IGNORED

Scott Spencer

I'v heard he's not been playing too well and all the kids at the academy are taking the piss quite alot cos of his "look at me" attitude, dress sense, hair cut & price tag with very little return!

Yer i heard all about that and i dont think he has been that good. i never really got excited when we got him bcos we would have been beat to him by another rival club if he was any good imo.

Where do you lot hear these wierd and wonderful rumours?

One of the young lads I go the match with his mum works at Everton (I know everyone says that but hear me out) and he did his work experience at the academy because he's interested in sports coaching / science as a career (or just fuckin around within Everton at any level ;) ) and he filled me in.

I'v seen photos of him with most of the youth players & coaches and he even spent a day at bellfield and met the senior squad so its pretty reliable.

He also tells me Turner is never gona make the first team as long as we have Ruddy on our books he's ment to be excellent consistantly and has alot of respect from all at Everton!

One of the young lads I go the match with his mum works at Everton (I know everyone says that but hear me out) and he did his work experience at the academy because he's interested in sports coaching / science as a career (or just fuckin around within Everton at any level ;) ) and he filled me in.

I'v seen photos of him with most of the youth players & coaches and he even spent a day at bellfield and met the senior squad so its pretty reliable.

He also tells me Turner is never gona make the first team as long as we have Ruddy on our books he's ment to be excellent consistantly and has alot of respect from all at Everton!

i saw ruddy play for walsall quite a few times last season when he was on loan and he didn;t look very good, consistant is not the word i would use!

Jesus Jamie he's young, don't judge him so quickly. I've heard that he's better than Turner aswell and will eventually be our number one. He was fantastic with Cambridge even though they got relegated, which is the reason we brought him in. Manure were looking at him aswell.

just saying that he was poor at walsall, made lots of very silly mistakes. and that was only in League One. Against peole like Julian Joachim.... JULIAN JOACHIM.

I think he'll be good but nothing more than a substitue

Don't forgot, not many young goalkeepers are that good. They peak much much older than outfield players so its still all about Potential at the moment so who knows what the furture has in store for him and Everton :)

im not trying to write him off, its just that alot of people have been building him up quite a bit.

as you say who knows what the future has in store for him at everton.

he could be the next southall or he could be the next simonsen!

i've saw both play a couple of times, and ive got to be honest they both look to have a lot of potential.

but as ive told people before, and everyone knows anyway, keepers dont often come into their own until at the earliest 25. the most important thing is positioning, and that can only come with experience. but dont forget turner has been the scotland under 21s keeper for about two years now (ok on and off with some other chap) but he is showing signs of being a good keeper. but ruddy also shows signs, but the oldest will get his chance first, at least due to having more experience.

if for some strange reason we dont sign howard id have no problem throwing turner straight in at #1

if for some strange reason we dont sign howard id have no problem throwing turner straight in at #1

Come on you cant seriously believe that Turner deserves to start a game ahead of that dippy injury prone tosspot Wright do you?? Well i just cant figure that one out how can you overlook a goalie that can't even hold onto his step ladder while climbing out the loft??? Im gobsmacked :lol:

Think that Howard will be our No 1 next season if Ferguson has said Foster is goin back to the Manure then i think they have a deal in place already!!

hold on ruddy is a great keeper for his age. he has kept a premiership clean sheet (albeit for 89 mins) and has done well for stockport this season.

hel be a good keeper if he progresses.

im not writing Ruddy off, just think Turner deserves to get his chance first

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I'v heard he's not been playing too well and all the kids at the academy are taking the piss quite alot cos of his "look at me" attitude, dress sense, hair cut & price tag with very little return!

There's been a video going around of him singing a backstreet boys song in the changing room