IGNORED

F1 Chat

On 14/05/2019 at 15:23, MikeO said:

I know I'm not Hamilton's biggest fan and I may be being cynical but wouldn't it have been logistically easier, cheaper and nicer for the lad if he'd have gone himself rather than send a car? He's just done Spain and Monaco up next so it's not like he's in Australia is it? If a Kardashian was having a party he'd have found time in his busy schedule to be there.

Can't risk staying in the UK too long otherwise he might have to pay some tax. 

14 minutes ago, hafnia said:

It's a shame I can't like Hamilton cos he is a brilliant driver.

I just don't think he's a genuine person at all.  A spoilt brat who has forgotten his roots.  Arrogant, smarmy, snooty, just not my cup of tea.

Absolutely loved dreary Nigel Mansell

100%. When he first came on the scene I was over the moon, top driver from the UK and to cap it all the first black guy on the grid, brilliant.

But he's become the person you describe, very sad.

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

100%. When he first came on the scene I was over the moon, top driver from the UK and to cap it all the first black guy on the grid, brilliant.

I don’t see it like that what I see is someone at the top of his sport who has developed a persona or game face if you like which gives him the edge over his rivals, it’s a deliberate game plan which gets to his rivals and gives him control, they want to beat him so much because he’s made them dislike him so much as a person that is clouds their judgment we’ve seen it so many times with Vettle that Hamilton as won the psychological war and Vettle has lost his composure and beat himself. 

Very clever and deliberate on his part and it’s working because even you are feeling it and your not in race. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I don’t see it like that what I see is someone at the top of his sport who has developed a persona or game face if you like which gives him the edge over his rivals, it’s a deliberate game plan which gets to his rivals and gives him control, they want to beat him so much because he’s made them dislike him so much as a person that is clouds their judgment we’ve seen it so many times with Vettle that Hamilton as won the psychological war and Vettle has lost his composure and beat himself. 

Very clever and deliberate on his part and it’s working because even you are feeling it and your not in race. 

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I really don't think he's bright enough to do that.

He's just a tit, Palf.

Lewis, not Mike :lol: 

16 hours ago, MikeO said:

@Zoo 2.0 you've negged me on my last two Hamilton points, fine with that but why no explanation? Personally I think both are open and shut cases that only someone with Hamilton fanboy goggles on would disagree with; where do you think I'm wrong?

imo the first one he spouted a couple of platitudes and got Mercedes plc to do something for the lad (or Mercedes told him it'd be good PR and instigated it themselves more likely); second one he's giving himself an out if he doesn't win. Not his fault, it was the team and the fact that he won was down to his supreme skill overcoming the teams mistakes. How do you differ from that?

It's just the typical anti-Hamilton brigade which makes me like him even more. You've got a young kid with a terminal illness and Lewis sends over his car along with some signed stuff and that's not good enough because he didn't go in person? Have a word with yourself. Just be happy that he's took the time to do anything rather than constantly looking at the negatives and why it's not good enough. 

As for the second, drama queen? Seriously? He's flying around Monaco, arguably the hardest circuit on the calendar when you consider how close the walls are, he's got tyres that are literally shredded (did you see them at the end?) and has Max Verstappen all over him who's desperate to get past. How else is Lewis supposed to behave? You'd be concerned in the same situation and had it been Max, Charles, Seb or Bottas who was saying the same nobody would bat an eyelid but because it's Lewis it's a massive problem. He did 17 laps more than what Pirelli advised, I totally get that it's Monaco and easy to defend but in that situation you have to applaud him. 

Don't get me wrong, I can see why some people dislike Lewis but the constant overreacting over anything that he does it laughable in the extreme. Can't wait to see him lift another World Championship to see the amount of rattlement it generates. 

23 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

It's just the typical anti-Hamilton brigade which makes me like him even more. You've got a young kid with a terminal illness and Lewis sends over his car along with some signed stuff and that's not good enough because he didn't go in person? Have a word with yourself. Just be happy that he's took the time to do anything rather than constantly looking at the negatives and why it's not good enough. 

*Mercedes 

As far as I can see all Hamilton done was send a tweet. Reading the article it seems more a PR stunt than a genuine act of kindness. Bit like the Liverpool video were they gave a blind fan a little meet and greet with Salah, you could tell it was more about Liverpool PR than the fans experience. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

*Mercedes 

As far as I can see all Hamilton done was send a tweet. Reading the article it seems more a PR stunt than a genuine act of kindness. Bit like the Liverpool video were they gave a blind fan a little meet and greet with Salah, you could tell it was more about Liverpool PR than the fans experience. 

Stole one of my points.

Compare and contrast Jermain Defoe/Bradley Lowery situation, chalk and cheese. It's absolutely undeniable that it would've been infinitely easier logistically for Lewis to get on a plane than for Mercedes to ship a car to see the lad (do you disagree with that?). And who are the "typical anti-Hamilton brigade" when they're at home? I'm not a part of any brigade, I just watch and draw my own conclusions.

Some sportsmen (eg Hamilton/Christiano Ronaldo) are just plain unpleasant people and it's not an act to browbeat their opponents into submission because it's perfectly simple to be a World beater while being humble (eg Federer/Pele). You are far too defensive in your response Zoo, plainly a nerve has been touched. And the Monaco theatrics, you really believe they were real and his win was a "miracle"? Give your head a wobble, you can be 5,6,7 seconds a lap slower than a chaser and keep the lead as Palmer made very clear in his article, Hamilton's rear tyres were fine so he always had the speed when he needed it. I've no doubt he'll win the title again this year and it'll piss me off but he's a brilliant driver, no argument there.

Why not liking someone who you find unpleasant is "laughable in the extreme" I don't understand. There must be one or two successful sportsmen/women who you don't like very much, does that make your opinion laughable?

17 hours ago, MikeO said:

Yep... totally agree. The likes of Jeremy Clarkson was awestruck when meeting him.... he was grounded.... fresh faced, good looking well mannered kid who was respectful and understood his priveledged position being supported into his dream job initially by his dad then Ron Dennis.....

Roll on a few years and he's got the most annoying accent, talks like he's been brainwashed by some tom cruise-like cult, stupid hair, tattoos, ridiculous bling......  sacked his dad off as manager. Can't stomach his phoney ways.

By the way..... his Monaco theatrics, which in my opinion were some a  "look at how difficult this is"   was his ego trying to compete with Sennas drive of 1984.  No where near that .... no where.

Anyone who wants to have a treat - watch that drive. Genius. 

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Even at Niki Lauda's funeral mass today when everyone turns up in a plain black suit he "accessorises" with a stupid hat with a feather in it. Why?

Capture.JPG

Mike you have got it bad when it comes to him that your even critiquing his fashion sense, your be writing for Vogue at this rate.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Oh fuck off. Vettel gets a 5 second penalty. Don't think he had any alternative for his re-entry. Play to the little prince.

I'm no fan of either driver but that decision was a travesty, nobody but the stewards (and maybe Zoo) could think otherwise. 

44 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/48583803

Palmer would disagree. I thought it was worthy of a punishment at the time and nothing has changed my mind on that.

One driver who was a compete waste of a seat agrees with the stewards, every other driver (as far as I can see) disagrees. Think you have your anti-Vettel specs on Mark;).