IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Watched first episode of boardwalk empire of the new series. I love it. I love nucky thompsons brother in it don't know why. Took my boy to see cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 and turbo this weekend. They weren't bad but nothing outstanding

Watched first episode of boardwalk empire of the new series. I love it. I love nucky thompsons brother in it don't know why. Took my boy to see cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 and turbo this weekend. They weren't bad but nothing outstanding

They're going to do another release soon with Claudia Winkleman in the lead role, the title being "boring with a chance of sucking cocks"

In any event, there's an hour special on Blondie right now. Playing all the New York bands biggest hits, and at a time when Deborah Harry was one fine looking woman. I bought up most of the releases at the time.

They're going to do another release soon with Claudia Winkleman in the lead role, the title being "boring with a chance of sucking cocks"

Are you dissing Claudia Winkleman? Shame on you :shaking fist:.

If I ever had a free pass from the wife she'd be it :wub: .

Are you dissing Claudia Winkleman? Shame on you :shaking fist:.

If I ever had a free pass from the wife she'd be it :wub: .

really?!?! If you had a pass, you'd go for a loud, glow-in-the-dark Oompa Loompa who dresses in bags and can't see past her fringe (which is actually a blessing, it's probably hiding a 3rd nipple or something...)

This old age is setting in mate!

Cops on CBS +1

Got a woman in for hiring a hitman to kill her husband. Lousy actress type appearing all 'innocent'

These stories are a dime a dozen. Attempt fails, girl goes to jail, partner lives to see another day, police department are pleased with their endeavors etc. She recieved twenty years in a Florida state penitentiary.

There's another match coming up this weekend Trevor, maybe you forgot all about it. Don't you have some duties to attend to.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, women like Brook or Schnerlinger, or whatever the slags name is, don't generate any interest. Boring, leather faced trivialities that are about five fifths of useless. Don't get me wrong, I'm no misogynist and appreciate decent women, but there's a certain group or category that I fail to recognize. Shit like X-factor, or some other leather faced talent show with certain individuals, I couldn't distance myself further if I tried.

There's another match coming up this weekend Trevor, maybe you forgot all about it. Don't you have some duties to attend to.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, women like Brook or Schnerlinger, or whatever the slags name is, don't generate any interest. Boring, leather faced trivialities that are about five fifths of useless. Don't get me wrong, I'm no misogynist and appreciate decent women, but there's a certain group or category that I fail to recognize. Shit like X-factor, or some other leather faced talent show with certain individuals, I couldn't distance myself further if I tried.

I think you're mellowing with age DK.....last year you'd have been far more dismissive.

no idea who Schnerlinger is, but Kelly Brook might just be the perfect looking woman. How you spout the rest about her, I just cant understand unless you're vision is massively impaired...

edit: and to be fair to Mike, I was going to do a comparison between KB and Claudia to see if he still stuck with his vote, but to my surprise CW actually scrubs up alright. Still wouldnt be on my list, but I can understand it now!

Edited by Matt

I am buddy.

Iron Man 3 is better than 2, darker than most Marvel stuff, good film.

Haven't seen The Wolverine. I do want to, just struggling with another Wolverine movie. Origins was f*cking terrible. Destroyed all credibility to Wade Wilson as well.

I liked Man of Steel. Liked the fresh take. People complained it wasn't 'true' enough. But every single comic, time after time, changes origin stories; so why can't another medium?

Gonna give Iron Man 3 a viewing soon. I have 'acquired' The Wolverine now so wanna watch that too. I didn't mind Origins other than the destruction of Wilson's character, as you say.

You make a good point re MoS, I was just hoping for better. Have you saw Superman Unbound or the Flashpoint Paradox yet? Did you enjoy the two part adaptation of TDKR? I haven't seen the first two but I enjoyed the TDKR animated feature.

As for what I am watching, I've finally started on The Wire. I'm in the middle of season 2 now - the first season blew me away. It certainly lives up to the hype and I'm really enjoying it. Very intelligent show which offers just what I am looking for - a compelling socio-economic commentary on a deprived Western city where characters are morally ambiguous and trapped in situations they'd probably rather escape from. In some ways a different show to Breaking Bad and the Sopranos, but in others very similar. What I have noticed is that it's extremely demanding in terms of attention span, and due to the young black male drug subculture it can be difficult to follow what characters are saying - quite often I've had to read episode plot lines to make sure I didn't miss anything. I can see it usurping BB as number one on my all time faves list.

Edited by Nikica

Watched gangster squad with Sean penn. it got slated but i quite enjoyed it. Great cast that was led downby the script but once I got over the over acting from penn I got into it. Also watched margin call with Kevin spacey about the recent wall street crash which was really good aswell

• 2 weeks later...

Not heard of it, will keep an eye out.

Did anyone watch the Doctor Who 50th anniversary episode? I don't watch it really and I've only ever done so if it's been on and I've switched over onto it. But I really enjoyed it, some bits didn't make sense but I love the use of all the doctors and the nods to episodes before.

It was a great episode, Moffat really did it well.

I sat waiting outside Taunton Odeon while Josh watched in in 3D with his mate (cleaned out the car while I was waiting and seems I chucked my glasses in the bin along with the rubbish 'cos I had them and then they disappeared) :dry:.

Watched it when we got home though, and they watched it again. Very good episode, big twist that opens up huge opportunities for future storylines, and must've been great on the big screen.

Only mistake was casting Joanna Page, who's a truly shit actress (or rather a one trick pony, she was fine as Stacey but can't play anybody else; will make a decent living doing voice overs but that's about her limit).

• 2 weeks later...