IGNORED

F1 Chat

My two year old granddaughter is a convert.....she sat on my lap virtually the whole race, with a brief pit-stop for Weetabix :D .

Thought the commentary was a step up, though they didn't seem to give many lap times :mellow: .

That might just have been my imagination though because I usually have the live timing on the laptop but couldn't get it to work.

Aww bless her, keeping grand-dad company during breaky time. :)

To be frank I never noticed they didn't mention the lap times as they seemed to keep showing it on the bottom of the screen. Interesting race though. Button messed up his start by moving left instead of right IMO, otherwise he may have got up to the front ahead of Massa and then he would not have messed up his entire race.

Be interested to see what difference the DRS makes on a different circuit as it had little or no effect on this race.

What does KERS/CURS/CERS stand for by the way? (I know it charges up during the lap to give extra overtaking boost but I never knew what it stood for or how it is spelled)

• 3 weeks later...

Think (after China) it's going to be interesting. If Webber can go three seconds a lap quicker than everyone at the end after screwing qualifying how long before the top teams intentionally f'ck up to give themselves more sets of new tyres for the race?

If Webber had had a half decent start he'd have won that...qualifying is losing its importance. I like it :) .

• 2 weeks later...

Going to be interesting seeing how Kobayashi goes today....starting from the back due to breaking down in qualifying but has shitloads of new tyres. Don't usually bet but I've had a little flutter on him making the podium (£5 @ 100/1) and a "cover" fiver at 7/4 for a points finish.

Cue the Japanese falling off at the first corner :lol: .

Kobayashi currently 5th. Lap 11 B) . (Not stopped yet though)

Damn :( . Down to 17th on lap 25....some problem the TV didn't pick up.

Edit: 10th and £3.75 profit....not quite £500 but I'll live :) . Reckon he lost at least thirty seconds from whatever incident happened which would have put him 5th.

• 1 month later...

Amazing drive from Jenson....seventh on the grid to twenty-first (and last) at one point to taking Vettel on the final lap for the win (not to mention knocking Hamilton off :P ).

Enjoyed that a lot :) .

Great race - did you see the man fall over twice when clearing the track when Rosenburg (sp) drove over his nose? Very funny!!!

Great race - did you see the man fall over twice when clearing the track when Rosenburg (sp) drove over his nose? Very funny!!!

Yup....that was quality. Looked like he was going to get run over for a minute :lol: .

On Button, Martin Brundle....

"At one point we were wondering if Button would catch the Hispanias before the race restarted under the safety car and now he's won the race! That is one of the races of his life and the best grand prix of a spectacular career."

Fantastic race when it finally went ahead I am glad I stayed up to watch it. Button in the pits 6 times, accidents galore (thankfully no one hurt, (apart from that marshall that couldn't keep his feet... :lol: ) and Button being in every position from nearly a lap down and dead last to taking the win. One of the best races ever. Loved it! :)

good to see Button doing well, it was a good race, but im sorry once again Hamilton was just a complete chump!!! then smiling away to the cameras in the pit after as the race is going on, really don't like the guy he is SO full of himself its not true, notice a few people today including Nikki Lauda have said he needs to get with the program abit more before he kills someone

I don't really think Hamilton did anything wrong yesterday tbf.

I agree...though I think the point's valid in general. He's his own worst enemy at times.

Good to see that he genuinely seemed to be pleased for Jenson though....people keep saying the "love in" can't last but if it can survive that then it would take a lot screw it up....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13744502.stm