IGNORED

F1 Chat

Quote rightly on this occasion if reports are true that Rosberg did it on purpose.

The steward's found him not guilty so Hamilton should suck it up. And it's not like Hamilton hasn't done anything to get the upper hand on Rosberg this season - it's come out that in one race this season he turned his engine up to a higher level that had been agreed upon in order to keep Rosberg behind him.

All is fair in love and war. If you can't take it then don't dish it out.

Guest blueboy122

The steward's found him not guilty so Hamilton should suck it up. And it's not like Hamilton hasn't done anything to get the upper hand on Rosberg this season - it's come out that in one race this season he turned his engine up to a higher level that had been agreed upon in order to keep Rosberg behind him.

All is fair in love and war. If you can't take it then don't dish it out.

Not sure about that. Why aren't both engines on full power anyway they are in a race after all.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised Rosberg managed to hold on to second.

Likewise, I'd like to have seen how Jenson got past Hulkenberg and Alonso on the last lap but can understand the cameras being elsewhere.

Shame the crash didn't take out Vettel.....nearly did.

Likewise, I'd like to have seen how Jenson got past Hulkenberg and Alonso on the last lap but can understand the cameras being elsewhere.

Shame the crash didn't take out Vettel.....nearly did.

Wow I didn't even know Jenson had done that, I switched over soon as Ricciardo and Rosberg crossed. Thought no overtaking was allowed under a safety car?

As they were sliding towards Vettel I was thinking "hit the bastard!"

Wow I didn't even know Jenson had done that, I switched over soon as Ricciardo and Rosberg crossed. Thought no overtaking was allowed under a safety car?

As they were sliding towards Vettel I was thinking "hit the bastard!"

Listening to Jenson's post race interview apparently he got the two of them on the penultimate lap :).

• 3 weeks later...

And it's like he's on the verge of bursting into tears in the interview afterwards (not for the first time). Definite bit of mental fragility there when he's under pressure.

Without a doubt. Even when he wins he seems to get far too elated as well. He could do with a sports psychologist if he hasn't already got one!

• 2 weeks later...

Jenson Button

"I think we got the strategy wrong when we made our second stop. I’m not sure why we stopped so early, but it made it extremely difficult for me to keep the set of tyres alive until the end of the race, which was the plan at that point."

Eric Boullier (McLaren team boss)

"His was a very aggressive strategy, which, as the race wore on, we began to appreciate wasn’t going to succeed. Despite some great defending, Jenson was ultimately powerless to stop other drivers from leapfrogging him as his tyres faded away."

So Jenson could see it and Boullier could see it and I could see it from my fucking armchair but they chose to do nothing about it; just kept on throwing in slow lap after slow lap until the inevitable (Hulkenburg passing him) happened and then they pit stop; with five laps left so no chance of coming back. Annoyed me so much that.

• 1 month later...

Yup; screwed them both. Rosberg may get a few points but Hamilton right out of it.

It usually does go against Hamilton at the moment like. But could so easily have been the other way round. I think the plan is going to change if this keeps happening. They've always said they'd just let them race but if one of them keeps missing out then it won't carry on.

Hamilton is saying that Rosberg admitted in the team meeting that he made contact on purpose.

Saw that, don't believe it; Hamilton being a whiny bastard putting his spin on it. Why would Rosberg do that? Be just as likely to put himself out of the race as it would Lewis.

The pair of them are getting infantile.

Agree, think Rosberg wanted to make a point but no way he'd jeopardise being out of the race just to damage Hamilton's car. Also Hamilton saying "retire the car to save engine". Bit like a football team saying we're being beat, let's stop the game no, we don't want to play any more.

• 2 weeks later...

Hamilton:

'I have a thick skin to recover a bit faster'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29071043

You have about the thinnest skin of any sportsman in history Lewis (just behind the average fourteen year old English gymnast), stop deluding yourself.

He said that while his bottom lip was trembling and his eyes filled with tears.