IGNORED

Mark Hughes

Thought I would add this since no one seems to have posted it yet: http://www.football.co.uk/northampton_town...rs_240991.shtml

Northampton Town have snapped up Everton youngster Mark Hughes for an undisclosed fee.

The Cobblers moved for the centre-half after seeing Luke Chambers leave the club to join Nottingham Forest, with Hughes penning a two-and-a-half year contract at Sixfields.

Town boss Stuart Gray told the club's official website: "Mark is a player I have known for a while and he is highly-rated.

"That is confirmed by the number of clubs who have been chasing him in this transfer window.

"We are very fortunate to have got him and I am sure he will be an asset for us.

"Everton were keen to offer him a new contract, but he is at the age where he needs to be playing first-team football."

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think he was good enough to make it into the first team, ive watched this lad since he was 8 years old, when he played for Ormskirk west end, ive watched his progress closely, the last time i saw him play was against Burscough pre season, and i thought his heading ability was good but his distribution was awful, i just dont think he had the ability to make that next step into the first team.