IGNORED

F1 Chat

• 2 weeks later...

Will be interesting to know who the presenting team is. Obviously Coulthard springs to mind now that Ch4 have lost F1. OH and I will watch as we miss our motor racing fix during the F1 close season. Having said that it is getting longer, last race December 1 next year.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

First practice in Australia in 9 days could shape up to be a bit more of a contest this season. Testing isn'tt a great barometer but Ferrari did seem on it so hopefully hit Merc with a win. Red Bull have the Honda engine and Max will be a threat, not sure about Gasly though. Probably same old in the mid field, hope Perez shows Stroll a thing or two - can't stand the spoilt rich kid. Williams looking like a basket case again and am not sure of the wisdom of Kubica coming back, I was hoping that Ocon might get that drive.

2 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

First practice in Australia in 9 days could shape up to be a bit more of a contest this season. Testing isn'ttt a great barometer but Ferrari did seem on it so hopefully hit Merc with a win. Red Bull have the Honda engine and Max will be a threat, not sure about Gasly though. Probably same old in the mid field, hope Perez shows Stroll a thing or two - can't stand the spoilt rich kid. Williams looking like a basket case again and am not sure of the wisdom of Kubica coming back, I was hoping that Ocon might get that drive.

Looking forward to it, McLaren showing signs of recovery which is great, 'specially with a Brit behind the wheel of one of them. Everyone says testing is no barometer but if you look at the Braun tests in 2009 they were very much a sign of what was to come.

I met (in odd circumstances) a Merc F1 employee a few days back and he gave me a knowing smile when I suggested they were sandbagging. Hope he's wrong though.

#AnyonebutHamilton.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, MikeO said:

Self destruction mode again.

Leclerc so unlucky now, Hamilton lucks in again.

He’s not a good racer. He only looks good when he’s far out in the lead and no one fighting him. 

If Red Bull hadn’t been so dominant he’d never have had 4 World Championships. 

After watching the latest race I could be converted to getting back into it, it looks like an exciting spectacle again. 

The Ferrari team seem to have uncovered a gem in Leclerc just to watch the battles ahead with him and Hamilton are going to make for some gripping  racing. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

China GP, same old :angry:

Didn't see it but Ferrari fucking up again due to daft team orders/strategy and both McLarens taken out on the first lap I'm glad I missed it. Not even going to mention the guy who won it as my view on him is well known.

38 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Didn't see it but Ferrari fucking up again due to daft team orders/strategy and both McLarens taken out on the first lap I'm glad I missed it. Not even going to mention the guy who won it as my view on him is well known.

The Ferrari’s weren’t going to win anyway. The only way they fucked up is Leclerc finishing behind Verstappen. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Poor old Kubica came to grief in the same place, really not sure about his physical capabilities in an f1 car though.

I agree, it would've been a great story but he's well adrift of George Russell, who's the only one you can realistically judge him against. Turned out to be a bad call by McLaren pitting Lando under the VSC, he was all over Perez and Sainz just drifted back when he got his chance; still 8th and 9th isn'ttt too bad but it might have been 7th and 9th if they'd left him out.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I know I'm not Hamilton's biggest fan and I may be being cynical but wouldn't it have been logistically easier, cheaper and nicer for the lad if he'd have gone himself rather than send a car? He's just done Spain and Monaco up next so it's not like he's in Australia is it? If a Kardashian was having a party he'd have found time in his busy schedule to be there.

• 2 weeks later...

@Zoo 2.0 you've negged me on my last two Hamilton points, fine with that but why no explanation? Personally I think both are open and shut cases that only someone with Hamilton fanboy goggles on would disagree with; where do you think I'm wrong?

imo the first one he spouted a couple of platitudes and got Mercedes plc to do something for the lad (or Mercedes told him it'd be good PR and instigated it themselves more likely); second one he's giving himself an out if he doesn't win. Not his fault, it was the team and the fact that he won was down to his supreme skill overcoming the teams mistakes. How do you differ from that?