IGNORED

Beattie

Ian

After the performance sunday I couldnt help but notice Beatties absence. Moyes has recently (and since the start) bigged Beattie up saying he will come good but I'm starting to think even Davey is losing faith in him.

To me it looks like he has dropped to 4th starting striker, behing the 2 young lads and AJ, and to be fair, rightly so. Vic and Vaughny are looking more impressive everytime I see him and we all know what AJ can do.

So is this the end for Beattie? Personally I've always wanted him to do well, I think his hearts in the right place but he just doesnt seem up to it.

If an offer comes in I think hes off to be honest.

the thing that pains me most is that i know he'd be awesome in scotland :o

why have i got a feeling that we're gunna end up getting rid of beattie and arteta to pay for fernandes and buy another winger for a couple of million afterwards?

Agree with Andy think he would do well in Scotland. Maybe a £4m sell to Rangers or Celtic will do him good.

Shame as I think in form he would be a good partner for Beattie with his knockons.

Don't think that Arteta will be sold to be honest this season even more so if we make it into Europe

I am fairly sure he will go in the summer, with Nugent coming in instead.

I think we will get £4M for him all day and there will be plenty of clubs interested in him at that price, and I don't think that is an unreasonable price for somebody to pay for him - so a £2.5M lose on the player, which in this day and age is not the end of the world, for what was a record Everton price paid at the time.

When you look at the money lost on some strikers over the year by variouse clubs, it nothing really. When he came to Goodison I thought he would be a good player for us, but it has just never happened for him. Shame, some you win some you lose.

sorry Louis, can' agree with you.

It's not like be bought Beattie for his potential - We paid good money for a proven goal scorer.

Yes, he has a run of 10 games last season when he looked half decent an bagged a few goals, but it didn't last, he faded at the end of last season, and has done nothing this season.

I am afraid if you buy somebody as a proven regular goal scorer, and in the 2 year + you have been at the club your record is 14 goals in 79 apprearences (and a % coming from the penelty spot), I am afraid it is time for you to move on.

Yes, he has been a little unlucky at his time at Everton, some injuries, Moyes playing 4-5-1 with AJ and Cahill going forward.

He has had a few chances to get on the score sheet this season, but has gone for a spectactular blast when a controled finsh would have done the trick - so has no help himself in my book. Good for the flashy finishes when you are scoring on a regular basis and your confidence is up.

I was one of the ones bulling him up last january - march, but he just never pushed on, and ended the season on the whimper at which it started, time for new blood now.

I don't think Beatie has been given a long enough run in the team this season to say he's finished although his injuries have contributed to his lack of chances. In any case, apart from one amazing season at the Dell he was never a prolific striker. I personally think he is better than he has shown this year but Moyes seems to have washed his hands anyway. Putting two youth team graduates ahead of him when he's fit is a pretty damning indictment. Hopefully Blackburn will come in for him this summer.

I'm still of the opinion that we shouldnt get rid of him yet, potentially leaving us with AJ and two youngsters. Fair enough the young lads look good, but if your gona talk goal scoring there just as effective as Beattie, fair enough they run their arses off but obviously they would, thats not to say Beatts doesnt cos ive seen him get arond the pitch more than once this season. If we played him for the rest of these coming games, up front with AJ it would do him the world of good in my opinion, getin a run, a solid run, in the team will boost his confidence loads, i mean unless he's not really tryin in trainin it must be demoralising to be picked behind two 18 year old "rookies"??

RuffRob,

Spot on mate, he's had his chance, he's been given time and although he looked alright for a while so what? He looked good cos there were no strikers to compare to.

Now we have a true quality striker in Johnson and he makes Beattie look shit. I wanted Beattie to be the one, big money/ scores for fun at Southampton but for us it hasnt worked. It may be the system of the the player so who knows, at the end of the day he is not fitting in and not scoring.

Whenever I have seen him he doesn't look interested, along with VDM, but for some reason we look at them with "well they are boss players", NO they aren't so lets face up/ sort it and make Everton progress.

VDM and Beattie can go as they do not do enough, big money and not enough effort so get rid. Would you accept it in your job? People can be nice but if they aren't pulling there weight then they are shitting on the rest so get rid.

Sorry but Beattie for one reason or another doesn't fit at E.F.C and he can go, not fit/ not match fit/ doesn't ge a run in the team are all my arse. It says a lot that two youngsters are ahead of him, two players who are eager/ full of running & eager for Everton.

RuffRob,

Spot on mate, he's had his chance, he's been given time and although he looked alright for a while so what? He looked good cos there were no strikers to compare to.

Now we have a true quality striker in Johnson and he makes Beattie look shit. I wanted Beattie to be the one, big money/ scores for fun at Southampton but for us it hasnt worked. It may be the system of the the player so who knows, at the end of the day he is not fitting in and not scoring.

VDM and Beattie can go as they do not do enough, big money and not enough effort so get rid. Would you accept it in your job? People can be nice but if they aren't pulling there weight then they are shitting on the rest so get rid.

Sorry but Beattie for one reason or another doesn't fit at E.F.C and he can go, not fit/ not match fit/ doesn't ge a run in the team are all my arse. It says a lot that two youngsters are ahead of him, two players who are eager/ full of running & eager for Everton.

I probably agree with most of what you are saying, but please does elaborate and make things up, such as

" Whenever I have seen him he doesn't look interested"

He tries is arse off, hes just a bit shit

I probably agree with most of what you are saying, but please does elaborate and make things up, such as

" Whenever I have seen him he doesn't look interested"

He tries is arse off, hes just a bit shit

I'm with you Zed he's not going to be the one for us but as shit as he seems to be at times you can never fault the running of the lad, IMO thats the only reason the masses havent already turned on him. Poo or not he runs his socks off every time he pulls on that bulue shirs to when he's gone I'll still respect the lad for his effort and put the rest down to bad business by the club.

EDIT: WTF is this, I'm doing it more and more recently "shirs to" fist letter of next word & last letter of previous word mixed up :wacko:

Edited by GoldfishMemory

I cant understand why Beatie has NEVER looked the business since coming to Everton. Hes turned out to be a waste of money. And to think the man thought he could get to the last world cup at one point.

That game v Chelsea when he stupidly got himself sent off (basically lashed out simply because he was too damn slow) THAT sums up his stay.

He seems like a nice enough bloke but I'll be happy to see him go.