IGNORED

Football Crowds

Following on from my experience the other night I have been thinking how our nanny state is killing expression & freedom of speach. Here's some clips of fenerbahce fans now this is what it should be like in football stadiums for me and I cant understand why our government make rules and our police enforce them to stop things which go on all over the world and cause very little harm.

c6VAs8uZjlU

8AInR7EZ-zo

n6x7jyFAf7E

Whatever your opinions regarding crowd safety there cant be a member of this board who wouldnt want to be in a crowd like clip 1 when the shite ran out at Goodison!!

Well, ive seen some amazing atmospheres at Goodison, maybe not like that, but ask yourself WHY?

Why are the police reacting in this way?

Is it becasue people sing EVERTON EVERTON EVERTON, Its a grand old Team, ARTETA ARTETA ARTETA, When Skies are Grey et al

Or

Is it because other, more unsavoury songs are being sung.

Ive been involved in singing some unsavoury songs in my youth and where I sit the police are often picking people out of the crowd when they stand up and should something like " FUCK OFF YOU SHEEP SHAGGERS"

They have come and told my mate off once and said that foul and abusive language is not allowed

I cant help but think that something has sparked this heavy handed tactic by the police

The ale throwing is only one thing of which we know about. Im sure there are more incidents, as im well aware of what our hard core fans are like.

I think your on a loosing battle in the controlled environment of the modern football stadium with all the police and cameras, dont think you ever got police on the Gwladys in my day (fookin old bastard arnt I)

It might not be what you want to here, but youve got to look at it from both sides, some of the characters around today would love to see the lawless society that exists for the LOWIE generation being available in the Gwladys so they can do what they want

Edited by Zed

Well, ive seen some amazing atmospheres at Goodison, maybe not like that, but ask yourself WHY?

Why are the police reacting in this way?

Is it becasue people sing EVERTON EVERTON EVERTON, Its a grand old Team, ARTETA ARTETA ARTETA, When Skies are Grey et al

Or

Is it because other, more unsavoury songs are being sung.

Ive been involved in singing some unsavoury songs in my youth and where I sit the police are often picking people out of the crowd when they stand up and should something like " FUCK OFF YOU SHEEP SHAGGERS"

They have come and told my mate off once and said that foul and abusive language is not allowed

I cant help but think that something has sparked this heavy handed tactic by the police

The ale throwing is only one thing of which we know about. Im sure there are more incidents, as im well aware of what our hard core fans are like.

I think your on a loosing battle in the controlled environment of the modern football stadium with all the police and cameras, dont think you ever got police on the Gwladys in my day (fookin old bastard arnt I)

It might not be what you want to here, but youve got to look at it from both sides, some of the characters around today would love to see the lawless society that exists for the LOWIE generation being available in the Gwladys so they can do what they want

Trust me Zed we deserved a clamp down but theres more of the "unsavoury songs" in the seats than downstairs now.

We were had got as far as "and we love our kev the rat" when they started dragging people out on Wednesday, surly songs of that nature cannot be stamped out at the match!

Trust me Zed we deserved a clamp down but theres more of the "unsavoury songs" in the seats than downstairs now.

We were had got as far as "and we love our kev the rat" when they started dragging people out on Wednesday, surly songs of that nature cannot be stamped out at the match!

Thats not on, but as I said, maybe its got personal now, I suspect someone or someones have pissed a few of the plod off and your now paying for it

Are these songs sung downstairs or in your seats

Thats not on, but as I said, maybe its got personal now, I suspect someone or someones have pissed a few of the plod off and your now paying for it

Are these songs sung downstairs or in your seats

It's getting harder to sing in the seats & I believe Everton should look into addressing the situation possibly introducing a singing section. There are many fans who would happily sing their hearts out all game, every game but we are so spread out over the entire stand that it is hard to get anything of substance going. There are many occasions where you have 2 or 3 different sections of the crowd singing different songs and it just sounds like noise :huh:

^^^

id agree with you,

i dont manage to get up to Goodison as often as i ilke (only about 5 times a season- a bit shit really) and when i am their i like to sing my heart out, but the problem i find is that noone else seems to want to sing, i once went up with two mates, neither everton fans-but they were at the game so were showing their support and singing along (its worth noting that one of my friends is a liverpool fan but was still singing- don't think i would ever do the same at anfield but whatever) and while we were singing a steward came and told us to stop, apprently we were disturbing other fans!

it seems sections of the crowd don;t want to have fun, maybe the 90's have destroyed the everton fans sense of fun? i don;t know.

but we should have the right to express ourselves how we want, its supposed to be our club. the fa are taking away the players right to celebrate and the police are taking away the fans right ti sing- its killing the spirit of the game

It's getting harder to sing in the seats & I believe Everton should look into addressing the situation possibly introducing a singing section. There are many fans who would happily sing their hearts out all game, every game but we are so spread out over the entire stand that it is hard to get anything of substance going. There are many occasions where you have 2 or 3 different sections of the crowd singing different songs and it just sounds like noise :huh:

This is something I totally agree with, and I have said the same thing before only to be poo pood by some people, but I really thing it is a good thing, wont elimate the problem.

I get annoyed in the park end at times as there are only some people trying to get a song going