IGNORED

England Squad

I'd defo say Lescott is better than Carra.

But, there are some good defenders who are there, Woodgate has been playing pretty well at the moment and as well is Dawson so its a difficult decision by McLaren (don't like him tho). But saying that it is a friendly so its an ideal time to experiment. Maybe in the next friendly he'll be callled up. He better be.

Apparently some of the senior squad told McClaren not to pick him. What a joke that is, they were just scared they'd lose their places that they've held with almost no risk of losing it. I'd rather have Barton in the centre for England than Lampard, not that the manager will be brave enough for that.

Barton had every right to criticise some players for bringing out autobiographies about their meaningless lives to make a quick buck from fans when they already have enough money.

id agree, i think lescott will be better than carra but at the moment carra has got experience.

the fact that dawson is picked though is a joke. Him and Jenas should not be anywhere near the england team.

Dawson is good though, he's one of Spurs few consistent performers. Jenas I agree with, he's shite.

^^

I just don't rate him that highly. Don't think hes england quality yet. He's still young though and no doubt will improve, especially along side King, who has been unfortunate with injuries bith i think when fit should be on the negland bench as our sub CB or holding midfield above someone like carrick. an 18m waste of space.

remeber how class King played against France, didnt let zidane have a touch

Edited by jamiemaher85

id agree, i think lescott will be better than carra but at the moment carra has got experience.

the fact that dawson is picked though is a joke. Him and Jenas should not be anywhere near the england team.

Isn't that the whole point of friendlies? Give players some experience of what its like.

But, I agree with Mark. I rate Dawson as well and no doubt Spurs fans will be saying he deserves it more that Lescott.

this is the starting line up

---------------Foster-----------------

G Neville Ferdinand Woodgate Pip

SWP Carrick Lampard Gerrard

-----------Dyer------------------

------------Crouch-------------

what are peoples thoughts, will be ionteresting to see how foster plays, i dont like robinson so will be good to see him in action for england

I'm seriously starting to lose interest in England (been slowly not caring for ages now since we sold Rooney). But now I'm at my lowest. We get rid of one FA boy (sven) to replace him with another. I want some one will balls as an England coach.

I mean, why is Lampard still in the England squad, how many bad performances in an England shirt is it going to take?

I know a lot of people rate Carrick but I don't see why barton hasn't been given the nod ahead of him. And Gerrerd on the wing again its obvious it doesn't work...wish the England managers would stop picking some favourite players grow some bollocks and choice people who deserve to be playing because of their performance and not because of who they are and who they play for. And not sure about Dyer, don't think hes done enough to get a call up.

I'm sure a lot will disagree but I honeslty think England a shite, and if we don't get someone in to play who wants to play then we are screwed. Its not like we don't have world class players but just a shit system. As Sir Alf Ramsey said (I think it was him) "Its better to have an individual team rather than a team full of individuals" Well something liek that...

I'm seriously starting to lose interest in England (been slowly not caring for ages now since we sold Rooney). But now I'm at my lowest. We get rid of one FA boy (sven) to replace him with another. I want some one will balls as an England coach.

I mean, why is Lampard still in the England squad, how many bad performances in an England shirt is it going to take?

I know a lot of people rate Carrick but I don't see why barton hasn't been given the nod ahead of him. And Gerrerd on the wing again its obvious it doesn't work...wish the England managers would stop picking some favourite players grow some bollocks and choice people who deserve to be playing because of their performance and not because of who they are and who they play for. And not sure about Dyer, don't think hes done enough to get a call up.

I'm sure a lot will disagree but I honeslty think England a shite, and if we don't get someone in to play who wants to play then we are screwed. Its not like we don't have world class players but just a shit system. As Sir Alf Ramsey said (I think it was him) "Its better to have an individual team rather than a team full of individuals" Well something liek that...

surprised you dont really care about the national team anymore, i agree that we dont play to our strenghts and we pick the big name players over possibly the better positional players. but i think you should stick with your national team thick and thin, otherwise you become a glory hunter.

i think with lampards play in the prem at the moment he deserves a place in the squad, however his displays for the national team do not deserve him a place in the starting line up. wouldn't you love to see him on the bench? he could be a substitue that could make a difference! which is the main thing that is the problem with england managemtn, they are affraid to have "big" players on the bench, when in fact that could really improve the team as we don't ever really have anyone who can come on and change a game. what did someone like downing do when he came on the in the world cup? Nothing!

anyway im rambelling now.

but you should always fully support the national team. You choose your club not your country