IGNORED

F1 Chat

Unfortunately I doubt he'll even get close to retaining it.

Assuming he re-signs for Brawn I don't think he'll be too far away....looking like Mercedes will invest big time and Ross Brawn's not known for pissing about in the middle of the pack.

Think you're probably right that he won't win it again but he'll stay at the sharp end. Time will tell :) .

Assuming he re-signs for Brawn I don't think he'll be too far away....looking like Mercedes will invest big time and Ross Brawn's not known for pissing about in the middle of the pack.

Think you're probably right that he won't win it again but he'll stay at the sharp end. Time will tell :) .

Im not so sure. I reckon the constructors that had their challenge fall off early this year moved to concentrate on next years cars early, whilst Brawn and Red Bull put their efforts into this years. Back to Ferrari/Mclaren dominance I reckon.

• 4 weeks later...

Back to Ferrari/Mclaren dominance I reckon.

Which is where Jenson's going to be by the look of it....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8362295.stm

He'll struggle to keep up with Hamilton I fear, do a much better job than Kovalainen though :) . Nice to have an all British driver line-up in a team at the sharp end.

Confirmed...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8363892.stm

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking like Ferrari could be the team to beat after the first three days testing....although Red Bull didn't take part. Sauber fast surprisingly, quicker than Mercedes and McLaren. Renault, Williams and Torro Rosso struggling.

They say not to read too much into it but it was plain last year from the first test that Brawn were quick.

Scoring system changing this year...25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1.

• 1 month later...

I think it's been a bit of a borefest tbh, very disappointing.

First one was for sure but Melbourne was much better.

Lost interest in WRC because of the lack of British drivers....can't really get excited about something when I don't give a stuff who wins it. Problem with (British) touring cars is that the coverage is on ITV, and consequently shite.

I'll still watch either if they're on (and I have control of the remote....which is a pretty rare occurance :( ).

• 3 weeks later...

Credit where credit is due. The team decided to change tyres on Hamilton's car but Button refused and told them he would stick with the ones he had at the time. It was HIS tactics that won him the race. If he had followed the team's ideas I think Hamilton would have won as he had a brilliant drive.

Is it just me or does anyone else like to see Vettel lose???

• 1 month later...

That was a strange one today....notably the Red Bull crash.

Strangest thing though is that there are two schools of thought on who was to blame.

1. Red Bull think it was Webber's fault. http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2010/5/10855.html

2. The rest of the civilized world think it was down to Vettel (which it obviously was).

I'd be well pissed off if I was Webber, absolutely plain from that who the team favour.

Definitely Vettel's fault. Webber gave him a car width, which should have been enough, he wanted more and expected Webber to give it him.

Don't know if you saw the Press-Conference afterwards, whilst Button was talking Webber and Hamilton were having their own conversation which had a few obvious hand movements where Vettel is the left hand and Webber is the right.Let's just say Webber shunted his left hand hard into his right.

no question vettel went into him, but it was a bit of both i think...as was pointed out button and hamilton showed how team work should be when they came together...the team comes first and rather than risk something like vettel and webber when they touched button eased off and gave hamilton the room to pass. i dont like lewis, much more of a jenson fan, and obviously wanted a button win...but had to respect the move, it made sense...webber could have given vettel more space, vettel came across too early.

Vettel had all the space in the world, how Webber was supposed to get out of the way of Vettel all of a sudden violently veering right is beyond me. It's not like Vettel was easing right or anything.

It was just insane....all Vettel needed to do was to keep going straight and he had the inside line at the next corner and the lead. Madness....but very pleasing :D .

Two (and a quarter) Union Jacks on the flagpoles at the end....though I'd have preferred the top two the other way round.

Pleased that Button is mostly performing well so far though, not being blown away by Lewis as most experts thought he would be. Hamilton is certainly still fractionally faster when it comes down to raw speed (but then I think he's faster than anyone) but there's not much in it.

Madness....but very pleasing :D .

:lol:

Same here, I was actually laughing as I watched it happen.

I think Red Bull should take a look at Vettel's actions after the crash before blaming Webber, the cameras showed him going up to members of his team and apologising, that says it all IMO.

I saw that on the news Mike, makes me wonder if Dario will ever get an F1 ride. He is pretty good.

As for the Red Bull mess... I nearly coughed into my rompers at that one.

Button and Hamilton showed how it should be done, and they were still on friendly terms after the race. Not sure what Webber and Vettel will be saying to each other in private, but I would love to be a fly on the wall over that one. I reckon Webber would wipe the floor with Vettel if he said the wrong thing.