IGNORED

Richard Prior

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad that wonderfull comedian graced us with his presence. Too bad I wasnt that clever or funny..................... :lol:

OK, sorry if anyone took offense to my so-called "blatant racism" that was edited by a mod, I was just following in Pryors own footsteps. Racism was part of his routine, and to quote him

"I decided to make it my own, Nigger. I decided to take the sting out of it. Nigger. As if saying it over and over again would numb me and everybody else to its wretchedness."

I'm a huge fan of him and his comedy style. He was brutal, and my post was a tribute to that. Sorry if anyone took it the wrong way. Maybe I expected too much.

"People can't always handle it, but I knew that if you tell the truth it's going to be funny,"

Edited by stegasaurus

Fair play 2 ya mate just have to consider all & sundrie.

Whilst yes Prior was a pioneer in regards to Afro American's being able to laff @ them selves & did refer to himself & his own as N's & all sorts.

Can see where you were coming from...However, Cultural literacy & not on the ball types (yes inc Pat) could easily have read negatively & missed the boat regarding your tribute.

However, we Have to consider all & remember is a public forum & web space.

no offence taken my end..fair play 2 ya..