IGNORED

Pete Doherty Fans

Romey 1878

Steve...

Does'nt matter to me if he can spout Poetry or write a few song lyrics, kids in town get done for a couple of Grams of the heavy stuff and this twat uses bucketfulls and gets away with it. A first class arsehole and the human race would better off if he was commited to a mental institution. imo.

And as far as writing a book, the fella is never in his right mind to sign his name.

Steve...

Does'nt matter to me if he can spout Poetry or write a few song lyrics, kids in town get done for a couple of Grams of the heavy stuff and this twat uses bucketfulls and gets away with it. A first class arsehole and the human race would better off if he was commited to a mental institution. imo.

And as far as writing a book, the fella is never in his right mind to sign his name.

if hes left to get away with it then thats down to our useless police, cps & judges.

i agree he needs to clean up his act, but he never will.

and people never complained, as much as they do now, 20/30 years ago when musicians/actors/writers used large amounts of heavy drugs.

but this is an argument ive had many times, but this is a strong subject to alot of people for a lot of reasons, best left alone probably

Been away for a while and like Steve I've had this arguement many times before and I will never agree on people's views on him as being addicted to drugs does not make you a bad person.

But on the subject of the book you can see the books on the libertines official website, save a few quid ;):)

i think if your addicted to drugs and can still funtion then fine, but when you start playing up then i think you can be seen as "a bad pesron"

I love the Libertines and was biterley dissapointed by their demise, and now i really can;t stand Pete. Drugs have fucked him up majorly, i read this interview with him (well an attempt at an interview) It was in Q, he failed to turn up to the first to arranged interviews, then when the interviewer finally met up with him Pete kept falling asleep and asking the interviewer if he could get him cocaine every five minutes. Pete also stated in the interview that he was not credited for any of the songs on the final libertines album, which is completly untrue.

I dont like Pete Doherty for who is now, not becasue of the drugs he takes. Unfortuantly the drugs he takes are slowly killing him and his creativity.

Also for the comment about drug intake 20/30 years ago, people did get away with it more often, But nowadays if your famous you are in the public alot more and if your an "icon" or "role model" then you should try acting like one.

Bare in mind 20/30 years ago most footballers were smoking 20 a day, that would be deemed unacceptable now. Times change, view change.

My mate once did an inerview with him when he was still in the Libertines, think it was 2003 when we were 18. Anyway during the interview hes just smoking crack and mumbling answers, then half way through the interview picks up his guitar and starts playing a random song.

It was funny to listen too but don't think he should have been smoking crack in an interview with a 18 year old lad who was only interviewing him for the course we were doing. Thought he could have stopped for a few minutes.