IGNORED

Next Season

SimonButtle

i just feel the need to ask a few questions.

1. what formation did we play when we finished 4th?

2. what formation did palace use AJ in?

3. what formation brings the best out of our two top scorers?

4. how often has 2 upfront worked for us with this team?

answers on a postcard please?

1. 451

2. 451

3. 451

4. none maybe?

StevO is absolutely spot on!

4-5-1 has been our most successul formation by far under Moyes, it's also our most attacking.

We have midfielders capable of scoring (Cahill, Arteta, Osman), and we midfielders capable of grafting (Neville, Fernandes, Carsley).

We have 5 forwards of varying qualities and we're pretty solid at the back these days (mostly).

AJ has to be No1 when he's fit up there on his own. If no AJ, then Vaughany is a very similar type of player. Very fast over the turf and capable of bearing down directly on goal. If no Vaughany, then Victor it is also quite capable to sit up there alone. He offers good link up with the attacking midfielders and can also run at defences direct and put the shits up them.

BT? He can cut the oranges in half for half time with McFudge!

At the end of the day, 4-5-1 is an attacking formation. The midfield is where the game is controlled. If our midfield has the right mixture of grafting ball winners and attacking wanna be strikers then by default we will be strong and launch more attacking play.

DM should build the team / squad around this need and only then will we be able to seriously start to challenge regularly.

He should buy Fernandes right now so we dont get robbed and build a team around him. we already have at least 7 quality players

Howard Yobo Lescott Cahill Arteta Fernandes Johnson - Any of them would get in any team in the premiership under the top 4 and some even above so we have to hold on to them.

Arteta Fernandes Cahill VDM - Thats a midfield that will get us definate uefa cup football from the start next season. we will just have to see whether they will all stay bcos i dont think they all will sadly. i wouldnt mind if we got a left footed winger who is at least as good as VDM or id keep him. Osman isnt good enough imo he has glimmers of class but can play poor most of the time.

I wish you'd stop going on about VDM as though he's a great player, he's fookin useless and wouldnt get in any other team in this league.

He should be first out the door come summer, followed closely by, beattie, pistone, teflon, naysmith, and mcfudget.

Can you not get a special avatar Bill with steam coming out of your ears for every time you answer a positive post about VDM :lol::lol: . I have a strange feeling you feel a little strongly about him :P .

I wish you'd stop going on about VDM as though he's a great player, he's fookin useless and wouldnt get in any other team in this league.

He should be first out the door come summer, followed closely by, beattie, pistone, teflon, naysmith, and mcfudget.

hahahahahaha classic im not a massive VDM fan myself but dam you hate that guy. if he ever go's missing susspicously i bet you will have somthng to do with it. :lol: i do agree though i cant stand to watch us when he is playing he is a sack of s**te.

One of the reasons for selling im seen is that they have been told they have to sell to buy. Also i think they are being pressured into it by msi as msi dont get jack if he goes back were as they get a chunky 6 mill if he is sold. If we did get him id defo want him to be 100% are's as it is more straight forward that way. Also he does want to come to us but i belive we will have to make the decision before tyhe transfer window open as there could be many clubs sniffing around him were as we have the option to get it done before the window opens like we did with howard. It just slightly worries me the fact that if we buy him asuming we get into europe we need at least 5 new additions and to build up on the numbers and with a massive 12 million cut out are fund are we going to be able to do this. Do we want a squad or a class player?????

Am sure the owners ? also ahd a clause that if the lad played so many games 4 Pompey they then had to stump up the money.

Hence Harry, using him very sparingly.

He also said he really rated the lad, but the 12 mill was even out of their Arms dealing owners reach.

Just wondering, arnt we due some cash from man u if they win the title? That would pay for fernandes.

We won't get anything in the way of money for Rooney now, it'll be players. There are rumours that when the Glazers came in they re-negotiated the whole deal for us to get players from them and not cash in hand

surely that cant be true, once the deal is done the deal is done.

though id happily take soemone like Richardson instead of cash.

though cash would be nice.

anything would be nice.

im confused

Ofcourse it can happen, these are only add ons and can easily be re-negotiated