IGNORED

Everton Vs Aston Villa

Hi Evertonians..I am representing astonvilla-mad.co.uk and would appreciate if you could take the time to answer a few questions.

Noone is forcing you to be generous and this is very much optional. ;)

1. The fixture "Everton vs Aston Villa" goes way back. What are your thoughts on the fixture?

2. What are your current thoughts of Aston Villa and the position of the club in genral.

3. What do you think of the current Aston Villa manager "Martin O'Neill.

4. How do you feel your season has been so far?

5. Do you think David Moyes is the right man for the job?

6. How many fans are you expected to bring to Villa Park and what sort of atmosphere do you expect.

7. Which team of the following teams are more likeable? Aston Villa, birmingham City or West Bromwich Albion.

8. The Merseyside derby is often known to be less-heated than other derbies. Is it really that good-natured?

1. The fixture "Everton vs Aston Villa" goes way back. What are your thoughts on the fixture?

I moved from Liverpool when i was young to Warwick and Everton v Villa (at villa park) was my first game i went to. so this game has always had a special place in my heart.

2. What are your current thoughts of Aston Villa and the position of the club in genral.

I used to dislike Villa quite abit but think they are turning into a more attractive side, the money has helped with that though.

I really like Martin O'Neill and wished he became the England manager. O'Neill is one of the reasons i like villa a bit more this year. Think he his an excellant manager and is always fair in his post match analysis. A True Proffesional

We beat Liverpool 3-0. Need i say more....

.. but seriously, really pleased with current leauge position but some silly points have been dropped which could prove crucial come the end of the year.

Most Definately. He has done something i thought he couldn't. Raise evertonians expectations so that we practically expect european football rahter than expect a relegation scrap.

6. How many fans are you expected to bring to Villa Park and what sort of atmosphere do you expect.

A fair few fans will travel down becasue its an important game and not too far to travel. I have never found Villa Park to have a great atmosphere, and i have been a few times and not just for Everton games. But i havnt been this season and i imagine the atmosphere should be a little better your fans are probably a bit more optimistic since Dougie Boy got the fuck off.

7. Which team of the following teams are more likeable? Aston Villa, birmingham City or West Bromwich Albion.

Probably Villa, im indifferent about Brum, dislike WBA, hate Wolves (i know there not on the list but thought i say anyway):-

but for a midlands club id plump for Walsall. been to Bescott a fair few times and always enjoyed it. Paul Merson is a fat smack head though.

8. The Merseyside derby is often known to be less-heated than other derbies. Is it really that good-natured?

Depends who you sit with. Some younger fans can make an idiot of themselves, but i have lots of Liverpool fans as friends.

I think it all boils down to wheter individuals can take banter as good as they give it.

Edited by jamiemaher85

Hi Evertonians..I am representing astonvilla-mad.co.uk and would appreciate if you could take the time to answer a few questions.

Noone is forcing you to be generous and this is very much optional. ;)

I dont really think much of the fixture tbh, but this year it will mean a lot as a win would go a long way in us achieving a European spot.

2. What are your current thoughts of Aston Villa and the position of the club in general.

I think that you're pretty lucky to have got Lerner as your owner, he seems to genuinely care about the club unlike some other American owners

He's a good manager, but still only average. I don't know why Villa fans think he's going to be the messiah and finally lift you out of mid table obscurity.

It's been a good season so far, but it could so easily have been a better season.

It's more of a case he's the only man for the job, no manager is going to want to come here and have his hands tied behind his back financially. He's done a good job on a shoe string.

Im not sure how many fans will be there tbh, but they'll provide a cracking atmosphere as always.

I'd say Villa, but that's only because I can't stand Birmingham because they seem to think they're a big club (my arse), oh and Steve Bruce is a dick. WBA are like an annoying little fly, hope they stay in the Championship.

It's not as good natured as it's made out to be, but it's not as heated as it could be I suppose.

Edited by Romey 1878

It has no special things going on realy accept for the 3 points up for grabs.

I think thing are finaly looking on the up for a villa after a few pretty dull seasons

I think o'neill is a top top maneger and could do some great things with villa if randy lerner keeps his money on the flow bring in more big signings like young

Our season has been steady as we have failed to get a good run of wins together and has not been helped by injurys cahilll and unfair treat ment eg newcastle and i could go on forever.

Dispite what some people think i do think he has what it takes, amybe with abit more backing of money like yourselves lately and we'd be the buisness

Enough to over power your fans :P

I like birmingham at the moment as thy hav e alot of good young talent, also they allways had the best over you's in recent derbys

Id say it is one of the most heated as is shown on the pitch. As far as the fans form about the moday morning till the wednesday the losing fans willl take stick and then it will only be mention once every blue moon.

A: Not much really, just another game, most fixtures go way back unless your 120

A: Thought you would be up were we are after your good start to the season.

A: I like and respect him

A: All things considered we are doing well and have put ourselves in a very good position at the business end of the season

A: YES

A: im sure we'll fill the away end, we have a good away support. Villa was my first ever away game

A: Anyone but Birmingham

A: Used to be, but not any more

Just a normal game really there is no real rivalry between the two clubs.

Maybe under achieving a little bit after your good start but it takes time for players to settle in and next year i think you'll have a good season.

good wise manager who knows the game well.

Good overall but as jamie said we have dropped a few points which could prove crucial.

Yup

Quite a few hopefully!

I would probs have to say Villa. Dont like Brum or WBA

Depends. No derby is good-natured really.

had its ups and downs over the recent games, we've put 4 on each other lately, so maybe expect a few goals? but our defence is solid right now, so hopefully there all ouor way!

i cant really stick villa in a position to be honest, never really worry me as an opponent, not challenging for europe. mr. learner may change that thou.

very good manager, i rate him very highly, needs to strengthen his side alot.

i'm happy with our season so far, some good results, a few disappointing ones, but we havent been properly rampaged by anyone and we are in a good position to get into europe.

at the moment, yes. i cant think of a realistic replacement.

a few thousand, look out for us, we'll be the minority, you'll hear us!

WBA, probably because of Stevie Watson, legend! oh and i did like Brian Robson, what a player!

ask Gary Naysmith that one

just another fixture to me, not a big one tbh but all the same its another 3 points if we win.

You havea chairman who likes the club, so you should be in safe hands, thought you would do better this season like.

He's good but people always say he did wonders in scotland...its scotland FFS lol but overall he is a decent manager.

could be better, could be worse. but if you told me we would be 6th towards the end of the season in pre-season i'd bite your hand off :P

how does two manager of the year sound? hes done a better job than most managers, i was one who called for his head a few weeks back but if you look at his overall performance as everton manager hes done an outstanding job.

as many as possible will go, just a little trip down the motorway. we always have a good away crowd.

dont like any tbh. but Villa if i had to choose.

depends really. you get a fair few knobheads who start trouble but overall many everton and liverpool fans are family and friends.

Have respect for Villa (being fellow founding members etc). I think there are a lot of Evertonians respect them as I remember early 90's at Goodison where attendances were generally below 30,000. But when Villa came for some reason attendances were up (from my memory anyway).

Thought you'd be doing better, youve now got money behind you and a good manager so NO EXCUSES next season.

Hes short and irish.

6th as we speak. Looking confidantly at 5th. (if we beat Villa and The Arse beat the RS, some will be dreaming of 4th) were ON THE UP.

YEP! hes got a good team together. And besides no-one better would want to come here at present. He is the best we can hope for at the mo. We do need to keep improving though otherwise the vultures will be circling.

Coz of the win v Arsenal (and general performance) and coz of the importance (re; Europe) there should be a fair few making the trip.

Wolves!! No not really. well, without sounding like I want to give you a big girly kiss on the bottom, its VILLA.

Less heated?? I dont think so. There is less of a HATRED towards the fans because we all have mates from the darkside but I still hate LFC. The rivalry is certainly heated but not in an ugly way. Although there are some that dont share my view and their hatred deffo runs deeper.

decent fixture, normally throws up a decent game, with exception to Goodison earlier this year, dear god that was poor

they're alright, position wise should be higher, i'd be disappointed if i were a villa fan with the money and manager they have

decent, annoying but good manager

nay bad, could be higher had we had more of the decisions we should have, but can't complain with 6th really, we'll have to see how long we'll stay there for

hmmm, possibly, he's certainly improving each season. i'm a bit sceptic as to whether he can take the club further, but his signings this season have encouraged me

fair few, we're doing fairly well and we normally have a good away support

villa i guess, hate bham and dnt care much for wba

oh i don't know about that. on the pitch it can be fairly fierce, however, he have mates or family who support the shites, there's a lot of banter. we hate each others clubs because there's more history with this derby than most others. but when it comes down to it, we can sit side-by-side and watch the match.

- Is the most played fixture in the history of English top flight football. Promoters like it 4 that purpose.

- Sadly 4 Both clubs if anyone has under achieved in the past few decades worse than we have, then it's Villa.

- Dont rate O'neil, think he is lucky. Does a nice jig though.