IGNORED

To Move Or Not To Move That Is The Question

dont know about you lot! but im sick and tired of sitting in top balcony and seeing that red **** hawk of a ground just think there will be a even bigger one to look at! just think a grey day in jan sitting watchin us underperform against a team like wigan bolton or even man city, think i would agree to a move over the water just to get away from them red ****, i think alot of people have to look at it for the club but not your own personal veiw, who like sitting at Goodison and going home with a sore neck??? i know i dont.

the option to rebuild on Goodison is not an option, stanley park was a no no, what you need to ask yourself is do liverpool ciyr council really want us that bad? i think not, i mean how much did the red **** pay for the park???? im sure liverpool council have a field big enough for us to buid on within the area but they have yet to come forward and make a formal offer to us, are you realy going to stop turning up for the blues just because they are not in liverpool city??? kirkby postcode is L32 is that not liverpool??????

i mean ffs wigan have a better ground then us so come blue's if we have to move out the city to go forward then stand by the blue boys!!! or you could always make a weekly trip to stanley park!!!! i personally would travel to moon if it meant going to watch the mighty blues play, i think whoever is against the move deep down would themself. So let the club do what they have to to get us back where we belong top of the league, thats not going to happen a Goodison i think,unless abramovic has a transexual brother who likes the slum's lol

thats my veiw on the whole thing i have wanted to veiw it for a while now

comment on it as you please

Edited by gaz efc

To be honest Gaz... 100% against your argument at this moment in time.

Why should we move because we can see Anfield from our ground? That's a ludicrous reason to move stadium! Goodison can be redeveloped and the council leader has said (on record) that he is willing to demolish those houses (council owns them) and move the school (as the amount of children in walton is dwindling) behind bullens road if it means Everton can expand and stay in the city. Click here for more information on redevelopment musings.

Wigan, Sunderland, Coventry may have a better stadium in your opinion, but what in yours makes a good stadium? Does it have to be modern?

I'm not a fan of LCC either but imo we should stay firmly in the city region. Liverpool did not pay a penny towards the stanley park land as they have given the anfield land back to the council for 'regeneration'. Don't be too sure about their new owners either, they have bought the club and it is not costing them a penny, they've simply took a massive loan out - in effect it's their fans who are paying for everything they get not the americans so please don't get it into your head that Abrahamovic's long-lost brother from Walton is going to be the answer.

I am becoming more and more biased against the new stadium everyday. It is a factor of me living on the Wirral so Kirkby is further for me, I can't see tourists visiting Liverpool travelling 7 miles to a town centre stadium to see us play when they can travel 2 miles to watch football of the same standard in a larger brand's bigger stadium.

It's a lose lose situation for us. Personally I am pinning my hopes on a LCC 'rescue plan' to help redevelop Goodison Park if they are so desperate for us to stay.

There are some people who say that the deal is as good as done. If the majority of fan's want it then it is, but if those who do not want it are in the majority the club have said they will not move. At the moment it is Tesco who have paid for all planning, surveying and research into Kirkby. If it was the club who had paid I'd be more worried.

louis the comment about liverpool's ground was a sight joke, i agree dont move coz there is somethin bigger, thats like saying next door have just buit an extension so we have to move!!!! in not that sill mate, well if the council say they can rebuild Goodison then how come i read on the everton website this week that bk had already spoken to the council regarding the rebuild and they had say said no to it, it came down to the school or somethin so i think you might have to look into that one!

also i was just reading a comment on another topic saying that the council were thinking of extending the boundries of the city so that we would still be classed as " liverpool city".

how do you travel to the game????? if train think! the time you spend walking or on the bus to the ground that would be save with a rai link staright inbto the new ground. dont get me wrong i would love for us to stay at gooison but thats not going to happen reading what bk had said with the meeting with LCC,

as for your comment about tourists, if they are going to be comming to the city to see either ground panned then the train system would allow them to go to the new ground.

thanx for the comment was a good response but still im up for the move think its the best way for the club, LCC are not bothered if we stay or go otherwisw they would have bend over backwards to keep us within the city limits

Goodison then how come i read on the everton website this week that bk had already spoken to the council regarding the rebuild and they had say said no to it
The council leader said that the club never enquired about it. He could be lying about it but he has said if he was found to have been lying he'll resign.

also i was just reading a comment on another topic saying that the council were thinking of extending the boundries of the city so that we would still be classed as " liverpool city".

It's been in dispute since 2004 mate, the liverpool city council cant just say to knowsley council that they want this piece of land to be in their boundary. There has been a campaign to rename Merseyside region but because people on the outskirts don't want to be part of 'Greater Liverpool', they'd like to remain as 'Merseyside' it's gone nowhere.

I go to the game on the train and walk up from Kirkdale station. I admit Kirkby station is closer and more conveniently located but travelling time would be cancelled out as its a longer travel on train.

as for your comment about tourists, if they are going to be coming to the city to see either ground panned then the train system would allow them to go to the new ground.

It would allow them to, but they could also see Tranmere Rovers. Not unheard of but not very likely. I fear we'd miss out on a lot of attendees for the games. If you were to go to Barcelona who would you want to see Barcelona at the Nou Camp or Espanyol at the Nou Sarria? In my opinion it's going to become like that situation if we move.

Im really mixed up about it to be honest, I thought I didnt wat to move to kirkby, but think the WHOLE development will benefit us as the complex will probable include retail, cinema, entertainment and so on, all which will be great revenue. It could really be the fresh start that we need

If anyone knows the areas, which I do, the above cinema, retail and so on will be a great addition to kirkby towny, the motorway network is right next to it and the access will be brilliant for out of towners (not from the wirral direction), which will make it even moe attract as a venue for other events. Any redevelopment of Goodison or another location in liverpool wont have al the retail/entertainment stuff as liverpool is saturated, the giant new development on the waterfron and the paradise project will transofrm town even further. Why have a Goodison arena with all the addons down the road?

Then im sentimental and selfish as I live less tha 3 miles away and dont want it to move away, but kirkby aint so far, and im sure there not stupid enough not to lay on some good soccer busses from various areas

I sat fek the redshite, lets not worry about them, going to kirkby will be our decision

im not too bothered about location tbh as long as its for the good of the clubs long term future. that the stadium its self has everyhting we want in our new home, and that the club get the profits, not knowsley council or tesco. i quite like the idea of the stadium being based on a retail complex, bars at the ground (owned and run by the club) and cinemas could keep people spending at the stadium for longer periods. restaurants as well, can all bring cash into the club.

but i want to see te proposed plans before my final judgement

It depends on what's going to happen to GP aswell...

Would you be happy if the club kept it but turned it into a car park so it'd bring in income from Liverpool fans and Everton fans? Obviously a park and ride system from Goodison to the new stadium