IGNORED

Favourite Sitcom's/ Comedies

jamiemaher85

After talk in another post started to go towrds favorite sitcoms/ comedies thought i would start this one up:-

I am going to give a two part answer, english and american.

My favourite English SitCom is I'm Alan Partridge. I cannot watch it enough times and i still laugh everysingle time. The night before i went to the world cup in the summer me and my friend had to decide whether to a) Get a good sleep as we would not get another chance for three weeks or b ) stay up all night watching alan partridge and getting drunk.

needless to say the next day i hurt.

close second for english comedy is Dark Place.

My favourite American sitcom is probably Arrested Development. Very funny and brilliantly written. It also the stars Henry "the fonz" Winkler, so thats allways good.

close second would be Seinfeld

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

things like alan partridge are an aquired taste. i love it. but don;t really like some of the older sitcoms, i like fawlty towers but shows porrige or only fools and horses just never really appealed to me. Its not that i hate them, its just that they dont make me laugh out loud. things like alan partridge do.

I haven't watched very many English Sitcoms because they hardly ever play them on tv here :( . The all time best Sitcom though is Seinfeld. I watch it every night and it still never gets old.

Seinfeld is brilliant, i have the first 7 seasons on dvd, as it was never really shown on terrestial tv here. Im not a huge fan of american sitcoms but this one is very very good. I prefer the more modern Arrested Development though

But seinfeld did kinda start the whole new movement of sitcoms, focusing more on conversations than events.

I like:

South Park - the best

Spaced

Black Books

Estage Agents

Does Buzzcocks count?

Balls of Steel is alright but apparently it influences kids and a few kids have been suspended for riding their teachers like donkeys (seriously).

Frasier

Seinfeld

Friends is ok

Joey

Scrubs

The young ones

I'm now bored of Simpsons, Family Guy, Phoenix Nights and the Office

also what's the mighty boosh like?

I like:

South Park - the best

Spaced

Black Books

Estage Agents

Does Buzzcocks count?

Balls of Steel is alright but apparently it influences kids and a few kids have been suspended for riding their teachers like donkeys (seriously).

Frasier

Seinfeld

Friends is ok

Joey

Scrubs

The young ones

I'm now bored of Simpsons, Family Guy, Phoenix Nights and the Office

also what's the mighty boosh like?

here is episode 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3qrfFYbYf4

Edited by jamiemaher85

^^^

Curb your enthusiasm is amazing, the first season is really good if you followed Sienfeld.

Though my favourite episode is probably the end of season 4 (i think) Where there is the performance of The Producers. If you have seen the original film it makes the episode so much funnier.

Larry David is a god

The Office and Partridge are the best out there for me, both genius IMO. Gervais and Coogan are great in everything ive seen them do. (Put I'm Alan Partridge on or The Office most nights, never gets boring) Father Ted is just behind though, brilliant.

Blackadder is great as well (think atkinson is very clever with words and his delivery is spot on), Faulty Towers, Monty Python, Only Fools etc.

That arrested development is the closest thing i've seen to really good comedy from america (not counting 'The Simpsons' and Family Guy which are hilerious), friends is funny but the humour is a bit obvious.

Look out for a new comedy on BB3 called rush hour, seen the first episode last night, quite a good sketch show.

The Office and Partridge are the best out there for me, both genius IMO. Gervais and Coogan are great in everything ive seen them do. (Put I'm Alan Partridge on or The Office most nights, never gets boring) Father Ted is just behind though, brilliant.

Blackadder is great as well (think atkinson is very clever with words and his delivery is spot on), Faulty Towers, Monty Python, Only Fools etc.

That arrested development is the closest thing i've seen to really good comedy from america (not counting 'The Simpsons' and Family Guy which are hilerious), friends is funny but the humour is a bit obvious.

You're not wrong there

top class show, Neg is a full on legend with some of his stuff he does but it will have a nock on effect its that funny lol. Loved the Urban Sprinting one by him. the annoying devil is also funny