IGNORED

What Are You Reading At The Moment?

jamiemaher85

Thought id start this one up as i like reading.

Recently just finished The Damned Utd by David Peace. Its brilliant, its a novelisation of Brian Clughs time in charge of Leeds, i recomend this book to anyone. Very well writen, wry and witty. and interesting to see how different the game was "back in the da.."

at the moment im reading The Cold Six Thousand by James Ellroy, good book.

Edited by jamiemaher85

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished "Join Me" by Danny Wallace, absolutly superb. Well written, funny and really quite gripping (in a cant put it down kinda way)

Just a few chapters into his next book "Yes Man" hope it pans out aswell as the ohter one. I think my preferd genre would be Travel/humour at the minute as I tend to read when Im on the train so the genre suits lol.

Just finished "Join Me" by Danny Wallace, absolutly superb. Well written, funny and really quite gripping (in a cant put it down kinda way)

Just a few chapters into his next book "Yes Man" hope it pans out aswell as the ohter one. I think my preferd genre would be Travel/humour at the minute as I tend to read when Im on the train so the genre suits lol.

Danny Wallace is a genius

Re-reading Lord of the Rings...out loud to Joshua (who's ten and obsessed with the films...decided he wants to be a professional archer when he grows up). Books being obviously hugely more detailed than the films he's a bit confused by all the extra bits and loads more characters, but it's good fun and will keep us going at bed-time for a few months!

I just read my uncle's autobiography, which was brilliant and is available in no bookshops whatsoever :lol: !

• 4 weeks later...
After finishing my Danny Wallace books (which were bloody topps by the way) ive started on "Velocity" by Dean Koontz, good read so far, gripping, ould make a great film.

I ve heard a few mention the danny wallace books are pretty good. Whats the general gist of them?