IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Top man, you will love it. Are you watching it at British pace? I'm not...

Yeah I'm a relic, 35 and no idea how to download stuff. Soon as mccaunaghy said asked the right fucking questions I wanted to scream

:o the pressure!

Finished Breaking bad a few weeks ago and i'm now starting all over again [all 5 series are on Netflix].

This is one of the best TV series i have ever seen, if nobody has seen it yet i recommend that you do so, asap.

Aaron Paul [Jesse] is a guest on the next Graham Norton show.

Yo bitch, i just saw your new Avatar, nice one Matt. :D

Edited by Bill

Finished Breaking bad a few weeks ago and i'm now starting all over again [all 5 series are on Netflix].

This is one of the best TV series i have ever seen, if nobody has seen it yet i recommend that you do so, asap.

Aaron Paul [Jesse] is a guest on the next Graham Norton show.

Yo bitch, i just saw your new Avatar, nice one Matt. :D

word yo! :lol:

It is the best show Ive ever seen, and I dont say that lightly.

I wasn't keen on Thor 2, thought Chris Eccleston's character (Malekith) was pretty shite.

Wasn't that bothered about the Dark Elves, nor their war.

Much preferred the first one.

The first was pretty poor too though. I think I said this earlier in the thread but the first Thor was a practically a remake of Dolph Lundgren's Masters of the Universe.

It was the Avengers film that redeemed Thor.

The London setting just didn't do it for me.

The guy with the phone in the Royal Naval College, "it's Thor, he's got his hammer and everything", annoying.

The London geography, the blond woman throwing herself at Thor in the train. I think it would have been a better joke had they given him real life instructions and he said something like "I'll go by foot".

Jane can all of a sudden create and partly control portals to another dimension.

Darcy was much more annoying this time around too.

Gran Torino was much better in my opinion

Yeah definitely. A lot of similarities in general storyline between Harry Brown and Gran Torino. But whereas Harry Brown was more just shock value for the sake of it, Gran Torino was a real character study too. A really excellent film in my opinion

I read Gran Torino was mentioned as a comparison with the movie in question, but haven't seen that release so unable to offer comment. Death Wish was included also, I.E. senior individual takes out his wrath on a youth element and delivers his own brand of retribution, but found it in all, a rather forgettable watch. Caine is an actor of caliber, but (for reviewers) to say it's his best performance (over titles such as Zulu, Get Carter, The Ipcress File etc) is questionable.

Guest Nikica

Yeah I'm a relic, 35 and no idea how to download stuff. Soon as mccaunaghy said asked the right fucking questions I wanted to scream

Hahaha yeah, those first few episodes really play up the nihilism of his character.

I'd like to help you catch up to US pace, but as you say you don't know how to download etc. A shame though, as you'd have 6 episodes waiting on you (or 5 now, ep 2 aired in UK yes?)

Guest Nikica

The first was pretty poor too though. I think I said this earlier in the thread but the first Thor was a practically a remake of Dolph Lundgren's Masters of the Universe.

It was the Avengers film that redeemed Thor.

The London setting just didn't do it for me.

The guy with the phone in the Royal Naval College, "it's Thor, he's got his hammer and everything", annoying.

The London geography, the blond woman throwing herself at Thor in the train. I think it would have been a better joke had they given him real life instructions and he said something like "I'll go by foot".

Jane can all of a sudden create and partly control portals to another dimension.

Darcy was much more annoying this time around too.

I love Masters of the Universe. He-Man was my first love as a boy - my grandad took me to see the films when I was 5 as a surprise. It was one of the best days of my childhood. Lol. Yeah, it's a poor film by general standards, but if you take it for what it is it's really enjoyable. I still watch it a few times per year. Frank Langella as Skeletor is immense - very menacing.

Really into Blacklist at the moment if you have not seen it do so it's well worth getting into and Spader as usual is top draw

Watched I-Frankenstien last night with the missus and to be honest it's shite the plot and basis of the film could have been done much better but it's nothing more then a time filler.

I've just watched Episode 4 of True Detective. The camera work in the finale of the episode was incredible, the way the camera rolled from room to room and followed the characters outside, across the street, looking through another house and swinging around to view them again was sublime. It was like the shot in Children of Men.

Edit:I've just found this:

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2014/mar/17/true-detective-cary-fukunaga-tracking-shot

Edited by Louis