg

EDIT: sort of like a mini Emirates, like the way all the seats are angled to the centre of the pitch

EDIT2: Gelsenkirken has the screens in the middle too

Edited by StevO

I don't like the scoreboard being there, looks too American.

Louis, what incident concerning the last minute goal not given? Only one I can remember was when Westerveld hit a freekick, and it hit Hutchison's (think it was him) back and went in but the ref said he blew the whistle before it went in and wasn't looking so didn't know it was going in. Although on replays it quite clearly shown the ref to be lookin at the incident and blow the moment before it went in.

Anyway, I'm not bitter (bloody cheating refs) :P

i've liked the look of that since i saw it in the world cup, nice size, nice shape and because of the tv in the middle you can see everything no matter where you are, the only thing is it looks as though it does'nt have a roof, which most of them do now.

it does have a roof, its all part of the support for the screens.

im not bothered if it looks american, they have some of the most innovative stadiums in the world over there

SOLD! thats the one for me.I wonder how much it cost to build?

LINK

126 million euros on the stadium, then 45 million spent on roads and rail

64 million from the city of frankfurt

20.5 million from the state of hessen

41.5 million loan

1800 car park spaces under the stadium!

imagine that sort of leg room at Goodison!

2901476615.jpg

it seems we've gone a little off topic, but who cares, we need these dreams :huh:

Edited by StevO

Prisoner, you may have missed the talk of the AOL, so before you commit just take a look at this.

its not got the screens over the pitch (something i think would really give us that bit extra as no one else over here has it, this is a cracker) and missing the ring of corporate seats round the middle too

aolarena_3.jpg

Bild_3.jpg

db_GM_2003_551.jpg

aolarena_2.jpg

Edited by StevO

AOL ArenA

started work in March 1998, the old ground was knocked down stand by stand and the pitch roated 90*

finished in time for the first game on 2nd September 2000

for league games it had a capacity of 56,114 but was down to 50,000 for the world cup.

i guess that was for extra space?? dont know

has a lot of restaurants and corporate facilities apparently, but i couldnt see them (hence my previous posts)

cost 97 million euro

11 million from the city of hamburg

70 million from outside financing

16 million from the stadium proprietor company

WORLD CUP SITE LINK

STADIUM GUIDE

Edited by StevO

ill have to dig out some shots of my local - Suncorp Stadium - formerly lang park - ( Home ground of the Brisbane Bronco's RLFC & QLD Roar FC) a decade a go they say it was a 30,000 + all terraced no sitting delapatated 80 yr old ground ( except the grassy hill area :0 ) .

Now it is a stunning 65,000 all seater fuking Showpiece as good as any in the world.

It also is smack bang inner city & only cost 60 million Oz to refurbish.

Not only that they stayed true to the football codes ( was orig a RL ground) & kept the stadium totally square & it is a fantastic place to watch football. ( well it would be in the local team didnt suck)

I hate these giant cricle domes that leave many fans in another postcode @ the stands back trying to view the ants in front of them.

U should be right on top or beside of the game IMHO.

get the photos pat

were in dream land here, keep feeding the animals

prisoner - i like the underground parking and the "video cube"

but instead of under ground carpark, id like over the carpark stadium.

imagine you have a flat carpark with the stadium over it. if they can support the pitch underground they can support the pitch overground. you could stand outside the ground and look right under it, add to that the video cube and then throw in the glowing blue roof at night time with like with the AOL (only saying everton instead of AOL ArenA)

im going to get a pen and a pad :lol:

(maybe some new boxers, im getting to carried away)

i dont really think it would, surely the same way the under ground car park is done (i guess by a load of pillars and girders and strong shit like that) but instead of building down just build up.

i would imagine they would build the car park first (ie starting from the bottom and working up) so just keep it level

forget this, im off to do an engineering course, start building myself some stadiums lol

Ill find some pics steve.

Also another theme ive notcied with big OZ satdiums ( the new 1's) is that you can usually walk out of the gate's & you are smack bang in the middle of a railway platform with trains goin in every which direction.

It is impressive the numbers that get moved on very quickly.

Suncorp also has a built in giant bus terminal & you dont even pay, jump on any bus they all shoot str8 in to the city & you make your way home from there etc.

Very much depends on the next 2 days in the transfer window. A couple of people in & we could push for europe

Lescott. He's just so good.

I think we should get it done with, our ground is becoming an embarrassment.

A cup run would be great, but i never see any passion from the lads in cup games.

Watching the match with my 11yo brother who had just got his first liverpool kit, & laughing at him so much he cried......i almost felt guilty.

It will make liverpool stronger in the same way it has made Man Utd stronger. 450mil bank debt. genius.

Great individuals. No team ethic. Gerrard provides all the drive & passion & is forced to make up for everyone else. Apart from Kuyt, he looks like a quality player.

No comment on this, i avoid the centre on match days.

Best....On February 21, 1991, 4-4.

Worst..November 6, 1982, 5-0

1-1