IGNORED

Fishman V's Everton

GoldfishMemory

Has anyone got any contact email addresses for everton?

I'm after Ray Foy & Ian Ross (he's the head of public relations isnt he??)

Mike I know you have posted one up before but I can't find it.

Any help would be appriciated, this crowd situation with the police in the Lower Gwladys came to a head last night and I am going to write to the club and request a meeting. I'v ended up with no season ticket, torn clothes and I was set up for a beating by the police & sadly one of the head stewards.

My crime this time?

Filming several police officers assaulting young fans during half time!

:angry:

Edited by GoldfishMemory

When i rang up, i just asked to talk to whoever was responsible for security and policing at the ground, and i was put through to Mr Ross. He's not a sympathetic listener and not a nice man to talk to, but he did tell me the police cannot take your season ticket away. Tell them at this moment in time, you are taking legal advice and will get back to them soon, either personally or through your solicitor. Dont take any shit from him. <_<

That sounds like a shocking state of affairs, have you considered goin further still, Merseyside police? They sound like the cause of your problem but I bet some of them will be willing to help you, especially if youve got them on camera assaulting ppl.

During me being involved in a 9 man rugby scrum (me and 8 yellow coats) for my phone the video was deleted but I refuse to believe EFC dont have this on CCTV. I'm writing to Ray Foy as he is the man incharge who wrote to me a while ago and it is being copied to Ian Ross, I'm going all the way with this cos I'v had enough. They have my season ticket now anyway and I'm going to be singled out by the police in the Gwladys Street so its time to speak up. Its moved on from intimidation to the police regularly taking out their fustrations on football fans, it's like if you've had a bad week work the match and take out your fustrations!!

What I saw a police officer do to a lad last night would get you a jail scentance in town on a Friday night and turning on me for recording it was just typical.

I'll fill you all in on the details after work but I'm busy writing to Everton at the mo :angry:

EDIT: Cheers Bill I may just throw that in too, It was the head steward who took my ticket and at that point I have to admit I had proberbly crossed the line but what happened pior was unbelievable!

Edited by GoldfishMemory

Jesus, you shouldnt have given him your season ticket, the problem is your fooked because they will just throw some bullshit reason at you

Good luck with it all

why dont you write a letter to the papers

Edited by Zed

Ok I said I'd give you the full story and seen as I'v calmed down a tad now and had a little contact with the club here it is.

Ever since the ale throwing of last season the policing has been tightened up in the Lower Gwladys, this all IMO seems to have originated from the introduction of Ray Foy as opperations director at Goodison. There was a group (me included) who received letters from Mr Foy regarding "disorderly behaviour" and since then the tactics of the police have dramatically changed. There seems to be an extreamly high level of aggression in dealing with anyone who so much as pokes a toe over the line, where this line lies is still unknown to anyone, basically giving the police the room to oppereate however they feel.

The basic stance of the police seems to be if any singing is started the most prominent or vocal member of that group is removed by what can only be described as "snatch squads", sounds like a military opperation but you have to see it to believe it. 3 to 4 officers will remove the individual followed up by 6 to 10 other officers who remove anyone who questions what they are doing. In general the initial person is ejected with no case for appeal and the others (if they keep their mouth shut) are warned & have their details taken before being allowed back to the seats.

The policy when half time ends is to move through the crowd (specifically the area against the wall in the centre of the stand) and you are told to go back to your seat, no drinking up time and an imidiate response is expected. Failure to instantly follow instructions results in a show of force where you are basically pushed towards the stairs and expected to go and not question the aggression or complain at all. All of this takes place while several hundred fans still stand either side of the central area finishing up their drinks and making their own way back to their seats without any bother.

Over the past few weeks I have noticed their attention is concentrated specifically on the central area and not the people stood there so when the ring of yellow jackets begins to form up I quietly step outside of it and finish my ale while they bully other everyone else. Wednesday was no different except my brother failed to follow suit this week as he was caught up in the moment with a group of friends. I was stood by the yellow barriers and watched the police getting very heavy handed and with my brother being in the middle of it all I got out my camera phone and started recording video footage. I'm recording for a minute or so when I hear a lad shouting get off me to my right at the bottom of the stairs and turn to see a bizzie in a state of rage with his hand around the lads neck. I carry on recording this for about 30 secconds in which time the bizzie slaps the lad and pushes him into the barrier before he tries to run off up the stairs. The bizzie grabs him by the hood pulls him back and hits him in the face and again pushes him against the barrier.

It was then that the bizzie turned and saw me recording, he ran towards me shouting "give me the camera now" and looking like he was about to break my face so I side stepped him and headed for the stairs. What happened next was unbelievable as I was grabbed by several police all of whom were grabbing at my mobile and pulling me back with their other hand. I tried to break away and made my way about 3/4 of the way up the stairs befor 8 of them pulled me down tearing my jumper & t shirt in several places. So I'm ejected from the ground and all they were bothered about is where my mobile phone is which I'v slipped into my boxer shorts during the struggle, I told the officers outside one of them had taken it!

While I'm outside the officer I originally recorded has got the same lad and is beating him up against the wall in the doorway and I'm not over exagerating here he had his arm under the kids chin and was butting him and slamming him against the wall over and over. He then throws him into the street and tells him to "fuck off", the lad gets up off his arse with blood dripping out of his nose and says, "that was out of order" turns and walks towards Bullens Road, the bizzie runs after him punches him in the back of the head and tells him to "keep your fuckin mouth shut". I decided it was proberbly best to keep my mouth shut as well.

So ejected for recording an assault I gets slightly pissed off and decided I was going back in (I'll leave the details of that out because it was a useful tactic for the future) and goes back to my seat minus my jumper but in a torn t-shirt. Shortly after I'm ejected again as apparently I was seen on CCTV returning to my seat, I'm taken down the rear stairs to the gate closest to the church and have my season ticket taken by a head steward. Thats why I'm not complaining too much about the ticket afterall I did sneek back therefore ignoring the warrning shot of the initial ejection but we'll see how that one pans out. The head staward gets his keys out and the police officer says "he's not going out this gate put him out of gate 17" and so the fun begins.

Reluctant to exit through a pre defined (by the police) gate I protest all the way out and finally the head steward agrees to leave with me to prove there isnt a speciall welcoming party outside for me. We exit and a van full of bizzies flys past me, I look at the steward and say "see they're waiting for me", he replys they wont stop and re-enters the ground closing the door. I follow my instincts as I see the van turning around down by the church and run towards Bullens Road with the sound of a roaring engin behind me and hide in the car park. The van slows to a crawl and put the spot light on the car park before turning down the first street. I sit tight and then the van reverses out of the road and moves to the next before reversing back out again and moving to the next road. I took the opportunity and ran as fast as I could down a few entry's and weaving in and out of the streets until I was well clear of Goodison.

I'm not realy interested in debating the rights and wrongs of my actions to get my season ticket back but I have reached a point now where I cant stand back and ignore what's happening to friends & family at the hands of Merseyside Police at every home game. I agree with the club requiring a level of control over the fans but they cant just sit back and let the police assault their paying customers, there would be outrage if this was happening anywhere else but because its at the football everyone accepts it. I unfortunatly have no evidence against particular officers but I expect Everton to listen to its customers and protect us while on their premisis, I also expect them to review the CCTV (if it's as good as they and the police make out) and see if the officer is identifiable along with the other officers who stood around watching and then tried to take my phone in an attempt to protect their own!

There is a growing culture amongst officers at the match of taking out their fustrations on anyone they feel like because they know that people accept it as the norm and very rarely question the police. People are ejected for very little and threatening behaviour by them to us is considered the norm. For people of my age and experience this isnt too hard to deal with but 16 year old lads dont know when to keep their mouth shut sometimes, does this warrant a beatting from supposedly responsable adults tasked with crowd safety? How long is it going to be before my brother gets a kicking or one of your friends / relations?

I'm standing up for myself and everyone else, at what cost i'm unsure but I'v been a marked man by the club for several months now and after Wednesday I'm definatly marked by the Police. I can hand on heart say I like a few drinks & I sing songs with the lads but I did not deserve the letter I received and I did not in any way deserve the treatement I received on Wednesday night.

I went down to Goodison on Friday afternoon after initially emailing Ray Foy & copying Ian Ross and was told that Ray is back in on Tuesday but apparently he is very aproachable and would have spoken with me had he been there. I have filled out a complaint form with the club and it is just a matter of waiting for their next move which will hopefully be some contact with Mr Foy tomorrow or Wednesday after he has had time to digest my email & complaint form. Hopefully our club can respect the concerns of its fans and hopefully they will make time to deal with this without trying to brush it under the carpet!!

I will keep you updated on any progress or lack of.

Sounds pretty heavy. seems ridiculous that it stems from people singing, showing support, having fun. maybe its me just being stupid but i thought that football was supposed to be a form of entertainment, can you imagine securtity kicking off at a music concert becasue someone was singing along!

Its a fucking disgrace when the people who are there to "protect" you end up cauisng more harm, distress and damage.

Sounds bad that, doesn't reflect well on the club even if it is the police responible for it. Good luck with it, it's tough that it's gonna be your word against the police but hopefully the club will give you a fair hearing. Would it be worth pointing them at TT if they are looking for a character reference? The four thousand plus posts you've put on here plainly don't come from a danger to Goodison security do they?

Did u read it Evertonlad? :P lol. The video content was deleted but he still got his phone.

A couple of years ago one of my mates was threatened and held up aggressively by his collar after he joked about one of the policeman when waiting to go into the turnstiles. Then about 4 of them searched is all, again quite forcefully pushing us back and turning us around and 'padding' us with a heavy hands (basically slapping us). Its not as bad as what you’ve gone through Goldie but still cause for concern in the way they acted.

I'd like to say the club would help you out but in all honesty I'd be surprised they did any more than give your season ticket back. All the best of luck though and hopefully something will come about it.

Just had a call form the deputy stadium safety officer he wanted to talk about my season ticket but I stopped him and spoke to him regarding the issues I had with Everton. He has asked me to forward to him the document I sent to Mr Foy last week and he will review it and get back to me.

Still up in the air regarding my season ticket but like I said earlier that realy is the least of my worries!

Hopefully this will lead somwhere I'll wait and see, keep you all updated.

Sadly mate he knew nothing of my email or visit to Goodison and was just calling me cos he had my season ticket and a report form the head steward in his possesion but we live in hope!

What did the report say ?? Should ask for a copy

A few things lately have had mee feeling the regulars (Well all supporters) get treated with Contempt by the club.

If the Fan's were to start treating the club with contempt, then theyd have a problem.

But they no we wont, coz we are a sadist bread, love our club with all our hearts & keep taking the thumps on the chin , then come back for more.

Got us all by the nut's my friends.

i wouldnt be threatening them with going to the press, just go ahead, speak to citizens advice, see where you stand. im sure your entitled to a copy of any cctv your recorded on, especially in this case. go to the echo, whos the guy who does all the writing about everton, go to kipper, toffeeweb, wsag, speak from the harbour. even national tabloids would jump on this story.

and if you could find the kid who got battered that would be a massive bonus.

spead the word as far as you can