IGNORED

2 Nights In Liverpool

Joe

I just booked my flight to Liverpool and will be there for two nights on July 20-22. Maybe even Everton will be playing that weekend ( in the inter-toto cup) but I am not counting on it. I was just curious if anyone had any recommendations on places to stay? I am a 22 year old college student so any hostel or cheap accomodation would be ideal. The only place I have been able to find is the YHA hostel for 20 pounds a night. Cheers

Not going to get a better price than that Joe. It works out cheaper to stay there permanently than to rent in Liverpool! :)

It's at least double that price in a city centre hotel.. Possibly Jamaica House at £15 per night but its in a rough area and apparently it's drug-ridden and all round shit-hole... AVOID :)

Personally I wouldn't like a hostel and I'd pay the extra and go for something like: http://www.hotelformule1.com/

Joe I was also goint to suggest the Formule1 it is the cheapest Hotel in town (basic tho'), based 5 minutes walk in one direction from Albert Dock & 5 minutes in the other direction from all bars, restaurants & the city centre shops etc.

There are proberbly cheaper options to be found but for the extra £5 per night you will save on taxi's or long walks through dodgey areas etc.

Thanks guys I will look into that. Is it pretty easy to get to Goodison by bus from the city center Also is Bellefield close to the city center and is it possible to watch them train if they are in town?

Edited by Joe

Joe... download google earth... so you can see the stadiums as they are...

Type in L1 8LY for the postcode of the hotel me and Liam have recommended ;)

L4 4EL to see Goodison Park

and L12 1LW to see Bellefield..

Goodison is 4.5 km from city centre..

Hotel is 6km from Bellefield

I reckon you should book a stadium tour in advance :P stadiumtours@evertonfc.com

Bellefield is a bit remote and out the way... I think you'd need a cab to get there

post-1-1173463459_thumb.jpg

Although they may be training in the new academy in Halewood by the time you visit..

Joe... download google earth... so you can see the stadiums as they are...

Type in L1 8LY for the postcode of the hotel me and Liam have recommended ;)

L4 4EL to see Goodison Park

and L12 1LW to see Bellefield..

Goodison is 4.5 km from city centre..

Hotel is 6km from Bellefield

I reckon you should book a stadium tour in advance :P stadiumtours@evertonfc.com

Bellefield is a bit remote and out the way... I think you'd need a cab to get there

post-1-1173463459_thumb.jpg

Although they may be training in the new academy in Halewood by the time you visit..

I appreciate all the information. Thanks again :) . I'm really excited to visit Liverpool. The only city I've been to in the UK is London so I except it to be different.

bellefield is just an opeing between houses you cant see nothin mate, ive been a few times in the past, most players stop and sign autographs but its still shite. Tbh your best sticking with visiting Goodison. hope you have a good time here.