IGNORED

F1 Chat

• 2 weeks later...

Confirm I'm not going mad people: Andrew Benson today in his article about the new restrictions on team radio.

"..every 1kg of extra fuel carried is punished with a time penalty of 0.1 second per lap - or about a minute of total elapsed time for the average race."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29213997

0.1 second a lap would need a six hundred lap race to account for a minute right? On a sixty (average) lap race it'd cost you six seconds. Just tweeted him to point this out, surely I'm not mistaken.

• 3 weeks later...

Vettel to Ferrari then. When the going gets tough...

Probably means Alonso back to McLaren and Button looking for a seat elsewhere or retirement.

Can't see where he'd get one really, certainly not in a competitive car, shame.

Kvyat to Red Bull will be interesting.

If I was Ferrari I'd have gone for Ricciardo, seems Vettel's been exposed as a flat track bully this year (and Mark Webber as a really quite average driver).

Can't see where he'd get one really, certainly not in a competitive car, shame.

Kvyat to Red Bull will be interesting.

If I was Ferrari I'd have gone for Ricciardo, seems Vettel's been exposed as a flat track bully this year (and Mark Webber as a really quite average driver).

Yep, looks like Button's time is coming to an end. Shows the ruthlessness of Ron Dennis.

I reckon Kvyat will do quite well; he seems a good kid.

Agree on all of the last paragraph too.

Feel a little sick hear waiting on news of bianchi. He went off into the site of sutils crash, I think he may have hit the tractor, he's unconscious.

The weather is too bad for helicopter to take him to the hospital.

Prayers for him.

Not looking good if the attitude of the other drivers is anything to go by.

Couldn't believe the interview with button, talking about crash and severity of conditions.... Then "hey let's talk about your position"

Button showed class by not even talking about it.

Race organisers were asked twice to start it earlier and refused.

She's now doing her job asking Ricardo about the race performance, ffs, it's not important. They should be asking them "was it safe". For me it clearly wasn't.

Christ it is! A foot to the left an he'd have been decapitated!

Yeh and at that speed it wouldn't have taken much! Even so it shows you how good the crash helmets are nowadays because 20 years ago he would have been long gone.

I think I'll avoid watching that!

Its not gory at all, it hardly seems real! How did that not go up in a ball of flame? Incredible that the lad was in 1 piece let alone alive :(

Like Matt says it's not gory, you just see the car crumple but the areas of impact and the heights just makes you wonder how he survived.

P's Matt I think the cars blowing up only happens in American movies ;)

• 3 weeks later...

No doubt Hamilton deserves the title now; but, he could win the next race and even if Rosberg failed to finish he'd still only go into the last race with a forty-nine point lead so with double points being awarded he would lose the title by a point if he got a dnf and Rosberg won.

Would piss myself laughing if that happened, partly because of the look on Hamiltons' face, but mostly because it would show what a ludicrous rule it was in the first place. Ecclestone would look a right twat.

No doubt Hamilton deserves the title now; but, he could win the next race and even if Rosberg failed to finish he'd still only go into the last race with a forty-nine point lead so with double points being awarded he would lose the title by a point if he got a dnf and Rosberg won.

Would piss myself laughing if that happened, partly because of the look on Hamiltons' face, but mostly because it would show what a ludicrous rule it was in the first place. Ecclestone would look a right twat.

what a daft rule indeed - absolute nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...