Rafa Calls Everton A Small Club

Robo

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be honest, I didnt mind Benitez before this season but he's really changed this year to a manger full of excuses and sulks. His attitide towards other teams this year in my opinion has shown nothing but a lack of respect.

This is what he said.

When you play against the smaller teams at Anfield you know the game will be narrow and compact and at times we were a little bit nervous."
And Keith Wyness has replied with,

It is disappointing to hear such an unnecessary comment at the conclusion of what was such a splendid local derby.

"Of course, Mr Benitez is entitled to his opinion but I suspect he is in a minority of one in believing Everton is, in any respect, a small football club

"Somehow we just expect more of a Liverpool manager."

Exactly. Comments like that can kick start whats happened in Italy this weekend. He want s to start thinking before he opens his mouth.

"There was only one team that wanted to win and one team that didn't want to lose...they had nine men all the time behind the ball.

"When you play against the smaller teams at Anfield you know the game will be narrow and compact and at times we were a little bit nervous."

im sorry but im sure i recall a season or 2 ago that mr benitez used to use that tactic himself,a tactic that also was popular when his predessesor,gerard houllier, was around, filthy hypocrite.he'd go ape if someone said that about his team,either that or "so what, ner ner ner ner ner"

at the end of the day,you can look at it one way or the other,and i think im being realistic in saying that yes, hes right,one team wanted to win,and one didnt want to lose but thats beside the point,we knew we had to be sound in defence today and sometimes to put greater emphasis in defence than attack is the right option otherwise we'd have been bummed today,johnson was nowhere near as effective given him being injured recently and,should we have wanted goals today,we should ahve started with 2 up front and a 4 man midfield,but at the end of the day,he was just frustrated that he had pretty much his most effective forward line out and couldnt get a goal sue to a superb defensive performance, a good manager today would have praised us for that

football = tactics, and thats just how we played it today

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=163440.0

theres what our red tinted friends think of the matter

the fuckin cunts! i see they have all spat the dummy then. lets put it one way lads i think we would rather have a small team than a one man team. how pethetic is it off a maneger to try and attempt to put us down when realy its just made him look silly and proves he has no decency. A manger of moyes class would never come out and say shit like that out of spite. fuck the blady twit he's full of shite

Edited by Jackelz

PS. he said this as well:

"We tried to keep going, keep going forward, but it was really difficult because they were defending and playing counter attack.

"When you play against eight players behind the ball, narrow and deep, you cannot create many clear chances. You just keep trying.

"It is how they want to win points, you cannot say anything about this.

"We were trying. When you play with the small clubs it is difficult, they play deep."

:blink:

Is Benitez going to say Barcelona are a small team if they go to Anfield for a draw, or if the shite go to the Nou Camp and play for a draw? Stupid twat.

And those Liverpool fans can go fuck themselves aswell.

Exactly.

Haven't seen the interview but I understand he referred to themselves as a 'top' team?? Tried 3-4th rate you fat deluded prick.

Fat Gobshite.

What was he expecting us to do, let them run through us. If he was such a goo manager he would have told his fucking team to stop hittting long balls into our penalty area! as Stubbies and yobo had everything!.

Kopites Are Gobshites! :):P:)

Edited by Cloud

Rafa was correct in what he said - you are a smaller team than us. Your actually quite a small club.

It was down to us to break you down today but we couldn't manage it and you lot played and defended very well for your draw. Well done today

Rafa was correct in what he said - you are a smaller team than us. Your actually quite a small club.

:o

It was down to us to break you down today but we couldn't manage it and you lot played and defended very well for your draw. Well done today

He's just pissed off that he couldn't break us down, but thats his fault he should have changed his tactics around then the dumbass. He's disrespectful

ok i could just about live with small team but sayin were a small club your just as full of shit as nobed rafa. Get ya facts straight before you open you mouth. were anything but a small club

LOL, I actually take it as a 'weird' compliment. To be that frustrated at another teams tactics, it was a bit like there own medicine, and then to try 'put' down the other team with an insult is very unprofessional.

As a result, I don't mind him saying that as if thats the only way they can get back at us for not being able to score against us is very childish.

The response on the forum is even funnier, they talk about Everton getting bitter every year but its obvious that they're the ones that are bitter.

A good day, I'm not going to get all worked up about it :D

LOL, I actually take it as a 'weird' compliment. To be that frustrated at another teams tactics, it was a bit like there own medicine, and then to try 'put' down the other team with an insult is very unprofessional.

As a result, I don't mind him saying that as if thats the only way they can get back at us for not being able to score against us is very childish.

The response on the forum is even funnier, they talk about Everton getting bitter every year but its obvious that they're the ones that are bitter.

A good day, I'm not going to get all worked up about it :D

B) safe haha

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=163440.0

theres what our red tinted friends think of the matter

biggest bunch of norweign bastards ive ever seen, and they call us bitter :P

Peter Crouch’s diving….pitiful,

Bellamy’s disallowed goal…hilarious,

Getting a point off a team with 72% posession...

……Priceless

lovely mark :P top class mate

You came for a draw and got a draw. You probably had the best chance of the match, Riise Gerrard and Alonso were awful for us, and we couldnt break you down.

On the "small" club issue. I don't see a problem. We are a top 4 team, your a smaller club than us. You have got history, but you are to us what Espanyol are to Barca, a annoying local team. Real Madrid are Barca's main rivals, like Man Utd are ours.