IGNORED

F1 Chat

Going to Silverstone next year for the GP :). Josh's eighteenth birthday (how the f'ck did that happen?) and it's what he wants to do.

£500+ though is the cheapest​ way you can do the three days (for the two of us)....and that doesn't include a seat, just general admission and camping :unsure:.

Should be good though.

Lucky Josh. I'd like to go one day but I can't afford to. It seems ridiculously expensive. The Renault World Series is free but they cancelled the British track race.

There's a documentary on iPlayer about James Hunt/Niki Lauda if anyone's interested:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0377tb1/Hunt_vs_Lauda_F1s_Greatest_Racing_Rivals/

Lucky Josh. I'd like to go one day but I can't afford to. It seems ridiculously expensive.

I agree....it's absurd. They "only" charge you £170 each for admission but then camping is £65 per person plus £30 for the pitch (and a £7 booking fee just to rub it in). But it sells out every year.

Looked at going to a European one but with flight/hotel/car hire it would've been even more.

Oh....saw the documentary the other day. Was a great season, I remember it well :). There's a Ron Howard film about it as well which has got great reviews.

A friend of mine goes to the Belgian Grand Prix every year. He said it's cheaper for him to do that than go to the Silverstone race.

I'd love to go too! My nephew just got his first go-kart for his 8th birthday, hopefully in 10 years I can go for free! ;)

Edited by Kohen

A friend of mine goes to the Belgian Grand Prix every year. He said it's cheaper for him to do that than go to the Silverstone race.

Probably depends on how close you are to an airport with a cheap flight or a ferry crossing....love to do an overseas one but the sums aren't working out from where we are sadly. Monza would be my first choice but it's crazy money when everything's factored in.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Looking at all the pre season it looks like we could be back to days of much higher attrition in the races this year, lots of issues with the news car regs.

Red Bull struggling badly it seems....Vettel not even favourite for the title currently; Hamilton 2/1, Vettel 3/1, Rosberg/Alonso 5/1, Button 8/1, Raikkonen 12/1.

Looking at all the pre season it looks like we could be back to days of much higher attrition in the races this year, lots of issues with the news car regs.

Red Bull struggling badly it seems....Vettel not even favourite for the title currently; Hamilton 2/1, Vettel 3/1, Rosberg/Alonso 5/1, Button 8/1, Raikkonen 12/1.

This season will give Vettel the excuse he's been waiting for to leave Red Bull.

• 2 months later...

What did we make of that then? Intentional or not from Rosberg? I thought not but lots of people more qualified than me think yes.

Nice to see Vettel still being outdriven by Riciardo :).

I didn't think it was intentional myself. Nevertheless it's being investigated.

It's nice to see Vettel being out driven by anyone tbh :P.

Definitely not intentional from Rosberg IMO, I just think he was pushing his car to the limit and over did it. Isnt that where they have laid a new patch of tarmac too? Think I heard one of the commentators saying that it had caught a few people out.

Guest blueboy122

But why yellow flag?

He was off the track in an emergency slip lane. If he had broken down and was a hazard to other drivers then there would be a need for the yellow.

But why yellow flag?

He was off the track in an emergency slip lane. If he had broken down and was a hazard to other drivers then there would be a need for the yellow.

Apparently, though they didn't show it, he started reversing back towards the track.

Guest blueboy122

Apparently, though they didn't show it, he started reversing back towards the track.

I thought F1 cars didn't have a reverse gear?

Guest blueboy122

Rosberg went on to win the race today as well. Bet Hamilton's having a little cry!

Quote rightly on this occasion if reports are true that Rosberg did it on purpose.

Most other tracks Hamilton would have a chance of over taking but at Monaco poll position is basically having the race won.