IGNORED

Arteta Taunt

Louis

0,,2007051418,00.jpg

Mikel Arteta fired today’s Merseyside derby by claiming he has not met a Liverpool fan in the city.

Everton’s Spanish midfielder reckons David Moyes’ Blues rule among Scousers.

He said: “I see a lot of Evertonians in the city but don’t know if there are any Liverpool fans here.

“People say in Liverpool there are more Everton supporters.

“Liverpool seem to have more outside the city and in Europe.”

The Toffees currently boast bragging rights on Merseyside after a 3-0 win in September.

It was their biggest margin of victory in the derby for 42 years.

Arteta and Co travel to Anfield today looking for their first win there since September 1999.

He added: “This match is one of the games you wait for all year. It’s the kind of classic every footballer dreams about.

“They can’t wait to play us after the 3-0 triumph. But we want more. We’re looking for two successes in one year.

“We’re going into this with a positive attitude believing we can do it again.”

Arteta insisted: “I feel on top form.

“I’m playing well and scoring always helps. David Moyes has a lot of faith in me. He knows how to get the the best out of me.

“I have more freedom to go forward and feel much more comfortable.”

Arteta will come up against his Spanish pal Xabi Alonso.

And midfielder Alonso admits he has avoided talking about the Merseyside derby with Arteta since September.

Alonso revealed: “I’ve not spoken to Mikel much this week as we’ve been preparing for the game.

“I remember he was really happy after the last match — and I wasn’t. I haven’t talked to him about it since.

“But there’s no doubt we’d like to turn that result around.

“With the game being at Anfield, we’re hoping it will be different. We’re also a different side now.

“We’re used to the kind of game it will be. There’s going to be a lot of tackles, long balls and physical contact.”

Before the game a fella from Sky spoke to a group of four Norwegians outside the ground who had come to the game, the rest of them must have laready been in the ground or still on the plane.

Edit: I saw that too. Just what Every blue Fan wanted to hear!

Edited by Randomness

We were on our way back through stanley park after the game and some cheeky kid walked up to a 6ft5 monster of a liverpool fan wearing a scarf and hat and said very slowly,

"can you speak english"?

The kopite said "of course I can" an the kid replyed "well done" shook his hand and then ran off shouting,

"Dad, dad I found an english one"!!

It cracked me right up :lol:

Edited by GoldfishMemory

We were on our way back through stanley park after the game and some cheeky kid walked up to a 6ft5 monster of a liverpool fan wearing a scarf and hat and said very slowly,

"can you speak english"?

The kopite said "of course I can" an the kid replyed "well done" shook his hand and then ran off shouting,

"Dad, dad I found an english one"!!

It cracked me right up :lol:

i fuckin love that!

nearly pissed my pants