IGNORED

F1 Chat

Jenson not even starting today, the one practice session session his car worked in he was 11th so it's a disappointment. Interesting to see how Alonso gets on.

Completely conflicted at the front of the field now, never been a Vettel or Ferrari fan (apart from when Mansell was there) but really don't want Hamiton/Mercedes to make it a procession again this season.

• 3 weeks later...

This is why I'll never warm to Hamilton.

"It has been three weeks between the last race in Bahrain and this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix but it does not feel like I have had much of a break. I have been flat out."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/features/32590252

Really? I wish I had to "work" that hard.

Can't imagine any other F1 driver (or any sportsman come to that) using their ghosted column to big up how great they are while pretending it's a tough life.

Knob.

• 2 weeks later...

With each race Rosberg shows even more so that he's not in the same league as Hamilton.

Aha, could vault you for that :P.

Anyway.I'm a bit worried for Louis! He wanted to stay at Mercedes 1000% and they only wanted him 100%, so he's settled for a pittance of £9m a year. Have to feel for him.

"I have enjoyed my time at Mercedes so much so it was 1000% in my mind that this is where I wanted to be, provided we could come to an agreement.

I was led to believe from the beginning that Mercedes wanted me to stay - and it's always good when both parties are 100% committed to staying with each other."

Anyone using the term 1000% (or even 110%) should not be allowed near sharp knives.

When Rosberg beats him over and over you can vault me, one victory changes nothing!

Rosberg's nowhere near as good a driver. I stand by that.

I actually agree with you a million percent ;) but (as I've said) I just can't like the guy.

I was initially delighted when he came though through the ranks as a British driver and also as the first black man breaking into the sport. Brilliant stuff.

But I can't stand the arrogance of the man; his massive bling gold chain and his excuses when he doesn't win. There are very few few British sportsmen that I want to lose but he's one of them.

But he'll win the title this year without a doubt.

I actually agree with you a million percent ;) but (as I've said) I just can't like the guy.

I was initially delighted when he came though through the ranks as a British driver and also as the first black man breaking into the sport. Brilliant stuff.

But I can't stand the arrogance of the man; his massive bling gold chain and his excuses when he doesn't win. There are very few few British sportsmen that I want to lose but he's one of them.

But he'll win the title this year without a doubt.

I can't say I particularly like him myself; he's not a likeable fella at all. I cant root for him to lose though, shame on you :P.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't say I particularly like him myself; he's not a likeable fella at all. I cant root for him to lose though, shame on you :P.

Hehe. Interesting to listen to the full radio communication between Lewis and the team during the Monaco debacle; explains why he's not been crying about losing the race ever since. It was 80/90% his fault :lol:.

• 4 weeks later...

The rain really fucked Williams; they didn't even get on the podium.

Conditions like those Jenson (in comparable equipment) hands Lewis his arse and instead he's watching from the pits. Nobody predicted McLaren would be this bad, just hope they give the same drivers another go next year, would be out of order to ditch them when they've been so let down by the team.

Conditions like those Jenson (in comparable equipment) hands Lewis his arse and instead he's watching from the pits. Nobody predicted McLaren would be this bad, just hope they give the same drivers another go next year, would be out of order to ditch them when they've been so let down by the team.

Jenson's the one at risk, there's no chance they'd get rid of Alonso.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hamilton is losing the plot I think, done a Kone with his hair and got a new tattoo

"My eagle represents a visionary. I'm a seeker and I'm willing to push the limits of self-discovery and personal freedom. The eagle is a born leader and may become impatient with those who cannot fly as high or as fast"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/features/34102233

Grade A tosser for me. Grade A+ driver admittedly but so far removed from the real world and the ultimate narcissist.

A great shame, he's in a place to set a great example in many ways but has failed dismally, particularly in recent years.

• 1 month later...

Hamilton is losing the plot I think, done a Kone with his hair and got a new tattoo

"My eagle represents a visionary. I'm a seeker and I'm willing to push the limits of self-discovery and personal freedom. The eagle is a born leader and may become impatient with those who cannot fly as high or as fast"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/features/34102233

Grade A tosser for me. Grade A+ driver admittedly but so far removed from the real world and the ultimate narcissist.

A great shame, he's in a place to set a great example in many ways but has failed dismally, particularly in recent years.

And again, "his" blog on the BBC giving us insight into the world of F1...

"Before coming to Sochi for the Russian Grand Prix this weekend, I spent a few days in Paris at Fashion Week.
Those sorts of events are among my favourite ways to spend time and they are a complete break from Formula 1, so a great way to refresh myself mentally before the next race.
I flew into Paris on Monday but got caught up in the French air strike and they wouldn't let us land for a while, and then there was really bad traffic so I got to the Stella McCartney show just as it was finishing, unfortunately.
There was some nonsense I saw reported somewhere about me and my friend Janelle Monae, the singer, being refused entry. But that wasn't the case at all - we were just at the wrong door, so we had to go around the back, where we saw Stella.
She's a big racing fan, and I'm a big admirer of her work, so I spent some time with her - and also with her husband Alasdhair Willis, whose clothes I buy a lot of. It was good to see them again.
I spent the next few days taking in a few of the top shows such as Valentino and the Chanel show, which was just unbelievable - I got to meet Karl Lagerfeld, who is 'The Man' when it comes to fashion. He was a really nice guy.
Fashion weeks generally are just a really super-fun time.
You get to meet the designers and get a real insight into how they came up with the clothes. And everyone is there and you bump into a lot of people in the business - I got to see Kanye (West) for example; I met Mario Testino, the great photographer, for the first time; and I got to hang with Miguel after his performance at the US Ambassador's Residence.
It's basically the best social week ever. There is a lot of relationship-building and a lot of positive things come from those weeks.
This week, I have a front cover of an incredible fashion magazine coming out, for example, which is a great way of extending my story to people who perhaps don't know so much about me."
What a twat. Every time I think he could sink no lower in my estimation he always manages to prove me wrong.

This person has a deep understanding of F1.

#bbcf1 Brilliant from Perez, Button & Alonso, they deserved points today, following their determination. Shame about the 7 retirements tho

How do they think Perez, Button and Alonso achieved their "brilliant" finishes?

It was because of the retirements and crashes you dope!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With 2 straight 2nd spot finishes, I wonder what Hamilton got for the upcoming Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Rosberg is making true to his words about catching up with his team mate.

Well, Hamilton won the drivers world championship and Mercedes have won the team title so there isn't anything at stake other than ego's.

• 4 weeks later...