IGNORED

Arsenals depth...

Guest Reg Reagan

Guest Reg Reagan

I can tell that Arsenals depth is at its thinnest i have seen in years and if one serious injury to any of their topline players could see them battling in the mid table this season which is very good for us :)

Yeah i noticed that Reg, Chelsea had over 70 million quid sat on the bench players who would walk into any other side in the Prem, and Arsenal had players ive never heard off??? How funny was Drogba's goal?? That fella couldn't finish his tea without a huge slice of luck could he hahaha :)

Guest fozzie22

Cant really see what arsenal are trying to gain by the move to a new and very expensive stadium tbh

No point having a poor(for them) team,but the best ground in the league,makes little sense tbh

Guest Reg Reagan

well the thing is fozzie about highbury is its facilities is not upto standards...

all 4 of their stands are very steep and you could fall over the top of other fans...

the parking there is terrible and it takes you ages just to get into the ground.

But i think the move to the emirates stadium is more of a financial move which arsenal can be financially secured for the future and to buy topline players and that IMO is a smart move.

How can Arsenal make any profit by having 31,000 fans there at highbury whereas they can make heaps of money out of the emirates with the capacity of 63,000? If Arsenal stayed at Highbury for over the next 6 years... they would be dead.

Guest fozzie22
well the thing is fozzie about highbury is its facilities is not upto standards...

all 4 of their stands are very steep and you could fall over the top of other fans...

the parking there is terrible and it takes you ages just to get into the ground.

But i think the move to the emirates stadium is more of a financial move which arsenal can be financially secured for the future and to buy topline players and that IMO is a smart move.

How can Arsenal make any profit by having 31,000 fans there at highbury whereas they can make heaps of money out of the emirates with the capacity of 63,000? If Arsenal stayed at Highbury for over the next 6 years... they would be dead.

Good pionts Reg,and i agree about highbury its a godawful place,but when they put the team in jespody because of failing to give the manager the cash he needs to strenghthen it,it doesnt add up to me.

But saying that 5 years down the line they will be rolling in it thats for sure.

So i suppose that shorterm loss as opposed to long term gain it makes sense.

• 2 years later...