IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

I took my cousin to see it before Christmas, I don't remember any of the songs though, all I see is people commenting about the songs but they were instantly forgettable for me.

I've never heard of Brooklyn Nine Nine though.

Edited by Louis
I'm turning into Dalziel aren't I?

Dave Grohl's documentary "Sound City" is on BBC4 later at 1:05am.

Also on iplayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03sltyb

Name dropping but I had a meeting with Rupert Neve once (as in Neve who made their "recording console".....inverted commas because they're talking about the mixing desk and recording console isn't an accurate description of what it does....even though the term is widely used :dry:).

I've never heard of Brooklyn Nine Nine though.

Check it out Louis!

Adam Sanberg (lead) won a golden globe for best actor in comedy, which is amazing considering he isn't an actor. He was part of a comedy band, they were quite funny, tried his hand in acting and has smashed it.

Love the show. Without breaks, it's only 20 minutes, so it's short and bloody sweet.

Halfway through season 2 of Sons of Anarchy. Bloody love it.

Took a while to get going but its heart wrenching stuff. Brilliant TV.

Interestingly enough my bro mentioned yesterday that he's on season 3 of that on Netflix (my account, which he shares) and is really enjoying it. I've saw a lot of people say it's quite good but a few levels below the very best shows. it's on my list of things to see but not a priority, I'm glad you are enjoying it though.

I've been watching a lot of things on and off - finished off the Wire (incredible show) and of the shows currently airing in the States True Detective, Black Sails, Ninja Turtles and the Walking Dead are some I plan to keep track of, as well as finishing off season three of American Horror Story. I've also watched season one of Mad Men on US Netflix (brilliant) and season one of the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I need to get back into Battlestar Galactica and Monster (amine) also. I also want to see all of those Oscar nominated films (saw 12 Years A Slave which was excellent).

I may have mentioned this before, but the saturation of entertainment is something I find distressing - there are so many shows, games, films, comics, books to enjoy that it is impossible to find the time to consume even 25% of what you want to enjoy. Life would be far easier if we prioritised and restricted ourselves to only the very top quality entities, but this is difficult as there's always that feeling that you could be missing out on something you'd personally enjoy if you were only to give it a chance.

This is known as the 'Paradox of Choice' and it's interesting that having such an abundance of instant options in the internet era hasn't made us happier, but has actually induced stress where it feels like more of a chore to watch something than to enjoy it - a sort of 'ticked that off the list, now onto the next show' sort of phenomenon.

First world problems eh?

Edited by Nikica

University Challenge - what a pile of shite! One of the teams is from the School of Oriental and African Science (SOAS) (what the fuck is that?) and one of the team members is a hippy woman who clearly should have left school 4 decades ago and got a job.

I'm sure most of the questions were in foreign as I didn't even understand what they were on about, let alone get any right, apart from one piece of music written by Shostokovich, though I didn't know it was him I just remember that violinist Andre Rui (sp) playing it at half time at Ajax to entertain the fans. Very uplifting.... "La la la la, la la la la la la la la la..........." (youtube it)

University challenge - what a funny show. As you said, I have no idea what the questions even mean let alone what the answers should be. Remember Karl Pilkington saying that he had given up trying to guess the answers so instead he would guess which contestant was going to answer the question. Always made me laugh.

Saw Dallas Buyers Club last night - really fantastic. Been watching True Detective as well which is the best show I've seen for a while. McConaughey has been brilliant recently.