IGNORED

The Big " D "

Pat

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/....html?gusrc=rss

Ferguson losing his fitness battle and considering retirement

Andrew Fifield

Saturday December 17, 2005

The Guardian

Duncan Ferguson is close to conceding defeat in his long-running battle against injury by admitting that he is considering retiring from football next month

The final curtain may well be drawing, to a somehwat self-reproachful close?.

Guest fozzie22

Had Everton as a whole had any sense whatsoever we would not have brought him back from newcastle,but as ever with showbiz billy its all about selling shirts.

He was an above average player,who could and more to the point should have been a great player,sadly half the time he couldnt be arsed.

As some of you know,i dont think he should have had his contract renewed last season,but given the BK balls up waay of running a football club we had too.

But if this is the end,good luck to him,he made ALOT of cash out of the game,without ever realising his true potential.

i always thought with his presence in the box and his ariel ability he could have made it at a team winning a few more medals, but i admire his love for the blue (which you dont see in alot of players these days) shown when his old man was in tears in the stanley coz he was goin to newcastle. but i hope he lasts it out till the summer, if not them good luck to the big man ( and to his birds)

Had Everton as a whole had any sense whatsoever we would not have brought him back from newcastle,but as ever with showbiz billy its all about selling shirts.

He was an above average player,who could and more to the point should have been a great player,sadly half the time he couldnt be arsed.

As some of you know,i dont think he should have had his contract renewed last season,but given the BK balls up waay of running a football club we had too.

But if this is the end,good luck to him,he made ALOT of cash out of the game,without ever realising his true potential.

WTF!

Big lazy, injured alot but a fucking legend.

how can anyone say big dunc is not a legend at are club, he would die for this club which is alot seems no one even gives it a chance example the fat little mank, dunc is what ya call a true blue and in my eyes is a true legend :( and always will be, when its his last game am gonna sing his name louder than any other song!!!!!!!!!

Guest fozzie22
No legend i'm afraid, has done us well on occasions but never played enough times or consistently well, and was never a prolific scorer.

He will be remembered fondly by most blues,  but a legend. ?.............not quite.

Thanks Toffee..the sad truth is these young uns dont know what a legend is :(

B)   :D   :lol:   :D

big dunc had a fighting heart and would rev us all up... about how he would also get stuck into everyone and push shove everyone around a old skool blue i wish him all the best in which path he picks

he had a great season last season and justified another years contract.

we owe him a lot for that! :lol: the best of luck to him whatever he decides.

If the rest of the team showed as much passion as he does when he plays or even when he doesnt play according to some reports we would not be in this position. Injuries ment he never lived to his potential and perhaps he is a legend in the eyes of some blues for different reasons than that of true legends like Dean, Labone, Southall, Pistone ;-) etc. But one thing you cant take away is that on the occasions that he put on The Blue shirt he always gave 110% who ever we played and many Defenders will be breathing a sigh of releaf if the big man has to retire. I for one hope he can make it to the end of the season as he will be hard to be replaced around Goodison.