IGNORED

Crying For A New Manager?

john_webby

Why would you'se even think of saying that.David Moyes has been there for 2 years is it and he hasn't won anything but still he has got you in the champions league above my team liverpool which is a great achievment.So you'se can't be serious.That is awful.We got beat by Chelsea 4-1 but we was still confident and kept getting back behind the club and we kept winning

Comment not required! You need to understand the build up to these feelings we have all stood through everything shoulder to shoulder with our man and now all we expect is what we deserve from our manager!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I being daft here or what. It's the managers job to get the team to play football so that they have opportunities to score and a system to stop the other lot. In the game against Bolton we had 67% posession and ten odd corners to none. Yesterday we had 53% posession..nine corners to (I think) four and as many goal attempts as Villa. But somehow, totally against what you would think possible or plausable from the stats we lose both games 4-0. Who's that down to? Short of coming on the pitch and tucking the ball away in the corner what is DM supposed to do? Everything was great again two and a half games ago but he's been let down by the players from the moment David Weir put the ball past Teflon, fuck knows why..so I'm not on the Moyes out bandwagon yet (and I hope to fuck I never have to climb on it).

(just noticed I've become Kevin Sheedy...do you think he's worth a short term contract in the window?)

Edited by mikeo

I'm with your Mikeo. Unfortunately we have been in this possition too many times, we all know we need a finisher, we scowered the would for one in the summer. We are not brilliant, but I really do think we need a big slice of luck. Fooking Baros hand ball changes the game, then we come out in the second half and get a sucker punch

fooking Everton, no wonder I'm going bald

Guest fozzie22

Blaming the handball is just disguising a simple truth,we have our own finisher in BT,what a buy he was.

The other 3 goals where terrible,the defence was a shambles and to blame our ills on a handball is a wee bit silly.

DM has had his chance,4 years come march and fankly it's long enough,i'm not one to jump on any bandwagon against the manager,but when all is said and done i think he's had long enough now.

At southampton they get rid of managers for fun,we to BK's credit have given him time to get things right,some of his signings have been terrible,BT,teflon,davies,mcfadden,all not the standard to play for our great club,but they cost a lot of cash,now granted DM has had to contend with having the sale of the best young player in the country,and for peanuts as well,but he's had his cash to spend and he's not used it wisely.

The is right now to say thanks DM but we must move forward and try and get a new manager before the end of january and try to sort this mess out,because i dont think DM can.

Let's get real here fella's.

It's DM's job to get us results. The methods and players he uses are up to him. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I manage people. If my team doesn't perform, it's my arse that gets kicked!

You can only make excuses so many times.

I would rather see some " non pretty" players putting the effort in for us, the people who pay their big wages. I'd love to see DM have the balls to make a big point of this shambles that is Everton at the moment.

Carpet a few of these Prima Donnas and let 'em know they're not doing enough, and they're dropped. Make them feel like shite (as we do all too often) and get some of Holden's boys involved.

These reserve guys will show you the effort.

Desparate to make their name and break through.

Teach the effortless ponces in that side that complacency won't be tolerated any more.

I'd have half of them in tomorrow! Against The Shite!

it's not as if we'll lose "respect". We haven't fookin got any at the mo!

So, come on Moyes, get some bollocks and TRY and sort it out.

If not, you'll be out of a job next week!

I think calling for Moyes head now is still as bit premature.

Yes, he made some mistakes in the summer with perhaps the biggest being letting Stubbs go in favour of a new contract to Weir and not resigning Michael Ball instead of buying Nuno Valente.

He should have been able to see what was obvious - that Stubbs even with a lack of pace was a real captain, was a good organiser at the back and had a strong association with the fans and Ball was always a local lad with proven Premiership quality and experience - whereas Weir was finished and Nuno Valente unproven (He'll never be able to play in the Premiership).

Also he has really been badly disrupted by the fact that Gravesen and Carsley are no longer either at the club or are injured. Tommy's loss really has left us with little creativity and command of the centre of the park and Carsley was one of our best players in protecting the defence last year.

But in general the signings of Arteta, Martyn, Yobo, Van Der Meyde and Neville are good signings. I think Kroldrup and Beattie will come good - Beattie needs the right partner and service (He has been much improved when VDM has played). If we could add a pacey striker to play alongside him - AJ is the best option - then he will be ok. Kroldrup just needs time to get used to playing with Yobo and the rest of the back four.

Davies needs to up his game. He would be better if he is playing in the middle with someone stronger either alongside him or with another player covering the back four. Cahill is really off his game at the moment and too much is on Arteta as the only creative player. Van Der Meyde creates a threat for other teams and we need him back quickly - so far he has been ok but when he hits form and fitness, he'll offer Beattie more chances.

At the moment, Moyes needs to revert to 4-1-4-1 or 4-1-3-1-1 with some cover for the defence.

My team for tomorrow night with Carsely unavailable would look like this :

Martyn

Hibbert Yobo Kroldrup Ferrari

Neville

Arteta Cahill Davies

McFadden

Beattie

I think we need some more cover for the back four and Neville is the best bet for this and it's about time Ferrari was given his chance at Left Back - for the earlier games this season he looked ok and could be a good buy, given a chance.

This is my biggest complaint with Moyes - he buys Kroldrup and Ferrari and then doesn't get them into the team quickly to bed in.

He has stuck with Weir too long when it was obvious that his lack of pace was a problem for how high the defence can defend up the pitch, the wins over Boro and Newcastle were a bit of a defensive smokescreen and Moyes should have seen this.

In both wins and the win at Blackburn, Nuno Valente was injured. It was obvious that he wasn't up to the job and we should cut our losses on this signing quickly. He isn't settledeither - sell him in January !!

Finally in the game yesterday, Moyes can't do anything about Yobo falling asleep when he should have tracked Angel behing Kroldrup for the 3rd goal, he can't do anything about Cahill not picking up Delaney's run for the 2nd goal (Hibbo was at fault) and he can't do anything about the fact that Hibbert didn't follow Baros' run from midfield for the 4th goal. All 3 of these goals could easily have been prevented by basic common sense and effort by the players in question. I would be suggesting that the players need to take a serious look at themselves for these goals.

Just to add - on a very reliable source - Newell has already been approached with some of his coaching team and if results don't pick up over Christmas then a change will be made in early January.

Jason

Finally in the game yesterday, Moyes can't do anything about Yobo falling asleep when he should have tracked Angel behing Kroldrup for the 3rd goal, he can't do anything about Cahill not picking up Delaney's run for the 2nd goal (Hibbo was at fault) and he can't do anything about the fact that Hibbert didn't follow Baros' run from midfield for the 4th goal.  All 3 of these goals could easily have been prevented by basic common sense and effort by the players in question.  I would be suggesting that the players need to take a serious look at themselves for these goals.

Jason

I disagree here, he sets the players mental state before the game and getting the players to perform is his job. Ive been a staunch Moyes fan in the past but these embarrassments show somewhere hes going wrong and there is no sign of improvement.

As for Newell, he hasnt enough experience to manage a club our size we need a tough and respected experienced man, even if its just to avoid relegation.

Then once the inevitable management shuffle after/ before the world cup we will have better options, Gus Hiddink is the man for me. Top notch motivator and good tactician.

Guest fozzie22
Taxi for Moyes?

More like a fuckin' mini bus!

Take most of that dross with him please.

Talentless buch of tossers!

How dare they subject us to more of this.

Carry the can Moyes, and FUCK OFF!

Dont beat around the bush steve..say what you mean :angry:

Fuckin hell !!

Why can't Moyes see that Nuno Valente and Weir are hopeless !!

Until Moyes gets a settled back four with Kroldrup and Ferrari in place, we will have big problems. All this chopping and changing is making our defense crap.

Poll was terrible last night though - Goal when ball didn't cross the line and then Beattie trying to break the net with 5 mins to go - could have been a different scoreline even if we were 2nd best on the night !!

Jason

Taxi for Moyes?

More like a fuckin' mini bus!

Take most of that dross with him please.

Talentless buch of tossers!

How dare they subject us to more of this.

Carry the can Moyes, and FUCK OFF!

I think everyone is being a bit harsh ! It just goes to show how well moyes done finishing 4th last year, Finishing 4th last season was all down to moyes nack of getting the best out of average players, Everton are now suffering from what newcastle went through last season after playing out of there skin all season and finishing 4th, Only to throw it all away by not qualifying for the CL, It was and still is a massive blow for the club and fans, The players and club are suffering from a hangover from last season, Moyes is a v.good manager but he needs backing fron the board ! If anyone deserves some stick Bill Kenwright should carry the can, I'm sure if I was as bad at my job as Kenwright is at his I'd be on the dole by now ! :lol:

Guest fozzie22
I think everyone is being a bit harsh ! It just goes to show how well moyes done finishing 4th last year, Finishing 4th last season was all down to moyes nack of getting the best out of average players, Everton are now suffering from what newcastle went through last season after playing out of there skin all season and finishing 4th, Only to throw it all away by not qualifying for the CL, It was and still is a massive blow for the club and fans, The players and club are suffering from a hangover from last season, Moyes is a v.good manager but he needs backing fron the board ! If anyone deserves some stick Bill Kenwright should carry the can, I'm sure if I was as bad at my job as Kenwright is at his I'd be on the dole by now !  :lol:

I agree over Kenwright,but come on are we forgetting the season before last??

We struggled like hell to avoid the drop,and DM was in charge then was he not?,the truth is we've had 4 great months at the start of last season that carried us through (more or less) to 4th spot.

I myself put this down to the rooney factor,and given the summer we had it was a good response from the players,but lets be fair,DM "lucked" into the 4-5-1 formation,nobody else was playing it at the time,and thus we became difficult to beat,now everyman and his dog plays (more or less) the same way,and given we have no structure to the team we're getting ripped apart everytime we play.

DM has spent 25 mill or so,how much more do we give him? another 25 mill? to bring in more "superstars"?no thanks,its time for a change.

As for his replacement i would team peter reid with kevin campbell,with campbell looking to be boss next season,or failing that george graham,like him or not,he has a track record at sorting clubs out..arsenal,leeds spurs..his record speaks for itself,thinking about it when was the perinaial underacherivers spurs last trpghy? oh yes when graham was in the job.

The last thing we need is a foriegn manager coming in,we need someone who knows the game,and can try to help us steer clear of relegation,becuas emake no doubt about it,we're in a relegation battle now.

Guest fozzie22
Although our next match against Sunderland is crunch time, you have to look at his whole time at Everton.  Not just this season, but last season, and two seasons before that.  I don't see a new manager turning things around just like that for this season.

I've said many times mate that the club under DM has stood still

I may be wrong of course :lol:

To turn this club around now Needs major surgery.

At the present time the club continually relapses into dangerous periods, and if it is allowed to continue, may not recover before it slips into total obscurity.

The large growth that is sitting in the boardroom needs to be removed, along with any lesser growths besides the chairmans seat, who are also damaging to our health and recovery.

Any minor problems can come good again after a six month rehabilitation course, and we can be gradually nursed back into a healthier position.

But we need help from outside forces, with the finances and intelligence to return our club into a "Feeling good and happy" situation, and to bring us back some stability.

PS....AIMED AT BK...PLEASE......Dont leave it too late till there is no way back, if you are a true evertonian like you claim to be, save the club and fuck your job, get someone else in who can run a football club properly.

I've stayed away form the forum for a while cos i knew i would be depressed with what i read but i never thought it would be this bad. I am a Moyes supporter but i'm not going to over enthuse about him at this moment in time because judging by the recent performances the players are not behind him and the writing may be on the wall. It won't be Kenwright making that decision cos we all know he has a great relationship with Davie and as per usual with Bill he will wait for Moyes to stand up and make the statement himself. In the year 2005 we have only gained 38 points which is simply not good enough and Moysie knows that. This is a man who has won the manager of the year award 2 years out of 3 which is remarkable considering the men he beat and is still highly regarded as one of the top managers in the prem outside the blue half of the city.

To the people or person who says the club has stood still under Moyes needs to have a fucking word with himself and remember what we had before Moyes was here and remind himself that we have had the 2 of the most exciting and enjoyable seasons of the last 10 years. It kills me to hear how disrespectful and what little they remember, they are dismissing what moyes has done last year and that he deserves at least another year and a half to get it right.

To list old twats and no-marks like Graham, Basset and Reid to replace Davie is laughable and shameful. We are all passionate Evertonians and that means more than any outsider knows but we have got to be realistic, last year has hightened everybodys expectations when probably we were not ready and we are a victim of our own sucsess.

I suspect Davie is hurting just as much as the rest of us and he knows like us it could have been so much different.

Hi guys im a liverpool fan and was just interested to see what your views all are. I was shocked that so many of you are calling for david moyes' head, even though you saw last season the heights he can propell you too.

In some ways, you over-achieved last season (lets not mention beating the BEST team in merseyside), but surely this made you see that over the next few seasons, moyes can take you there again, and this time keep you there. You went from relegation battlers and a team that would have been happy just to stay in the premiership, to fourth in the league, and staring champions league football in the face. The expectations have risen so highly, that moyes has to repeat one of the most glorious seasons Everton has had in years.

As for the derby, you were playing against a team high in confidence, with a frame of mind that they could beat anybody. Everton battled, and showed plenty of fight, so you should take heart from a gutsy performance (and a james beattie goal!), rather than being critical of the management.

Loyal red

Understand how you feel Trev, but no man or group of men is bigger than the club

over the years i have had many dissapointments.

Who would have thought we could sell Alan Ball, not yet in his prime and a Goodison legend for five years after his world cup exploits, getting rid of Alex Young was another shock to my system, yet the sixteen year old boy who replaced him became another legend, Joe Royle.

so you see what i'm saying, the club carries on.

Onto the managers and its the same thing, Kendall leaves after 4 of the greatest years in the clubs history. Many more too numerous to mention.

But since the eighties how many managers have been givin as long as DM, with little or no improvement. ??? 3 years seems to be about the average, and those managers didnt get money thrown at them like Davey has, the squad are playing worse today, than any squad he has had in his 4 years here

There is feeling amongst some that we have too good a squad to go down, well dont you believe it...... Ferdinand, Lampard, Carrick, Cole, Kanoute, Defoe, all excellent players managed to go down with West Ham.

If the Manager cannot inspire you to play with Pride, Confidence, and commitment, he is not doing his job right, the players look as if they dont want to play for him, and that suggests to me that somebody else should be brought in.

A new broom sweeps clean, lets start afresh for the new year.

Guest fozzie22
I've stayed away form the forum for a while cos i knew i would be depressed with what i read but i never thought it would be this bad. I am a Moyes supporter but i'm not going to over enthuse about him at this moment in time because judging by the recent performances the players are not behind him and the writing may be on the wall. It won't be Kenwright making that decision cos we all know he has a great relationship with Davie and as per usual with Bill he will wait for Moyes to stand up and make the statement himself. In the year 2005 we have only gained 38 points which is simply not good enough and Moysie knows that. This is a man who has won the manager of the year award 2 years out of 3 which is remarkable considering the men he beat and is still highly regarded as one of the top managers in the prem outside the blue half of the city.

To the people or person who says the club has stood still under Moyes needs to have a fucking word with himself and remember what we had before Moyes was here and remind himself that we have had the 2 of the most exciting and enjoyable seasons of the last 10 years. It kills me to hear how disrespectful and what little they remember, they are dismissing what moyes has done last year and that he deserves at least another year and a half to get it right.

To list old twats and no-marks like Graham, Basset and Reid to replace Davie is laughable and shameful. We are all passionate Evertonians and that means more than any outsider knows but we have got to be realistic, last year has hightened everybodys expectations when probably we were not ready and we are a victim of our own sucsess.

I suspect Davie is hurting just as much as the rest of us and he knows like us it could have been so much different.

Can you honestly say 9 goals in the season so far is good enough??

Can you honestly say 14 wins in all comptions is good enough?

Can you honestly say DM has made good signings?

Can you honestly say the club hasnt stood still??

I can see it has,you may prefer to live in la-la land with blue tinted glasses on,but the only way the club is heading is down,and frankly that means relegation,we cant score,defend,have no attacking options,but no according to you everything is ok :) .

I suspect i'm a bit older than you and can remember the days of yore when things where a bit better than what they are now,and if you think that this is good enough for Everton than maybe its time to give up on the club altogether.

The squad is'nt good enough,simple as that,i have been saying it most of the season,and its more than a possiblilty that we can get relegated,what will happen than?

Administration?bankrupcy?you may scoff but this is a realistic possiblity if things are left unheeded.

I have said before,a manager is an employee,nothing more,nothing less,if you where doing your job as badly as DM is at the moment wouyld you not expect the sack??i know i would.

As Toffeelicker said,the club goes on,no man whoever it is is bigger than the club.

There is feeling amongst some that we have too good a squad to go down, well dont you believe it...... Ferdinand, Lampard, Carrick, Cole, Kanoute, Defoe, all excellent players managed to go down with West Ham.

Heed these words,we're in trouble and if we cant see it then yes we're fucked big style.

I suspect i'm a bit older than you and can remember the days of yore when things where a bit better than what they are now

I'm a bit older too Foz and I can remember things being better..but I can also remember things being a whole lot worse....

"Some of the fans demanded his sacking after some poor performances, but club chairman Philip Carter backed Kendall. Then, like a gift from the heaven, during a League Cup fifth round match against Oxford while being 0-1 down, Everton got a lucky equaliser scored by Adrian Heath. The bad back-pass from an Oxford defender that led to the goal is probably the single most important pass in Everton's history. This match has generally been thought of as the turning point, and the replay was won 4-1." (Stolen from ToffeeWeb)

The calls for Kendalls head were much louder and more unpleasant than what's happening today I think..or is my memory playing tricks. Where would we be now if he'd been sacked?

People keep saying the manager must go, but give us a reasonable and sensible alternative.

Unfortuantly, loyalty is a comodity in very short supply in the modern and fickle world. Im not a blind sheep, I know we are shit, but I think there a lot of reasons, from having fook all money for the previous seasons he has been in charge and board room shenanigans. I think he has been OK, in two season we have been in the top ten. Some people will scoff at that and say its not good enough, but it all I have had to cheer about in 10 years

We need to get through this bad patch and move forward WITH David Moyes

Give me a better alternative