IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Watched the third episode of Britain's Great War earlier.....not usually a big Paxman fan but it gives a view of WW1 mostly from a domestic viewpoint, which is a different angle from the usual relentless mud/squalor/massacre (though that's covered obviously). Really interesting and taught me lots I didn't know, though I thought I knew a lot; and includes some powerful personal stories.

I'm old enough to have known people who were about at the time, and my grandfather (though he died before I was born) and his brothers all fought in it. Moving stuff.

I watched two great films one called stoker with Mathew Goode and Nicole Kidman and a great little film called bernie with jack black. It's a dark comedy with Mathew mccaunaghy. It's based on a true story of a mortician in a small town. Its just started on sky. I highly recommend it

I watched two great films one called stoker with Mathew Goode and Nicole Kidman and a great little film called bernie with jack black. It's a dark comedy with Mathew mccaunaghy. It's based on a true story of a mortician in a small town. Its just started on sky. I highly recommend it

Bernie was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't expecting much when I watched it, and it turned out to be quite good.

I'm starting series 2 of "House of Cards" and just finished up "The Killing" (both on netflix).

Name dropping but I had a meeting with Rupert Neve once (as in Neve who made their "recording console".....inverted commas because they're talking about the mixing desk and recording console isn't an accurate description of what it does....even though the term is widely used :dry:).

I only watched the documentary earlier, I thought it was pretty good.. although it seemed to lose steam when after Stevie Nicks' performed after the desk had been moved to Grohl's studio.

Watched oblivion with Tom cruise, wasn't expecting much but it was better than expected. A bigger budget moon that Sam Rockwell did but ok nonetheless. After that fast and furious 6, god those films test your suspension of disbelief but they are fun

Anyone who hasn't started watching True Detective has to remedy that asap.

It's so good. Up there with the Wire and Breaking Bad.

Got it taped going to watch it in a bit, so excited