IGNORED

Joey Barton . . . . . . Again!

Merseyside Police have arrested Joey Barton on suspicion of assault and criminal damage.

The Manchester City midfielder was arrested in relation to an incident which is thought to have taken place in the Wavertree area of Liverpool.

The altercation is alleged to have involved a taxi driver and police confirmed Barton has been bailed.

"I can confirm a 24-year-old man, from Widnes, was arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage and assault," said a spokeswoman for Merseyside Police.

"He has been bailed until May pending further inquiries."

Barton's arrest comes just a month after Hampshire Police investigated claims he made obscene gestures to Portsmouth fans at Fratton Park.

The accusations came after Barton's tackle injured Pompey midfielder Pedro Mendes, but The Football Association later cleared the England cap of any wrongdoing.

In October, the player was fined £2,000 by The FA after being found guilty of a charge of improper conduct and/or bringing the game into disrepute after dropping his shorts at Everton.

On Sunday, Barton threw his City shirt into the crowd following the club's 2-0 defeat at Blackburn Rovers in the FA Cup after he had questioned the desire of some of his team-mates prior to the game.

id still have him here, just depends if moysie can calm him down a bit

he's still young. just as long as off the pitch incidents don't affect his on the pitch performances i dont care.

he's a player in the mould of cahill and savage. Strong, passioante but a little bit dirty. if he plays against you then you hate him, if he plays for you then he's a legend.

id still have him here, just depends if moysie can calm him down a bit

he's still young. just as long as off the pitch incidents don't affect his on the pitch performances i dont care.

he's a player in the mould of cahill and savage. Strong, passioante but a little bit dirty. if he plays against you then you hate him, if he plays for you then he's a legend.

I agree. I actually think he would do really well at Everton. Who knows he may get really frustrated with being at Man City and may want a change. I remember him questioning their players desire over the weekend and they still lost :lol:

24 is still young but he's only two years short of AJ and I dont notice AJ dropping his shorts like a prik, fair enough he's a good player but his "dirty player" reputation hasnt come from no where. I wouldnt like him at the club purley cos I think he's a wanker and I dont think our club wants a wanker!! He dropped his shorts to his own fans after they were jeering the city team!!

The following opinions are just that opinions..............

Joey Barton is a a fucking liability on and off the pitch, a player with that much ability and natural footballing brain should not behave like a spoiled teen-ager with a grudge. I have said elsewhere we have just gotten rid of a major problem child, why the fuck should we saddle ourselves with another.

Like it or not people our players are meant to be role models to a new generation of Evertonians and what is everyone screaming for? - another "badboy".

Someone please explain this to me.

ATB

Mac

You and I have banged heads a bit over this one Mark, if footballers are not to be looked up to, why does the club send them out on "hearts and minds" type PR stuff to Alder Hey and the like, why do we have a football in the community department?. A big hairy horses cock of a fuck off from me.

ATB

Mac

2 things,

totally agree with ya Mac, some of his on field antics are just not good, I mean we can debate about the whole going down the back of the ancle thing, he's done it twice!!!! same as his arse, fuks sake Joey get a grip put it away, we dont want to see it anymore, if it carrys on we'll have to put you in the naughty corner you spoilt child!!!

and,

BOOTOM - Genius!!

Edited by Dunny the Blue

any player that can get in the england squad will do me (within reason) before people saying ow jermain jenas ect lol. he is a young upcomingh player who has the bite and fight we need in our mid no one ever complained about keane being a pshco. Beside's dispite what people say about duncan he is a hero in the eyes of many many evertonians , one of those reasons is for being a crazy sun of a bitch.at 6 mill i still belive he is a steal.

iHe has talent, thats not debatable. Its just whether his tempremant can be managed, and that is where the problem is. His manager needs to make Barton respect him and the club, City have had a few managers come and go while barton;s been there so that could be a problem. and barton has already shown a lack of resopect to the club over his contracts. Maybe being an evertonian he would respect the club more and behave better.

In my opion it all depends on if moyes can calm him down. its down to the manager at the end of the day, im not sure how good Stuart "PSYCO" Pearce would be at calming him down, but im going to guess not brilliantly.

Edited by jamiemaher85

Barton is a quality player who would fit v well into our midfield, hes an everton fan and a realistic target. i for one dont really care about his arse or his cigars, he shows more passion for man city than most of their players, he would be even more passionate if he played for the team he loves.

As someone said, hes the type u hate if on the oppo but love if hes on your team

got to disagree about the if hes in your team you love him. why are the england squad asking McClaeren not to call him up again? maybe he is a twat through and through, idk and niether will any of us. would love to have him here based on his footballing skills but fuck him for his off-filed antics.

got to disagree about the if hes in your team you love him. why are the england squad asking McClaeren not to call him up again? maybe he is a twat through and through, idk and niether will any of us. would love to have him here based on his footballing skills but fuck him for his off-filed antics.

Because they are arrogant twats who dont think their places should come under threat from a player at a smaller club. Fuck Lampard etc ginger McClaren picks the side based on footballing ability, and that is how we should look at football players who we want to come to this club.