IGNORED

Simon Davies

Absolutely agree with bluetrip.

Was quite happy when he signed but he had enough chances inlcuding in his favoured position (whatever that was). I reckon he just wasn't good enough at our level but at Fulham he's got more chance to shine.

We did well gettin eg £2.5m or whatever we got.

And i really don't think he's done that much to since leavin-2 decent gamesbut he could go on a typical cack run of 20+ games now. Ossie's better and even mcfudge!

Coaxed might not have been the right word, but managers have to instill confidence in players and play them to their strenghts, and tacticly i never new where Davies was supposed to be playing when he was in the team, i think the writing was on the wall when he played Davies at right back. :blink: I know what i'd have said...........Fook this i'm off the managers an idiot. ;)

• 7 years later...

To be honest he probably should have been playing for them back in 2007.

Seriously though its good to see. Some players forget what got them into the game in the first place and think they are too good to play at a certain level. He will appreciate his career far more as a result of this.

Mate plays in a 7 a side team with John Barnes - he said the stuff he still does is jaw dropping. Davies will look like zidane at that level.

To be honest he probably should have been playing for them back in 2007.

Seriously though its good to see. Some players forget what got them into the game in the first place and think they are too good to play at a certain level. He will appreciate his career far more as a result of this.

Mate plays in a 7 a side team with John Barnes - he said the stuff he still does is jaw dropping. Davies will look like zidane at that level.

I think if we'd got Davies when we originally had it sorted then his Everton career would have been much different - I seem to remember between the time Spurs pulled the plug on the deal and us eventually signing him that he was out with a fairly big injury (could be wrong about that though).

I think if we'd got Davies when we originally had it sorted then his Everton career would have been much different - I seem to remember between the time Spurs pulled the plug on the deal and us eventually signing him that he was out with a fairly big injury (could be wrong about that though).

remember thinking he was class at spurs after he joined from peterborough. Just never did it for us, I think you are right, injuries may have impacted him, he did have a good turn of pace.