IGNORED

Dying Poll

Andy

12 members have voted

1. 1. are you scared of dying?

• yes
    • no
    • not sure

i never usually think about it,but for some reason these past couple of days ive been thinking what its like and what would happen,and looking on to a time when youll just cease to exist,isnt that scary?or should you just learn to accept that which fateful to us all?

During the Gulf I was given The Last Rights as a matter of logistics and convienience. Recent brushes with death have underpinned my lack of fear to shuffle off this mortal soil.

Is it a fear of death or fear of the unknown, that is so prominant in our minds when it comes to issues like this?.

ATB

Mac

:o

I'll have you know I'm the victim here you bunch of heartless bastards although I suppose you make your own luck in life and my bigh mouth and unexplinable prominence in group situations does set me up for the odd fall.

Id rather imagin my end on par with Tony Montana Louis ;)

I wish you well with that Liam, can't say it's a pretty way to go mind.

I see myself pegging out at the controls of my private jet, being given oral pleasure by my 15th wife (a 21 year old Philipino lovely) at the age of 128.

What a way out, coming and going at the same time.

ATB

Mac

I'm probs a lot closer to it than most of you and i dont like the idea, but i must admit i have accepted the inevitable. and theres Fook all i, or anybody else can do about it.

Having said that, i'm quite surprised that i am still as fit as i am, and have already lived longer than i thought i would.

In my younger days i was experimenting with the uppers, downers, smoking a bit of this, and trying a bit of that, as all youngsters do, and have really abused my body, and considering on top of that i have smoked 30 fags a day for over 50 years I really am surprised i'm still here.

So the answer to the Question is NO, I'm not afraid, but its coming much sooner than it was 20 years ago...........then i was afraid, but not now cos i consider i've had a good innings and time waits for no man.

PS...... It is a morbid subject but you should never be afraid of talking about it. :)

Bill's point is quite valid, as we become older, our own mortality is brought into question. Does it also come down to a matter of faith and what you personally believe in?.

I'm with Terry Pratchett on this one, if you believe that you go on to a greater existance in a Utopian surrounding, then that is what will happen. If you believe that a a charriot full of 6'2" Amazonian type Valkyries come to collect you and then attempt to bring you back to life with vigorous and frequent sex, then it will happen.

My own lifespan is in my own hands, what happens after that, who knows, who cares. I just want to enjoy what I have been given.

ATB

Mac

Not greatly bothered by it...can't explain why but in the moment I saw Josh being born any fear I had faded away. Could be that I'd achieved the main point of my existence on the most basic level, that is to continue my blood-line, but not a conscious thought. My dad was terrified of dying, refused to talk about it even when it was imminent and inevitable, made it very hard for all of us.

I have no idea what comes next...I suspect it'll be nothing at all but be nice if it's how it's described by Julian Barnes in his book "History of the world in 101/2 Chapters"

heres a thought.

this new stem cells lark which is hoped to create livers, hearts etc of the recipiants DNA therefore the body wont reject it. i wonder that if in the future that 80 year olds will get a full regeneration for thier birthdays. so in theory people can choose to die when they feel sick of life.

I too have been thinking about death recently. One of my best friends died last week so its been on my mind. It would have been his 22nd birthday today as well so that really sucks. At the funeral the vicar said that its healthy to have a fear of death, becasue a fear of death and acknowlegment of your own mortality should make you embrace life more and make you appreciate what you have. A fear of death should enhance a love of life

Although i dont fear death i can understand what you're saying.

The minute i wake up in the morning, it does'nt matter if its 4 or 6 oclock i cant just lay in and try to go back to sleep, might be missing something.

I'm up making a pot of tea and looking forward to another day, I think to my self aah i'm still here I've not died during the night.

I think the closer you get to death, the more you appreciate life.

My little bit of advice to all is to Enjoy life to the full like today is your last day, cos for some it just might be.

Happy Bastard arnt i. :D

I'm scared of it tbh. When I was younger I had a panic attack thinking about it.

Same here Louis, for about a year I was very scared, use to have panic attacks alot. Not very nice for an 10 year old :(

Now I don't worry one bit, not much I can do about it is there :D

I can now get on with being a moaning tw*t without having to worry about something as trivial as death

I too have been thinking about death recently. One of my best friends died last week so its been on my mind. It would have been his 22nd birthday today as well so that really sucks. At the funeral the vicar said that its healthy to have a fear of death, becasue a fear of death and acknowlegment of your own mortality should make you embrace life more and make you appreciate what you have. A fear of death should enhance a love of life

sorry to here about your friend, so young. the vicar has a point though, taken in the right context, a health fear makes you strive for things

Although i dont fear death i can understand what you're saying.

The minute i wake up in the morning, it does'nt matter if its 4 or 6 oclock i cant just lay in and try to go back to sleep, might be missing something.

I'm up making a pot of tea and looking forward to another day, I think to my self aah i'm still here I've not died during the night.

I think the closer you get to death, the more you appreciate life.

My little bit of advice to all is to Enjoy life to the full like today is your last day, cos for some it just might be.

Happy Bastard arnt i. :D

Have you always felt that way licker (no offence) but as youve got older have you changed you mentality, ive notice as im getting older and you see more of the bad things in life(like people dieing) it makes me think Ive got be positive and make the most of my life. I never used to think about it at all