IGNORED

Local Knowledge Please

MikeO

We're coming up for the Charlton game next month, wife's coming too but not to the match and we're staying the night in the Travel Lodge at Brunswick Dock. So what I need to know is, as she can't book into the hotel til three (ko time) is there anything to do nearby where she can kill an hour or two. Sadly she doesn't drive or she could drop us off at the game. The alternative is leaving her in the city center and her getting a cab to the hotel...any info would be gratefully received.

She can have a look around the albert Dock which I think is a brisk walk away, it has the maritime musem, some shops beatles experiance, and if she walks a bit futther oposite the Liver building she can have a go on a ferry across the mersey. Possibley you can also pre book the Yellow duck marine, which is an amphibious vehicle which starts at the albert dock and does a road tour of liverpool city centre the goes into the albert dock water and give a tour of this. I been on it and it was a bit different and really fun

Would I be right in thinking she would have all your baggage?

If so.. theres nothing anywhere near because brunswick dock is a business park...theres a pub called the brittania a bit down the road and thats about it.

No the baggage will be in the car Louis...she'll be weighed down by a credit card and a desire to shop but nothing more. Thanks for the info so far though, just need to present her with a few options. Was going to stay Saturday night as well but for some reason all the hotels I looked at are all booked or expensive...the Travel Lodge is £119 per night if we'd stayed Sat and Sun but only £26 for just Sunday...go figure :huh: .

• 3 weeks later...
Was going to stay Saturday night as well but for some reason all the hotels I looked at are all booked or expensive...the Travel Lodge is £119 per night if we'd stayed Sat and Sun but only £26 for just Sunday...go figure :huh: .

I just figured :lol::lol: . It's called the Grand National :P .

Anyhow got the tickets...we're in the Main Stand. Set up nicely after today. See y'all there :lol: !