IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Guest Nikica

The first four seasons of Dexter are great, sadly declines after that. I've saw season 1 of Weeds and it's pretty good - Mary Louise Parked is indeed very pretty.

On the Superman/Batman debate, Bats carried kryptonite around as insurance. If you wanna see an example of how he can stop Superman, read The Dark Knight Returns of watch the film adaptation. He is extremely cautious when it comes to the Justice League, as he's the only member without powers. This is showcased very well in Justice League: Tower of Babel and it's film adaptation, Justce League: Doom. In those he goes behind the JL's back to compile information about them. All these stories and movies are worth a read/watch.

For me personally, I've finished four seasons of The Wire and one season of Deadwood - such awesome shows. The Wire is brilliant from a sociological perspective. There's some good news shows starting soon but the show which really excites me is another HBO production - True Detective. It's like American Horror Story in that each season will be a new story (so an anthology. The first season stars Woody Harrelson and Matthew McCoughney as police officers hunting a serial killer over 17 years. It starts Sunday in America and I'm looking forward to it.

Two of my favourite actors!!!! Fuck me that sounds cool when's it on over here nic?

Starts sunday night in USA mate, which means you can 'acquire' it on Monday. I have no idea when it's on television in the UK though.

8 episodes in the first season - it does sound brilliant.

Edit: apparently it's on Sky Atlantic shortly after it begins in US, if you have that.

Edited by Nikica

James Bond latest release Skyfall

Fleming would spinning like a top watching this nonsense. Maybe the producers thought they were making Superman instead of the longest running movie franchise.

Bond today is more ridiculous than it ever was. Survives sub-zero water, hangs on to elevators to the tops of buildings, gets shot off of moving trains, survives waterfall incidents, and can drive from London to Scotland in what seems a few minutes, and then presented to a 'home alone' scenario as gets to fight off what seems 100 adversaries at a country retreat, armed with only a shotgun and some minor explosives

Mendes is lined up for the next also unfortunately.

Bond today is more ridiculous than it ever was.

I enjoyed Skyfall, like all the other Bonds but I can see what you're saying. What would make it ridiculous is if the role was given to Idris Elba. James Bond is white and shouldn't be played by a black actor, it's ridiculous.

"Zombie Women of Satan"

Synopsis - 'Blood-soaked British comedy chock-full of guts, guns and girls. - Nightclub performers fall foul of a sinister rural family's misdeeds when tortured half-naked women are turned into zombies'

You can maybe paint your own picture

sounds awesome!

I got a great selection at Christmas, looking forward to Rubber, Planet Terror, Sharknado, 2 Headed Shark Attack and Machete :D

James Bond latest release Skyfall

Fleming would spinning like a top watching this nonsense. Maybe the producers thought they were making Superman instead of the longest running movie franchise.

Bond today is more ridiculous than it ever was. Survives sub-zero water, hangs on to elevators to the tops of buildings, gets shot off of moving trains, survives waterfall incidents, and can drive from London to Scotland in what seems a few minutes, and then presented to a 'home alone' scenario as gets to fight off what seems 100 adversaries at a country retreat, armed with only a shotgun and some minor explosives

Mendes is lined up for the next also unfortunately.

Bond was never known for its gritty realism. The ending was Straw Dogs meets Home Alone.

I watched Sherlock 'The Last Vow' last night, it was the best episode of the series but it was the worst series so far.

Ferris Buellers Day Off / Film Four

Saw this on release back in around '85 and looks terribly dated but good enough for some sporadic moments of light humor. Yes its primarily a kids movie but one those '100 things to watch before you etc' titles, apparently. It's got Mia Sara in it, so good enough, but Broderick can be damn irritating sometimes.

Good film that!

bloody excellent film, forgot how much I enjoyed it he first time. Wife enjoyed it too, asking if it was originally a French film. When I asked why, she said "well, it was just a bit quirky throughout so I wasn't sure, but when you get to the last part (don't want to spoil it for anyone who's not seen it, I'm talking last 20ms) you can tell its French" :lol:

Series that I've been enjoying recently include,

The Killing (a moody crime drama takes place in Seattle)

House of Cards (US based political thriller stuff)

Also just got into "Ripper Street" and watched a bunch of "Luther" both great in my opinion. Tried to get into "Battlestar Galactica" but it just didn't work for me...it's decent but fantasy or space genres don't really work for me (e.g., never really got into any of the Star Trek series).

Comedically, "It's always sunny in Philadelphia" is one of my favorites, and I've been watching "Burning Love" (available online) which is a funny paradoy of "the Bachelor".