IGNORED

F1 Chat

I have a strong feeling that Red Bull will close the gap on Brawn very quickly. Vettel may even overtake Button for the championship.

The Red Bull team (formerly Jaguar by the way) has the better car now.

The Brawn is still pretty good though, so I think it could be very close by the end of the season. I expect it to get a lot more exciting from here on in.

I have a strong feeling that Red Bull will close the gap on Brawn very quickly. Vettel may even overtake Button for the championship.

The Red Bull team (formerly Jaguar by the way) has the better car now.

The Brawn is still pretty good though, so I think it could be very close by the end of the season. I expect it to get a lot more exciting from here on in.

I hope so!

I hope so!

I hope not :P .

Brawn were a victim of the quality of their car at Silverstone.....it's so easy on tyres that there wasn't enough stress put on them to heat them up given the cold weather......and given the need for grip in flat out cornering there they were stuffed. And Jenson was still the fastest man on the track at the end of the race.

• 4 weeks later...

Things are looking a lot better for Massa now by the looks of it.

Good news.

One in a million freak accident....following the one that killed Henry Surtees the previous week....what are the chances?

Surtees was killed instantly they think, so don't look if you don't want to (though it's not in any way graphic)...very sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBwuCFBDHYo

Holy shit, Michael Schumacher has come out of retirement to race for Ferrari again!

That'll be interesting!

At the moment it looks like Ferrari and McLaren might just win the championship for Jenson by stuffing Red Bull so anything that helps that is fine with me :) .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Renault say they are launching legal action against Nelson Piquet Jr and his father Nelson Piquet over race-fixing allegations made against the team.

Renault are accused of plotting with Piquet Jr to crash during last year's Singapore Grand Prix to aid team-mate Fernando's Alonso's path to victory."

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/9/9903.html

Lotus back next year which is (on the face of it) brilliant.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8256295.stm

Shame it looks like a predominantly Malaysian team though...bit like Ferrari relocating to Vietnam :( .

At least, as long as the cars are racing green (or even black and gold at a stretch), I can pretend :) .

Some of the most beautiful cars ever imo...this in particular..

So, is Buttons title challenge back on track now or will things slip again?

I think he should be OK. Barrichello has to outscore him by more than three and a half points a race for the last four....that means not just beating him but having drivers between them....and if Jenson beats him in any it's just about game over (barring breakdowns).

Holding off Hamilton on Sunday was a pivotal moment I think, he was under huge pressure but held it together.

Think probably the whole of the world outside Britain would want Rubens to win it, nice guy....been around for ever...perennial runner-up. But Jenson will take it for me.

• 2 weeks later...

...when Raikkonen left it was rather less than amicable.

Don't think Raikkonen does amicable does he....for anyone :mellow: ?

Great driver no doubt but has had a character bypass I think. If he goes to McLaren he'll achieve the seemingly impossible by making Hamilton appear charismatic....maybe that's the plan :) .

Kovalainen's a waste of space 75% of the time.

• 3 weeks later...